ModMii install seems to fail on Windows...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by metroidprime92, Dec 27, 2010.

1. metroidprime92
    OP

metroidprime92 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2010
    United States
    I'm trying to update my system from 3.4U to 4.2U so I can play more recent games, but I don't want to lose my homebrew/backup abilities, so I'm trying to do this through ModMii. When I first ran the ModMii installation on my computer with Windows XP SP2, it ran okay (downloaded some files and all) but then hung up, so I ended the process after a few minutes. There were plenty of files in the attempted install folder, but none of the .exe files did anything, and now when I try to run the ModMii installation again it just gives me a blank window. Any tips?

2. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    copy the contents of the copy_to_sd folder to your SD card, then follow the guide that ModMii build for u, it should have popped up in notepad

3. Shano56

Shano56 noobie

Apr 29, 2010
    United States
    use dop-mii

takes a matter of minutes.

4. metroidprime92
    OP

metroidprime92 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2010
    United States
    Unfortunately I deleted the folders that popped up, and now I just have the ModMii Installer .exe. When I run it, it brings up a blank window and generates four other .exe files in the same folder: 7za.exe, nircmd.exe, sfk.exe, and wget.exe. None of these seem to do anything either. I've tried restarting as well as re-downloading the file, but the same result happens every time. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

EDIT: just saw the post about dop-mii, I'll check it out. Thanks

5. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    dude, the modmii installer just installs modmii, then u need to run modmii, then let it grab the files for u and build u a guide, copy the files to ur sd and copy the guide