Hacking ModMii Question

sphinx.djc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just finished using ModMii to hack my Wii 4.3U and it was a success from the looks of it. I followed all the directions as per the software, and I also setup the USB function for my external hard drive which I will use for my backups, and etc.

Before I do continue, I'd like to know if I have to have all the files I originally started out with on my SD card on the hard drive every time I start up my Wii. I tried it without, and I tried accessing the HBC, but there were no options on the main screen of the HBC. Is this because I have the boot.dol file now on my hard drive?

Is there anything else I should install? I am still new to all this and am a bit overwhelmed by all the IOS, Hermes, and other strange things I come across and am unsure which I should or shouldn't get at this point.

sphinx.djc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Krestent said:
On your SD card you should keep the apps folder; if your HDD is formatted as FAT32 you can also put it there.

Ok, done it.

I have another question now. I loaded up the external hard drive with no problem, it showed it empty with nothing in it. I went back to HBC and the only option there was the external hard drive manager, I went to load it but it said I need something called Waninkoko. I don't quite remember seeing that being installed during the process, do I need to get this separately?

Something else I'd like to know, do I always have to have the external hard drive plugged in? If I wanted to play some Gamecube games or Wii games I have on disc, do I still have to have it connected?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night