Hardware Monitor won't kick in after UPS breaks

Pleng

Custom Title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Power where I live/work can quite often shut out for a couple of seconds and then come back on again (when I say quite often... it can happen once or twice a day, or week... but sometimes a couple of months can pass by without it happening.

Due to this I have my computer and my monitor plugged into a UPS. However, 'recently' when the UPS kicks in, my monitor switches cuts out with a "no signal" message on the screen. No amount of mouse shaking, unplugging and reconnection of HDMI cables or swearing at the monitor/computer will bring the monitor back on. I am then forced to power off the computer, which kind of negates the whole point of having a UPS in the first place.

Things that have changed since the setup was last *known* to behave properly:
  • Computer has been re-housed in a new case
  • New CPU Cooler/Fan has been attached
  • New graphics card has been installed
  • Windows has been upgraded from 7 to 10

One point of interest that may or may have an impact is that on top of Windows 10 I host two Virtual Machines: A Windows 7 VM and a Linux Mint VM. Nearly always one or the other VM is running full screen.

I searched around online for a while and saw a suggestion that in Windows 10 I should turn PCI Express Link State Power Management off in power settings. I have done this yet still the problem persists.

I don't have access to the power circuit to simulate the shutting off of power, so it's pretty difficult to recreate the problem for testing.

Anybody have any ideas what might be causing this and how I can prevent it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: He's right behind me, isn't he?