Hacking Molecular Shell and Vitashell Icons have disappeared after installing SD2Vita HELP!

KamisamaLover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have just installed SD2Vita correctly and didn't mind re-installing henkaku and enso BUT I just did and have all the storage but have lost the icons and cannot access the software. If anyone could upload how to fix this it would be much appreciated!

dizz00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Maybe you forgot to move them.
- remove sd2vita and use vita mc
- install "application storage manager"
- use asm to move molecular shell and vitashell to internal memory

For other apps/games just move the mc content to sd.

I suggest to move all essential apps to internal memory, that way you can swap between sd2vita and mc easier.

Last edited by dizz00,
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
when I remove the sd2vita it says it will format my old 4gb sony card...
also whats asm?

Hold L while powering on the vita to prevent plugin loading (if you're trying to boot from your original vita mem card).

There's no need to move apps to ur0, they will work fine from the microsd as long as you copy them over.
Make sure you've formatted/copied data from your vita mem card to the microsd as per https://www.codedonut.com/ps-vita-hacking/ps-vita-setup-sd2vita-tutorial/

Last edited by Count Duckula,

KamisamaLover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, um it has started up safe mode after I rebooted and copied all the files from the ux0 (with hidden file stuff turned off as well) and it has started safe mode and has given me three options:

1. Restart the system
2. Rebuild Database
3. Format Memory card (WHAT I DONT WANT TO DO)
4. Restore this system
5. Update system software.

HELP PLEASE

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Most odd. If it cant read the microsd correctly normally it'd either ask to format or just hang on the enso logo with the orange LED near the cart slot flashing non-stop.
At a guess it is reading the sd2vita but doesnt like something about the data on it. Does the orange LED near the cart slot flash as it boots?

Restart and see if it boots.
If not restart again and hold L at boot and you should load as normal to your vita mem card, then make sure you followed the steps exactly.

You're fully shutting down (holding power button then hitting the option on-screen) before inserting/ejecting the vita mem card and/or sd2vita, and after making changes to the *KERNEL section of ur0:tai/config.txt yeah?

KamisamaLover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok looks like its booting ok....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

booted all okay but first im going to try this:
"The file is corrupt" error shows up when you have an app installed in a memory card but your system has the SD2Vita mounted (and viceversa), since the app is in the database but it is not in the memory that is mounted the system won't launch it and assume the file is corrupted.

Easy fix, mount the SD2vita again and go to the henkaku website, once it launches the webpage press the buttom R and keep it pressed, this will reinstall molecular shell the memory card or SD2vita (ehatever is mounted) and will now work.

ok that didn't work

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok looks like its booting ok....

booted all okay but first im going to try this:

Yep that can be done any time you dont have/cant load molecularshell.

Note that it will also recreate the ux0:tai folder (you need to delete it) and it will reset your ur0:tai/config.txt to default (back it up or set it up again after).
If you dont delete ux0:tai and you reboot, taihen will use ux0:tai/config.txt instead of ur0:tai/config.txt which we dont want when using an sd2vita.

Edit: it does work, I've used it to reinstall molecularshell before on a couple of different vitas. Make sure you hold R just as the black molecule screen loads.
If all your bubbles are missing (games etc that were on the vita mem card) not just molecularshell you have a problem with the microsd setup.

KamisamaLover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
cool didn't even work anyway...

Im going to now try and reboot and see if I can make sure that the sony memory card can start up

Okay I installed nondrm WAY before I installed the sd2vita. I read somewhere in a thread that it needed to be RIGHT below *KERNAL . Is this true and should I delete the ux0:tai/nondmp.skprx or just move it below?

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The gamesd plugin must be the first line under *KERNEL, the nonpdrm line goes underneath it. eg https://pastebin.com/sZch2yC8
You need to move the gamesd plugin (and any other plugins you've set up and placed in ux0:tai) to ur0:tai, configure ur0:tai/config.txt to load them from there and delete the entire ux0:tai folder.

Explanation (I cant bring myself to type it yet again): https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/...uestions_thread_christmas_edition_sd/drrsm80/

Having said that, nonpdrm issues would stop you playing nonpdrm games, it wouldn't stop the molecularshell bubble showing.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
cool and do I need to move my nonpdrm file to ur0 instead or ux0?

Yes, the gamesd plugin, the nonpdrm plugin and any others you set up always go in ur0:tai not ux0:tai if you are using an sd2vita, and you must configure ur0:tai/config.txt to look for them in ur0:tai as per my example config.txt

There'd be no point setting config.txt to look for them in ur0 if you didnt also place the plugin there :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol