Homebrew ModMoon - a beautiful, simple, and compact mods manager for the Nintendo 3DS.

HeftyDora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i get some help? Everytime I try to launch a game it says: "Failed to move slot file from /saltysd/smash to /3ds/ModMoon/00040000000EDF00/Slot_1!

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smash bros takes a crap amount of time to load. When it finally does, it has a TERRIBLE lag. Please help.
I second this; even selecting a completely blank mod folder (except desc.txt) causes bad lag on my 3ds. Because of this, I suspect this is a SaltySD issue (running the game with the 'disabled' profile doesn't induce lag).

(As a side note, Smash Selector has never lagged like this, though this could just be due to the fact its SaltySD updater didn't work)

TSP184

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there a hitbox visualization mode for ssb4 in ModMoon ?

If no, should I install SmashSelector ?

Karmic_Backlash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only SmashSelector has it, and I'd recommend it over ModMoon if all you need it for is Smash.

You really shouldn't do that, Smash Selector is depreciated and actually useful technical help isn't available. Its incredibly unstable, the interface it barebones and unclear, the actual code itself is basically unusable and unwieldy, and it has nothing that MM doesn't. As a matter of fact, the file for Hitboxes is even usable in Modmoon.

DeadShock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've messed around with ModMoon for a bit. Still kind of confused on whenever or not I place mods in the Slot_1, or the SaltySD file. I got results with the SaltySD file, but still got some errors, with my files disappearing when I went to see what I did wrong. Can I get some specifications?

Joe-Crebbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Failed to enable/disable mods! This may resolve itself through normal usage. Try the inverse of the action you just performed (as in, if you just enabled mods and that error message occurred, try disabling them; if you tried to disable mods, try enabling them) and this error message will probably disappear. You can then move on with your modding experience :)
I'm getting this error consistently and have tried everything! Any fixes?

TSP184

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You really shouldn't do that, Smash Selector is depreciated and actually useful technical help isn't available. Its incredibly unstable, the interface it barebones and unclear, the actual code itself is basically unusable and unwieldy, and it has nothing that MM doesn't. As a matter of fact, the file for Hitboxes is even usable in Modmoon.

Okay, thank you ! But where can I find the files for hitboxes ? (If you know, can you please send them to me, since I can't use my 3ds for the moment ?)

Last edited by TSP184,

Inf-Toonlink

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So with modmoon saltysd will be updated more eh thats great to know

But the bugs with the file snd_se_joucyu.nus3bank and the softlock in loading screen on smash run and the random softlock in classic mode will be fixed someday? I really want those bugs out

I tried the snd_se_joucyu with modmoon and now takes more time for the bugs to appears, bugs like music muted on entire game even on menu, and sometimes the characters doesnt have sound. Before modmoon the bug was characters muted and music unaffected after a half hour

M0D3RZBW0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to install mod for smash and it always says Error code 2. So yeah I shut it down accidentally, the guide says it should be fixed by normal usage. How exactly can I fix this? I tried deleting modmoon folder and reinstalling the cia but I still get the error. Any help?
You can fix it by deleting the salty sd folder on the root of your sd card then recreate salty sd. P.S. I had the same problem with same error code.

nebulousquid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know several people have said it already, but this GUI is gorgeous! The graphic designer in me is delighted. I'll have to try this out in the future.

Asura985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oi. Tried to install agony of Isaac mod through this. Now my system refuses to make sound. Some solutions include using the debugger in the Luna menu or just turning it on and off. It's always temporary and doesn't work all the time. Any solutions?

chromthelitten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any Mod Moon experts? I want to try some of the popular difficulty mods for Pokemon games but the file overwrite system if encourages gives me hives. I'd prefer something that is compatible with my cartridges or my cartridge dumps that I can remove if it is crashy.

Help would be super appreciated or ideas on where to get help :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :D