Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
modmiialt2.png

MAKE A TUTORIAL VIDEO AND GET A MODMII EASTER EGG
Merry Christmas Everyone!

I come bearing the opportunity to get ModMii's Easter Egg for free! All you need to do is create a ModMii usage video from the list of tutorial topics below. I will add the best ones for each topic to the first post in the ModMii thread but I will award Easter Eggs to the top 2 entries for each topic. There is no timelimit on this offer, it will only disappear once all the video's have been made (which could take awhile).

Here's the list of topics so far:
(feel free to make suggestions for tutorials not in this list)
  • How to Install ModMii - Completed by Terminator02
  • ModMii Wizard Usage (1 volunteer so far: Terminator02)
  • USB-Loader Setup Guide Usage (1 volunteer so far: Nujui)
  • HackMii Solutions Usage
  • Saving\Loading a Download Queue - Completed by person66
  • ModMii Command Line Usage (do not use ModMii v5.0.0 for this video, plz wait for the next update)
  • ModMii File Cleanup (do not use ModMii v5.0.0 for this video, plz wait for the next update)
  • ModMii's Sneek Installer (do not use ModMii v5.0.0 for this video, plz wait for the next update)
  • Emulated NAND Builder
  • Emulated NAND Modifer (do not use ModMii v5.0.0 for this video, plz wait for the next update)
  • Game Bulk Extractor (for SNEEK) - Completed by FIX94
  • How to make forwarder dols\ISOs - Completed by FIX94
  • How to change the version\slot # of a cIOS\IOS
  • User Defined Custom Downloads: How to download an IOS\MIOS\SM that isn't listed on ModMii standard downloads
  • sysCheck Updater (1 volunteer so far: Luigi2011SM64)
  • Explaining\Changing\Saving ModMii's Options
  • How to check for and build different d2x cIOS versions\beta's

For an example of what I'm looking for check out the outdated NUS Auto Downloader tutorial video from the first post of the ModMii page (see my signature or the stickies for a link)

If you begin working on a video, please try to let me know what topic\video you are working on so I can let you know if anyone else is working on the same thing. If you want I'll be able to direct you to a video no one else has started on yet.

I'm not sure what kind of interest this will generate, if anything, but I hope to see a few people make some awesome videos :D

edit:
Here are some requirements for the videos:
  • No audio (that means no mouse click sounds either).
  • If your desktop is displayed in the video, it should have a black background and no icons displayed (My Computer and Recycling Bin is okay)
  • If it is necessary for your taskbar to be in the video, it should not have unnecessary windows open or any custom items pinned to it or your system tray. You may want to consider using the taskbar's auto-hide feature.
  • No using notepad to record\type instructions, if instructions are required they should be inserted using video editing software (ie. Sony Vegas Studio, etc.)
  • Keep text to a minimum, only comment on the important things, no need to write things like "My PC is slow"
  • Keep your name out of the text, you'll be given credit for your video in ModMii's credits so no need to have it in the video (if you've already made a video with your name in it or you really want it in the video, then don't worry about it)
  • Use Calibri font for any instructional text added to the videos
  • All text, including ModMii's, must be legible
  • Make sure video is not unnaturally stretched
  • all videos should start with no windows open, start by clicking on the ModMii icon to start the app and also go through the scam warning, and try to leave a few seconds of no movement at the start of the video just in case for editing purposes.
  • Keep mouse movements to a minimum
  • Use ModMii's default drive settings "D" (ie. "COPY_TO_SD") or the SD card letter for your SD Card (same applies for USB HDD drive settings)
  • If copying files over to a FAT device, use a blank SD card or HDD
  • Don't repeat softmodding steps that are a part of ModMii's custom guides, instead tell people to follow their custom guides
  • All final videos should be sent to me or DeadlyFoez so we can upload it to youtube ourselves. The reason for this is just to make sure all the videos are in one place and we have control over them to make sure they don't get deleted. Of course you are still free to mirror the videos on youtube under your own account if you want to.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
that style is great! I'd love it if you could make a few vids for ModMii :D

One thing I'd suggest for the vid you just shared is also mention how users can drag and drop folders onto the modmii window to save themselves having to type out the path. Thanks a lot man!

edit: I also noticed the "File not Found" line in your video (at around 38s) and fixed it for the next release. That's just a cosmetic thing though so not a huge deal :D

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi XFlak, I'll re-record the other video ASAP, just created one how to make a forwarder dol and iso.
[yt]gMMCrc7hTRw[/yt]

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It looks great! I wonder if it should also show how to make a URL Forwarder and Channel Forwarder too, what do u think? I updated the first post reflecting that the forwarder dol\iso video is finished, but if you still want to add to it that's cool :D

edit: I added more to the video recommendations in the first post based on some of the vids ppl have been PMing me

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It looks great! I wonder if it should also show how to make a URL Forwarder and Channel Forwarder too, what do u think?
Nah, that's pretty much the same. It would just take some more time. BTW I just re-recorded the game bulk extractor video:
[yt]EGA2wV4PSIA[/yt]
Camtasia Studio 7 is just perfect for this ;)

Reactions: 1 person

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
@Terminator02. Sorry to step in, but strictly no audio. 4 reasons of why is because we don't want to encourage people to use their voices in the videos and end up with many narrative voices for all the videos. We also do not want time taken up with someone explaining things while the cursor stands still. Third, Xflak might be able to get some generic unlicensed music from his cousin to use as audio for the background. Forth, we need consistency. If one video were to have it then they all should to make it easier for the user to follow and not feel like they are being pulled through something that was unprofessionally put together from different sources.

I made all the videos for the guide myself. I could have used MANY of the other ones out there on youtube, but I took the time so they would all be consistent. I would like to see all other videos created have the same fashion to them. If you have any doubts of how they should look then just use modmii's wizard to generate a guide and view those videos then view the videos below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gFjCd2O9ds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFoA57I_ggY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujM7c5MCVq4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5ieEHT4jtw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: