drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

I thought maybe you guys could help me out.

A friend and I are trying to make an entire mirror of the Pokémon Dream World before Nintendo removes it in January. As you probably know, there's only a little over a week left to do a game sync, and without that valuable data, we can't really do much besides mirror just the minigames by themselves.

I'm assuming that when you do a Game Sync from Pokémon Black/White/B2/W2, it basically just uploads your save data, or even the .pkm of some sort, to their servers, which is then handed to the DW site. I want to do some sniffing with a Wireshark-type tool to see what exactly is being sent and to where.

I first tried Charles Proxy.. but this is the only thing I was able to find:
http://i.imgur.com/YQeRNaA.png

When I did a game sync it didn't show anything, only the connection test worked. My friend was told that if you set proxy settings in your DSi's connection, it automatically encrypts all the traffic.

But... I know forum users able to get X/Y traffic un-encrypted. So I'm curious what you used. Thanks

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, so how do I connect the DSi/3DS to it? For Charles Proxy I had to use my router's IP/netmask/gateway/DNS and then just set my PC's IP as the proxy server. Is there any way to do it as a transparent proxy where I just set the default gateway and/or DNS to my computer's IP?

shepe

Trophies
XP
Country
get yourself a linux box (can easily be a VM) set the networking up on that as if its a normal machine on your network with your internet router as default gateway. then enable ip forwarding ( echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward)

Now set the default gateway of your 3ds to be the ip of this linux box you have just made. Then use tcpdump with a filter for the ip of your 3ds and the -W flag to write a pcap file which you can then copy off and look at in wireshark

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds good. Come to think of it, that's very similar to what I did for the HomePass setup, only I used my Raspberry Pi for that. Thanks.

GregoryRasputin

The PS3 Scenes Most Hated Person
Banned
Trophies
Website
playstationhax.it
XP
Country
Hmm, so how do I connect the DSi/3DS to it? For Charles Proxy I had to use my router's IP/netmask/gateway/DNS and then just set my PC's IP as the proxy server. Is there any way to do it as a transparent proxy where I just set the default gateway and/or DNS to my computer's IP?

Here is a link to a tutorial on how to do it on the PS4, its basically the same for any other device:
http://wololo.net/2013/12/05/howto-use-a-proxy-server-with-your-ps4-to-sniff-psn-traffic-skfu-pr0xy/

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's how Charles Proxy works too. The problem is if you check "use proxy server" on the DSi, it starts encrypting traffic... Nintendo probably realized people were going to try to packet sniff. So I need a transparent proxy. I'll try the Linux method.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, sigh.

I tried the Linux method, my DS gave me a green 3-bar signal but then puked out an error and refused to connect. I even tried using mobile hotspot on my Android phone and using Shark for Root... and the logs are empty! Not even the connection test got captured, even though it was successful.

I'm running out of ideas and out of time. Anyone else? I even tried Instacheck Hotspot, my laptop's built in wi-fi + the Datel Wi-Fi Max I bought for Homepass... same thing there, DS connected but gave an error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Whip it, whip it good!