Hacking Molecule's boot logo disabler for enso (3.60)

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
never saw this thread first time around but man this app sounds well too risky with some of the above comments
sure it’s safe if you’re careful what you’re doing but no way i’m risking bricking my beloved vita just to change the boot splash

DeadOneWalking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE : Got it working. I had to re-flash 3.65 and then re-do Enso. I had an old version of HENkaku that was causing the issue.

never saw this thread first time around but man this app sounds well too risky with some of the above comments
sure it’s safe if you’re careful what you’re doing but no way i’m risking bricking my beloved vita just to change the boot splash

I get that, but it really looks like it's just people using the wrong version. I went out of my way checking I had the right one before I messed with it, and I have the old PlayStation logo back.
I just prefer it looking as close stock as possible with a couple tweaks.

Uzuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would my PS Vita show the Molecule logo while my PSTV shows the Sony logo? Both are running 3.65 Enso and the only difference is I just hacked my Vita yesterday with the new Trinity exploit. Meanwhile my PSTV has been on 3.65 Enso for ages and I never did anything to the boot logo.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would my PS Vita show the Molecule logo while my PSTV shows the Sony logo? Both are running 3.65 Enso and the only difference is I just hacked my Vita yesterday with the new Trinity exploit. Meanwhile my PSTV has been on 3.65 Enso for ages and I never did anything to the boot logo.

sorry, old post. I'm not sure if this is somehow different, but the ensou logo shouldn't appear on the pstv. I think it's due to the slow speed of the gpu being initialized.

Knm1988

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Hey I made the same mistake too. Just got my brand new PS VITA slim that I bought from Japan and now it's fuck. I also install the boot logo app that says always shows ps logo and after that my PS VITA slim was done. I feel so stress out about it. Just when I finally got to hack it and things were getting very excited and now it's bricked. Guys isn't there any solution at all? I tried everything. I can't boot into anything or will the screen show anything. Just the power light

LuanTeles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
would be nice a newer version with fw check, i now it has beeen discontinued and to use enso_Ex but i saw many posts about isssues with it, and i really wanto to get rid off of molecular low resolution logo

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
would be nice a newer version with fw check, i now it has beeen discontinued and to use enso_Ex but i saw many posts about isssues with it, and i really wanto to get rid off of molecular low resolution logo

It's not exactly the solution, but SKGleba released CBS-Manager recently, including vpk to hide the molecular logo in the beggining. No need to mess with enso_ex.

https://github.com/SKGleba/CBS-Manager

LuanTeles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's not exactly the solution, but SKGleba released CBS-Manager recently, including vpk to hide the molecular logo in the beggining. No need to mess with enso_ex.

https://github.com/SKGleba/CBS-Manager

Yeap, i installed and the henkaku settings is gone, i took a fully day to realize that the cause is CBS Manager.

When i install it the henkaku disappears
When i reinstall enso the CBS Manager disappears ( due to low level plugin)

Aetiusx7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I bought a like new ps vita 2 weeks ago and I made the same mistake using this tool and now my vita is permanently bricked, does anyone know if there's a way to unbrick it without changing the motherboard?
Thanks

Last edited by Aetiusx7,
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, did anybody find any solutions to the bricks this software is causing? I got this software through my friend's vita via ad-hoc transfer and installed it thinking it was a simple change. Now I have a dead vita that doesn't even let me turn on the recovery menu, the only sign of life I recieve is the orange light that signals the vita is charging...

If I knew modding this was such a hassle... I would'nt even try...

Last edited by Mauricio Desiderio Filho,
Reactions: Aetiusx7
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, did anybody find any solutions to the bricks this software is causing?

I might have missed something, but as far as I understand, the only brick cause is when you install the 3.60 version on a 3.65 enso or the 3.65 version on 3.60 enso. Which then would be the only thing to pay attention for, with enso ex is much more that can go wrong. The thing im not geting is, why are there v5.0 mirrors everywhere but v5.1 is nowhere to find?. Oh yeah and sorry about your brick, what version was your vita on, and assuming it worked fine on your friends vita, is he using 3.60 or 3.65?

Reactions: Aetiusx7

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, did anybody find any solutions to the bricks this software is causing? I got this software through my friend's vita via ad-hoc transfer and installed it thinking it was a simple change. Now I have a dead vita that doesn't even let me turn on the recovery menu, the only sign of life I recieve is the orange light that signals the vita is charging...

If I knew modding this was such a hassle... I would'nt even try...
First thing you should know about modding is that it can leave you with a paperweight, specially if you don't do things with attention. Second thing is that you don't mod other people's consoles.
Since I assume you installed 3.65 on 3.60 or vice versa (that's the only thing that can brick the vita using this software), as far as I know you now have a paper weight. Buy a new motherboard on aliexpress.

Last edited by evertonstz,
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since I assume you installed 3.65 on 3.60 or vice versa (that's the only thing that can brick the vita using this software)
So that is actually the only thing to go wrong? I really don't get why it was removed, In the v5 zip file that can be found, there are vpks for 3.65 and 3.60, it does not take much to figure out which one to use.

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First thing you should know about modding is that it can leave you with a paperweight, specially if you don't do things with attention. Second thing is that you don't mod other people's consoles.
Since I assume you installed 3.65 on 3.60 or vice versa (that's the only thing that can brick the vita using this software), as far as I know you now have a paper weight. Buy a new motherboard on aliexpress.

Editing because I think I remembered things wrong, I actually had a 3,60 fat vita, i downgraded because i had the latest version since I had bought games on that but was not giving a damn anymore since the support for vita ended. He gave me a program for 3,65 because his vita is a slim model and couldn't go further back.

And there you have it, I lost my vita because of this.

Had I read this forum beforehand I would never do this. Such a simple change completely breaking my Vita... I hope people don't make the same mistake I did.

Last edited by Mauricio Desiderio Filho,
Reactions: evertonstz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.