ModMii Question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sphinx.djc, Jan 4, 2011.

1. sphinx.djc
    OP

sphinx.djc GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2009
    Canada
    GTA, Ontario
    I just finished using ModMii to hack my Wii 4.3U and it was a success from the looks of it. I followed all the directions as per the software, and I also setup the USB function for my external hard drive which I will use for my backups, and etc.

Before I do continue, I'd like to know if I have to have all the files I originally started out with on my SD card on the hard drive every time I start up my Wii. I tried it without, and I tried accessing the HBC, but there were no options on the main screen of the HBC. Is this because I have the boot.dol file now on my hard drive?

Is there anything else I should install? I am still new to all this and am a bit overwhelmed by all the IOS, Hermes, and other strange things I come across and am unsure which I should or shouldn't get at this point.

2. Krestent

Krestent What to post?

Mar 31, 2009
    United States
    On your SD card you should keep the apps folder; if your HDD is formatted as FAT32 you can also put it there.

3. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    Next time you want to make a topic that is in the form of a question rather than informative post it on ask gbatemp.

4. sphinx.djc
    OP

sphinx.djc GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2009
    Canada
    GTA, Ontario
    Ok, done it.

I have another question now. I loaded up the external hard drive with no problem, it showed it empty with nothing in it. I went back to HBC and the only option there was the external hard drive manager, I went to load it but it said I need something called Waninkoko. I don't quite remember seeing that being installed during the process, do I need to get this separately?

Something else I'd like to know, do I always have to have the external hard drive plugged in? If I wanted to play some Gamecube games or Wii games I have on disc, do I still have to have it connected?