ModWii USB Loader Upgrade v.50 to v.70 USB no longer recognized

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by kingcobrasnake, Nov 22, 2011.

1. kingcobrasnake
    OP

Newcomer kingcobrasnake Newbie

Canada
    Have been running an older 2009 version of CFGUSB Loader since Dec 2009 with a portable Seagate 160 GB HD. The wii is hard moded with a chip.

I followed the current posts on-line & formatted SD & HD drives & reinstalled ModWii V3.0 (excellent program) on 2GBSD & 160GBHD. Followed instructions & made it through the Indiana Jones Lego program along will all the patching. etc. Yes, I am connected to the correct USB port 0 nearest the edge of the Wii.

I have already formatted the Seagate portable 160GB HD to FAT32 twice with no success. Also reformatted the 2GB SD card to FAT32 twice.

Tried reloading Wii Mod V3.0 yesterday with no errors. Issue when pressing the CFGload icon today is "searching for config.txt" - USB Mass Storage Device - USB is not responding. The 160GB HD (used for the past year with no issues) root directory has the following current folders: apps, system volume information, recycled, usb-loader (where config.txt resides) & wbfs.

I have seen some topics in recommending to change from 249 to 222. However, I do not know how to do this? Please provide step by step direction or point me in the right direction.
    Is this issue a USB CFG V70 software issue, Wii, SD or HD compatability issue? Thanks!