Votes: 63 6.2%
  • No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
In my ModMiiGuide it says the bootMii install is BannerBomb v1, does this mean it's not installing v.6 that's available?
Or am i confused? (easy for me)

sparhawk110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sledge1 said:
In my ModMiiGuide it says the bootMii install is BannerBomb v1, does this mean it's not installing v.6 that's available?
Or am i confused? (easy for me)

Yes, you are confused, the guide is correct. BannerBomb versions depend on a few things, the first being what sys menu you told ModMii you are starting with. The other versions are for other systems menus....and in some cases, other versions of Wii's. So if what ModMii gives you works (so go ahead and try it first) you are good. If it doesnt, then as they say...."read the fine print", your guide tells you what to do. ONLY get a different version of Bannerbomb if what ModMii gives you doesnt work. Gets more complicated from there, but the bannerbomb website explains it...again, only if it doesnt work.

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so if i already have the original BootMii installed to Boot2 then i can just skip that part?
Nothing has been updated that i need to worry about?

Fr0gg0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
DVDx is no longer needed, it was last seen in the hackmii installer v0.6 (which installed the HBC v1.0.6).

The IOS236 Installer requires u to be running HBC v1.0.7 or higher, as stated in the guide. I suspect this may be the cause of your error. It's possible v1.0.8 will yield better results than v1.0.7, but either should work, v1.0.8 should work for sure. I've personally tested it on HBCv1.0.8 when running IOS61 and IOS58, and both work (I believe Dr. Clipper has tested more).

If you install the HBC to an IOS that is NOT IOS58, it will not have USB2 support (so w/out IOS58 = much slower USB speeds for the HBC, but NOT necessarily other apps even if launched via the HBC). It also may have less compatibility with certain apps that take advantage of AHBPROT rights (like IOS236 Installer), that depends on the IOS Loaded when it was launched (ie. the IOS the HBC is installed to use). As instructed by the ModMii guides, after installing a nonfakesigned IOS58, you can repeat the HBC installation step to reinstall the HBC to use IOS58 (done automatically by installer if a nonfakesigned IOS58 is found)

Nah, i get the error with 1.0.8 using ios58, i havent tried with 1.0.7/1.0.8 using ios61, but i bet it works using it. I had 1.0.6 before using your guide, that might be when i saw DVDX then.

I dont know whats wrong, it worked 2 days ago with homebrew channel using 58. and it doesnt help reinstalling it either. :B

I guess i will have to use 1.0.8 with ios61, atleast it works then. I have no problem with the loading time using usb 1.1, so i guess this will work.

sparhawk110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sledge1 said:
Ok, so if i already have the original BootMii installed to Boot2 then i can just skip that part?
Nothing has been updated that i need to worry about?

The part about BootMii, yes, but in that same bannerbomb step you need to install the new Homebrew Channel. That you cant skip if you want the rest of it to go right. So you have to use bannerbomb one way or the other anyway. Just skip the part about installing Bootmii. This is fine to do, I just did the same last night on one of mine.

sparhawk110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
using snes as an example

go to the google code page, and browse the source's changes
http://code.google.com/p/snes9x-gx/source/list

find out where IOS202 was removed (ie. r622), then look further down for the last release before that, ie. 4.2.3 (or r614). Then just download v4.2.3 from the download list HERE. Then u can repeat this process for any other apps u are worried about

IIRC, u want to use the second most recent version of snes9xgx, vbagx and fceugx. You want to use v1.0.6 of WiiMC and I can't remember wiixplorer.

Well someone must have been reading our thread, all old versions for all the programs have now been removed. Glad I grabbed them last night. His programs, his prerogative, but......sigh. Should make the new work before removing the old.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@sparhawk, thankfully you are mistaken, the old files are still there, once u go to the download tab on the google code page, change the pull-down menu from "Current Downloads" to "All Downloads", then click search

@sledge, I typically update my bootmii @ boot2 to the latest version, but afaik that is just optional

Bozza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Xflak
1st of alljust wanted to say I am TOTALLY new at all this modding stuff soplease bare with me.I bought a Wii yesterdat after readin all 65 pages of this post, I still dont know what IOS,WADS etc are but after reading it looked like even I would be able to hack my Wii. Well after a very small problem its done. I have 1 small issue. I have placed 2 games on a harddrive and have selected USB loader on the menu,my harddrive is connected but on the USN channel it says 'Please connect a USB drive'. Is this a reminder or a fact suggesting that the Wii can not see my hdd? The hdd is half NTFS and Half Fat32, the games are on the NTFS part as they are over 4gig and they are iso format. When I press start I get thesplash screen then some boxes with wii inside themflash upfor a couple of seconds and then I get returned to the channels screen. Once I have this sorted I will be opening upa paypal account to donate to you for your hard work on this.

Many many thanks

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I would also like to know why it asks to 'Please connect a USB drive' (except my HDD is only FAT32 & not 'half & half') - I had 're-modded' my Wii with the latest version of ModWii 'cos for some reason I couldn't 'go back' to 'Configurable USB' after trying out 'WiiFlow' for some reason

Incidentally it works fine - I also get the 'Wii' flash up but then it shows the 'Configurable USB' splash screen before running everything else fine

@ Bozza - it sounds to me that you may not have 'Configurable USB' installed correctly.
Did you run ModMii AGAIN but selected 'U - USB Setup + guide' option instead of the 'ModMii Wizard' ??

There should be a 'usb-loader' folder on the root of the SD card

(I also don't really know what IOS,cIO,WAD's, Forwarders etc are either
laugh.gif
)

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The usb-loader forwarder channel requires you have a hard drive or sd card properly set up to launch the usb-loader. You've installed it as part of "extra brick protection" because it is a way to resoftmod wii's that have been updated to 4.3 without requiring a disc

to have the channel actually function properly, u need to do what connon fodder suggested, which is run ModMii again, and this time choose the usb-loader set up feature. Once u've set this up, the forwarder channel will work fine for you.

And the channel always says please connect a drive, whether one is connected or not. It's just a reminder, not a warning that one is or is not connected.

Bozza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr

You are a bloody genius, I was so excited that I managed to mod my Wii I had totally forgotten about the USB setup and Guide on Modmii
I think I now have another issue.
It says that it will download 5 files, but only 3 are listed when finished and one of those is missing which is I:\\usb-loader (CFG USB loader folder) Missing.

I know I follwed the guide to set modmii up correctly, have I done something wrong?

Thank you

Xflak

You beat me to a reply.Thank you both,I just have the small problem above.

many thanks

Bozza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr and Xflac

Thanks for all your help so far, I guess Im just not cut out for this sort of thing. Configured the hdd, connected it upand I get a stage further, waited 30 seconds and then it told me to change it to usb port zero. Done that and it does not recognise any of the iso i used, I turned them into cso, should I use the other format wb..... These have been installed on the fat32 part of the harddrive,I would have formatted the drive to the Nintendo standard but I was not sure if I could reverese this change, also if I did, could I still use the backup manager to see whats on the drive, copy things to it etc?

Thanks guys

Just to let you know guys it does not recognise the wb...games on fat32 either and still says no games found.Imsooo close i can taste it, any ideas let me know when you have a mo.

Thanks again

Xflac

This is my last update

I have got it all working, I thought that possibly the hdd that I bought was not compatible,so I ripped one of my originals and it copied so I knew the Wii could see the hdd, and it worked,I put the hdd on my PC and looked where the file had been copied to, it was as you are probably aware the WBFS folder,so I put the other 2 games that were already on the route of the hdd and moved them there, hey presto all working, for idiots like me, you may wish to think about putting that in your instructions.
The software you have made is amazing, I thank you.Give me a few weeks as Im off on holiday Tuesday and when I return I willset up a pay pal account .

Many thanks to you and the guys that have given me advice along the way, you guys are amazing

Peace

sparhawk110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
@sparhawk, thankfully you are mistaken, the old files are still there, once u go to the download tab on the google code page, change the pull-down menu from "Current Downloads" to "All Downloads", then click search

Of course you are right, that's what i get for trying to figure this stuff out at 3am. Thanks again.

smashdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This worked for me HOWEVR I still cannot get IOS 249 installed. I manged to install CIOS 236 by using this link BUT when viewing syscheck, it says none have been installed at all even though I even have 58 installed. Which base should I use for CIOS installer when choosing 36 at the start?

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey XFlak, there's a small typo on the generated guide:
QUOTE said:
You're unique list of wads to install are as follows:
It should read:
QUOTEYour unique list of wads to install are as follows:

Also I have a suggestion:
Use a generic channel forwarder in the extra brick protection that has access rights set for AHBPROT + DVD. That way you could launch, for example, Wiixplorer to reinstall/launch programs.
I know that we can use any dol with the current forwarder, but I think this would make things clearer.

smashdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I download from WAD then for the CIOS installer? I STILL cannot get CIOS 249 to load. Can someone please help me? It lists ERROR on teh last step of the CIOS installer for 249. Custom IOS error rel 2011 and by running this modmii I installed teh CIOOS 236 patcher. Syscehck says I haven't installed anything though even when I ran this 5 times and the messaage said I ran it perfectly. What do i do????

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
<!--quoteo(post=3080598:date=Aug 30 2010, 03:07 AM:name=ssjkakaroto)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ssjkakaroto @ Aug 30 2010, 03:07 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3080598"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also I have a suggestion:
Use a generic channel forwarder in the extra brick protection that has access rights set for AHBPROT + DVD. That way you could launch, for example, Wiixplorer to reinstall/launch programs.
I know that we can use any dol with the current forwarder, but I think this would make things clearer.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->u can still use a non-AHBPROT forwarder channel to launch wiixplorer, then use that to launch w/e other app u need. I believe ahbprot rights on wiixplorer is only used in its title launcher and when it accessing the dvd drive. So it shouldn't make a difference for typical functions... besides, I recently had a ahbprot app/forwarder channel overwrite all the data on my USB HDD... so I would rather hold off on that for now even if it was necessary

edit: thx for the typo, hopefully I remember I implement that change in the next release

edit:
@smashdude... lets see your syscheck report. And this is how I want you to report your errors from now on

I want you to copy and paste the ENTIRE ModMii guide you are using, then put it in a spoiler by using these tags (spoiler) (/spoiler) except using the proper square brackets. Then I want you to type where u had the problem and what it was in bold. Here's an example

ModMii 4.2.3 Custom Guide
Generated on Fri 08/27/2010 - 2:33:20.56
Check for updates at tinyurl.com/ModMiiNow

This Guide was generated using the following parameters:

* Wii is currently a virgin (un-modified)
* Current firmware is 3.XU
* Desired firmware is 4.1U

* Download Photo Channel
* Download Internet Channel
* Download Weather Channel
* Download News Channel
* Download Mii Channel
* Download Shopping Channel (and IOS61)
* Download Wii Speak Channel

* Download Extra Brick Protection
* Update active IOSs

This software is not for sale. If you paid for this software or a "bundle" you have been scammed.

THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, NEITHER STATED NOR IMPLIED.
NO ONE BUT YOURSELF IS TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THIS MAY CAUSE TO YOUR NINTENDO WII CONSOLE!
USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

IMPORTANT NOTES:

*This guide does NOT require a Wifi connection on your Wii.
*An SD card formatted to FAT(32) required (Best results are with non-SDHC cards, SDHC will only work on 4.0 or above).
*If you get errors during any of the steps reformat your SD card as FAT or FAT32
*Turn off WiiConnect24 and take out all gamecube memory cards/controllers when modding the Wii (unless instructed otherwise).
*If your Wii ever freezes, hold the power button on the Wii for 5 seconds to power it off then try again.
*Don’t ever accept a new Nintendo update without first googling to see if it’s safe. The last update (to 4.3) was released in late June 2010 and is NOT safe to accept. If you accept an official Nintendo update after modding the Wii, you may lose some or all of your modifications.
*Never uninstall a system menu or IOS
*Do not install untested wads/themes without Bootmii or Priiloader installed.
*This custom guide is great start, but Wii modding is always evolving. Check for updates online, and remember, google is your friend.
*If you have questions, a more detailed guide can be found here: <a href="http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk" target="_blank">http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk</a>

1) INSTALLING THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL (HBC) AND BOOTMII

Run BannerBomb v1 by going to Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD Card and choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf
Note: If it doesn't work for you, visit <a href="http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/" target="_blank">http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/</a> for more variations of either version of bannerbomb.

This runs the Hackmii Installer (and silently/automatically installs BootMii as IOS). Use the installer to install the Homebrew Channel (HBC) and Bootmii as Boot2 if possible. If you cannot install BootMii as Boot2, you also need to 'prepare an SD Card' for BootMii (as the 'BootMii' folder is required to launch BootMii as IOS or Boot2).

Note: If you get a 'no vulnerable IOS' error message, run ModMii again and this time select the 'Hackmii Solutions' option instead of 'Download Wizard' and follow the new instructions before continuing this guide.

After you exit the hackmii installer, you will be taken to the HBC.
Hit the home button. In the top right corner you will see the IOS used by the HBC.

If the HBC is using an IOS other than IOS58 or your homebrew channel is upside-down, make a note of it as it applies later in the guide (you will have to reinstall the HBC).

If it is using IOS58 and your HBC is not upside-down, you can skip the Reinstall The Homebrew Channel step when you get to it.

2) MAKING A NAND BACKUP

While inside the Homebrew Channel, load BootMii by pressing home and clicking Launch Bootmii.
Press the power button on the wii 3 times to get to the last option, then press the reset button. [You can also navigate with a Gamecube controller]

Press reset to choose the first option, then follow the directions on the screen to make your NAND backup. [Bad blocks are no problem.]

Backup the Bootmii folder, NAND.bin, and keys.bin elsewhere and erase from the sd card (or rename it). You'll need these in case of emergencies, so don't lose them.
Go back to The Homebrew Channel.

Note: if Bootmii was installed as boot2, then it will show up as soon as the Wii is turned on AS LONG AS it finds the bootmii folder (mentioned above) on the root of the SD card.

3) Installing a Patched IOS236

Start the Homebrew Channel and use it to load the IOS236 Installer.
Note: This app must be launched using HBC v1.0.7 or higher in order to work properly.

Read the startup messages as you are forced to wait,
Push 1 when prompted.

Choose "Load IOS from SD card",
Confirm your choice with the A button,
When prompted, push A to continue the installation.

When asked whether to perform Step 2, Press B to skip it.
Then push any button to exit.

<!--sizeo:7--><span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>Example Error Report: I had a problem here, when I pressed load IOS from SD card, i got the following error message: blah blah blah</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

4) INSTALL WADS

Load Multi-Manager Mod (MMM) via the HomeBrew Channel.
If IOS236 is not already loaded, select 'Load another IOS', then select IOS236

Note: If this step fails with error -ret 2011 or other, you may need to retry patching IOS236. If the Wii was previously softmodded, you can try using cIOS250 (or others like 202,222,223,224,236,249)

In Multi-Manager Mod's main menu, Go down to select "WAD Manager".

Install the following WADs in the WAD folder (this list of WADs is unique to how you answered the Wizard's questions).

Be careful not to install any additional wads that may have been previously saved in this folder (they may be safe, but I cannot say for sure).

Hold + for 2 seconds to select all wads in the folder. Then Press A twice to install them all.
After the installation finishes read the install report to make sure all the files installed properly.

You're unique list of wads to install are as follows:

* IOS11v257(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS20v257(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS30v2817(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS50v5121(IOS50v4889[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS60v6401(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS70v6913(IOS70v6687[FS-ES-NP])
* System Menu 4.1U
* cIOS202[57]-v5
* cIOS223[37-38]-v4
* cIOS222[38]-v5
* cIOS224[57]-v5
* cIOS249[57]-v19
* cIOS250[37]-v19
* RVL-cmios-v4_WiiGator_GCBL_v0.2
* Mii Channel (Region Free)
* Photo 1.1 (USA/PAL/JAP)
* Shopping (USA/PAL/JAP)
* Internet (USA)
* Weather (USA)
* News (USA)
* Wii Speak (USA)
* IOS9v1034
* IOS12v525
* IOS13v1031
* IOS14v1031
* IOS15v1031
* IOS17v1031
* IOS21v1038
* IOS22v1293
* IOS28v1806
* IOS31v3607
* IOS33v3607
* IOS34v3607
* IOS35v3607
* IOS37v5662
* IOS38v4123
* IOS53v5662
* IOS55v5662
* IOS56v5661
* IOS57v5918
* IOS58v6175
* IOS61v5661
* usbloader(s)-(emulators)-IDCL
This is a forwarder channel that will load the first file it finds from the following list:
FAT:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
FAT:/apps_emulators/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
FAT:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol
FAT:/apps_emulators/usbloader/boot.dol
FAT:/apps/usb-loader/boot.dol
FAT:/apps_emulators/usb-loader/boot.dol
FAT:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
FAT:/apps_emulators/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
Note: First the SD Card is checked, then your USB Hard Drive (formatted as FAT32).
You should always have at least one forwarder channel installed on your Wii,
that way, in the event of accidental update, you will be able to rehack your Wii
without relying on the Smashstack or Indiana Pwns exploits.

If any failed, make a note of which ones and retry installing them one at time.

Note: Whenever you install a new System Menu, Priiloader is uninstalled. So be sure to reinstall it afterwards (especially if you do not have bootmii as boot2)

5) REINSTALL THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL (if applicable)

Earlier you should have checked what IOS is used by the HBC. If the IOS used by your Homebrew Channel is IOS58 and your HBC is not upside-down, you can skip this step.

If the HBC is using an IOS other than IOS58 or your homebrew channel is upside-down, you should reinstall the HBC.

In MMM's main menu, select 'App Manager' and then select the HackMii_Installer.
Use the Hackmii Installer to fix/re-install the HBC. Once you've successfully reinstalled the HBC, you can move onto the next step of the guide.

If you already exited MMM, you can load the HackMii_Installer from the Homebrew Channel.

If the HBC is failing to load any apps (just blackscreens), instead launch the Hackmii Installer using the method described in the First Step

6) INSTALL PRIILOADER

Run the Priiloader installer from the HBC. On the main menu screen, hold B and press + to install Priiloader using IOS249.
Priiloader may ask for confirmation, say Yes (the installation should go smoothly despite the warning).

Priiloader may give the following two 'yellow' errors. These are expected and are not an issue.
loader.ini couldn't delete error -106
password.txt couldn't delete error -106

Note: If you get repeated errors, first launch MMM via the HBC, then select 'Load another IOS' and Select IOS236 (or any IOS you know is patched). Then use MMM's app launcher to start the Priiloader installer and just press + to install using the loaded IOS.

After successfully installing Priiloader, access it by powering off the wii,
then powering it back and holding reset while it's booting until you see the Priiloader menu.

You should install some system menu hacks now (by going to System Menu hacks option).

RECOMMENDED HACKS: Block Disc Updates, Block Online Updates, Replace Health Screen, Auto-Press A at Health Screen, Disable Deletion of some important channels, Region-Free Everything, remove no copy save file protection, and Move Disc Channel.

The priiloader menu is white by default, you can change it to black in the Priiloader settings if you prefer.

One of the special functions of Priiloader is that it can autoboot any app/file instead of the system menu. Some apps (like crazyIntro) can't be used without it.
For details on how to do so, visit <a href="http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/system-hacks/priiloader" target="_blank">http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/system-hacks/priiloader</a>

7) AFTER MODDING

After you are done modding your Wii, in order to avoid having your Wii freeze when accessing the SD Card Menu, you should either delete the 'aktn' folder where bannerbomb is saved (SD:\private\wii\title\aktn), or rename the entire 'private' folder.

Now at this point your practically done.
Now you should be downloading the latest homebrew applications and setting them up on
your SD Card (or FAT32 USB Hard Drive) so they can be launched via the HBC.

For playing your backups off a USB hard drive, run the USB-Loader Setup feature from ModMii's Main Menu

For downloading applications, you should:
* Check out ModMii's batch download pages as it has many popular apps available for download.
* Download Homebrew Browser via ModMii to get many popular apps, but this is an online only Wii application (http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/how-to-use/hbb)
* For those without internet on their Wii, check out this list of Homebrew applications (wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_all_homebrew).
Another great resource is webrewwii.blogspot.com

After getting whatever apps you want, you should get a boot.dol file and possibly a icon.png and meta.xml.
For HBC to read your SD/USB correctly, your card must be structured SD:/apps/application name/boot.dol
If you have a *.dol not named boot.dol, rename it boot.dol, otherwise it will not be recognized by the HBC.
(optional: the icon.png and meta.xml should be saved in the same place as the boot.dol)

8) SUPPORT XFLAK

IF ModMii WORKED FOR YOU, PLEASE VOTE IN FAVOUR OF THE PROGRAM HERE (tinyurl.com/ModMiiNow)

DONATIONS CAN OPTIONALLY BE MADE VIA PAYPAL TO [email protected]

CHECK OUT MY TOP CHANNELS HERE (tinyurl.com/topchannels)

CHECK OUT MY CRAZY INTRO VIDEOS HERE (tinyurl.com/crazyintro)

Ernie Pantuso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XFlak: Sorry for not responding sooner. Didn't realize that the forum default for gbatemp is not to autosubscribe to threads that I post to (so I didn't get notified of your response.)

> @Ernie Pantuso, I'm not posting this in other thread cuz I don't want to be a part of that thread anymore if I can avoid it.
That's cool. I respect the fact that you said you weren't going to participate further in that thread and then you actually stopped participating. (Very rare!)

> re your problem, I think the NUSAD is closing because of a bogus settings.bat file. That is the ONLY thing that is not internalized that NUSAD is calling at the time u are experiencing your crash.
I decided to use the guide at completesoftmodguide.tk and one of the steps was to use ModMii. When it linked me back to this thread, I noticed that the version had changed from 4.2.2 to 4.2.3 so I downloaded the new version and ran it. It worked fine. Maybe that's because it (4.2.3) created a fresh settings.bat - or maybe the change(s) in 4.2.3 fixed my problem. I don't know - but it did work.

> And I would also just like to say, that the original post in the NUSAD thread is NOT a guide nor is it intending to be one, the guides are generated by the program when running the download wizard, so there is no need to have a guide in the main thread. However, I do have sample guides in spoilers in the main thread, I think u may have missed them, and those guides are very simple to follow.
I definitely missed them. I've never seen "spoilers" used except where movies are discussed. It didn't even occur me to look at those.

> Not to mention that I have a custom made video tutorial in the thread to help people run the download wizard. And more video tutorials will be coming in the future for the other features.
You are having an exceptionally weird problem, but if you managed to get to the main menu of my program, I'm sure u would be able to figure it out with your eyes closed.

I can't really comment on that (or the video); I just followed the instrux on completesoftmodguide.tk. (It provided the level of hand-holding I was looking for.)

And btw, u need more than 128 MBs of free space, u need 512 alone to just make a nand backup, and this is mentioned in the NUSAD generated guides.
Not if you're not doing the nand backup right away. I completed the basic softmod with my 128MB card. (Still can't find any of my larger SD cards, so I still haven't done the nand backup. Is there some way of backing up via USB/flash drive?

Lastly, I have no problem helping you... but please don't ask for help while simultaneously bad mouthing my program. Take it easy, and I hope to hear more on your problem soon.
I apologize for that and I thank you for the hard work and long hours that have obviously gone in to ModMii. That said, your broad, sweeping statement about "morons" applied to me, and since I happen to be extremely intelligent and highly technical, I got rather pissed off about it. I stand by the things I said (though I apologize for the manner in which I said them.) I don't think ModMii is as simple as you think it is. The main menu didn't make the starting point clear to me. I didn't use the generated guide because completesoftmodguide.tk stepped me very simply through the essentials that I needed. Now that I'm soft-modded, though, I can't really seem to do any of the things I had planned to do with it! (save games to hard drive, load games from hard drive, set up a game on the hard drive as its own channel, etc.) So I guess I'll go back and read the entire guide, though I suspect that the things I'm now trying to figure out are probably beyond the scope of ModMii.

edit: btw, u sound a lot like slowking
Considering that slowking is (apparently) German and English is his/her 2nd language, that's a little disappointing. I'm American and more than a little proud of my grasp of the language and wordsmithing capabilities!

coincidence? Its also very coincidental that u signed up on gbatemp yesterday to point out a "flaw" in my program... immediately after slowking and I began our argument... needless to say, I now think your problem is fiction
Yes, all completely coincidental - I am not slowking and my problem was entirely real. I do still agree with some of slowking's points, but there's nothing to be gained by rehashing them in your thread. Besides, he hasn't responded to my post in his thread, so my hat is off to you for the level of support you're providing in yours! (But again, please refrain from broadly calling people morons just because their perspective differs from your own. It's inappropriate, ill-mannered, ill-considered and, in the end, really does reflect badly on you.)

Again, thank you for a useful tool, your time and effort, and your support.

P.S. Sorry for the funky formatting. I've never before seen a forum that limits the number of quote blocks you can have! Bizarre...

Bozza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xflak

Ok, now that I have got some sleep, I have a possible problem to report ( although it may just be me as I dont remember seeing anyone else report this) and a question. 1st thepossible issue. When I ran Modmii for the 1st time where you answer the questions about if the console is a virgin, what firware its on etc it asks where you would like the files of teh SD card downloaded to, I had my SDcard plugged in via a USB card reader. As it downloaded 47 files I think it was, after almost every download it wouldcome up with an error saying something like it has tried multiple times to download and couldnt and then it would say ok,I tried this several times and it was the same. In the end for some reason I just left the settings to default and left it to download to my desktop which it did faultlessly, (I dragged and dropped the drive letter into Modmii when trying to install to SDcard. I did the same when using the USB config part, the only difference was that it was to my USB external hdd, same thing failed on some of the downloads, download to desktop and totally fine. I thought I wouldlet you know on this although as I do not remember anyoneelse mentioning this it is probably me. My question is my hdd is half Fat32 and half NTFS, if I have a game that is over 4GB ( I dont at the moment) how will the Wii find that game if I place it on the NTFS side? Would I need to create a WBFS folder on the NTFS side or something else?
Many thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: