Mongol

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Westside, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Westside
    OP

Westside Sogdiana

Dec 18, 2004
    Uzbekistan
    Guantanamo bay
  2. acoustic.digital

acoustic.digital GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2008
    AUS
    i've seen a leaflet about that today in chinatown, i thought it looks pretty cool. : D

3. jelbo

jelbo Ōkami!

Sep 12, 2003
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    Yeah, that movie looks to be really cool. It's already out here in Europe for a while, I should see it soon.

BTW, Westside, are you or your ancestors really from Uzbekistan, or is it just to be cool? [​IMG]

4. Westside
    OP

Westside Sogdiana

Dec 18, 2004
    Uzbekistan
    Guantanamo bay
    What's wrong with you, lol? I am 100% Uzbekistani... However, not 100% Uzbek. This means I am FROM Uzbekistan, but not an Uzbek by blood. I'm only 50% Uzbek, my father's side of the family migrated to Uzbekistan long time ago, it's an ethnicity called Uyghur, very similar to Uzbek.

5. jelbo

jelbo Ōkami!

Sep 12, 2003
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    Hah, I don't know, for some reason I thought you were an American/Canadian just trying to be funny. But then again, you're too funny to be a comedian so you're a real Uzbekistani after all. [​IMG]

6. anime_junkie

anime_junkie GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2007
    United States
    Minnesota
    That looks kick-ass. I need to see this, as Genghis Kahn is one of my favorite historical figures.

7. Gman 101

Gman 101 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2007
    Karkand & Mashtuur City
    Is Uyghur somewhere really close to northern China? I have a friend who comes from far north China, and somewhere down the line his ancestors were Russians.

8. Westside
    OP

Westside Sogdiana

Dec 18, 2004
    Uzbekistan
    Guantanamo bay
    North West China. It's called East Turkestan by "serpertists". My father passed down alot of knowledge about this place to me.

9. Javacat

Javacat GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2007
    Just got back from watching it. Really impressed, twas a great movie.

It was also the first time I've seen a movie projected with a digital projector, which made it doubly great. Everything was crystal clear [​IMG]