ModMii for Windows Official Support Topic

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by XFlak, Feb 3, 2010.

?
  1. Yes!

719 vote(s)
    82.9%
  2. No, and I won't report what went wrong because I am a troll

49 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. No, and I posted what went wrong

99 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. elijah067

elijah067 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2019
    Philippines
    Thank you! I will do region change right now. Thank you for the wonderful software.

2. elijah067

elijah067 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2019
    Philippines
    I need some help. I used MODMii to change region. My wii is already softmodded from the guide at wii.guide. I followed the instructions correctly until i got stuck at launching the priloader says it lacks i lack IOS236. So i go back to wii.guide to get the priiloader app and run it on my wii and it worked fine. Now i am trying to launch the ARC from the MODMii and my wii just freezes. Whats going on? I tried to accessed the system menu and it seems bricked.

I feel like i need to re mod my wii. Can i do that at my current state of my wii using the modmii guide?

Or should i download and install the wad files for a Japanese system then remod my wii?

Last edited by elijah067, Jun 19, 2019
  3. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    Is there a way to region change a Wii U or vWii?

4. XFlak
    OP

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    I think the version of ARC modmii uses may need 236. So just install that then try running ARC again.

... this probably wouldn't be an issue if ModMii was used originally to mod the wii. The good news is that this should be fairly simple to recover from using the steps above. If for some reason it doesn't work, reinstall a Jap system menu and system menu IOS (and reinstall priiloader) and you'll be able to access the system menu as it was before attempting the region change.
    Wrong section, this is for Wii hacking only. I'd give you an answer if I knew what it was but I never researched the WiiU or vWii to the same extent that I did the original Wii.

5. elijah067

elijah067 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2019
    Philippines
    Where can i get the 236 wad file? Sorry i'm new at the wii modding.

6. XFlak
    OP

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    Typically it's installed using the IOS 236 installer app, and it needs IOS36 saved to the SD root.

If u run ModMii's main wizard it will get all the files for u and u can skip directly to this step. Otherwise u can get it manually from modmii classic's download page 1 and 2 (page 2 for IOS36 which needs to be saved to root). I can't recall but I may have even put a wad of ios236 on download page 2.

elijah067 likes this.
  7. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBA Fan

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello.:)

@XFlak
    I want to "report" please:

The "All Region Cheat Codes" on Download Page 2/USBLoader Files option "CC" is sadly not working.

cccodes1.

(It says "Filename already exists,or File not found")

cccodes2.

If they dowloaded from "geckocodes.org" then maybe of the DDos protection from their site ?

Thank you.:)

Last edited by alexander1970, Jul 28, 2019
  8. XFlak
    OP

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    Yeah this feature might be broke... but it's a minor feature. I may not get around to investigating this

Edit: @alexander1970 your output seems to not be in English, this may be the cause of your issues - that is assuming of course that this feature is working for others, which I'm unfortunately unable to test atm to confirm one way or the other.

Last edited by XFlak, Jul 28, 2019
    alexander1970 likes this.
  9. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBA Fan

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria

Please do not be so compassionate on me.....:D

It would have been easier to get the Cheats on the Wii.
    The USBLoaderGX also no onger supports Cheat Code download of geckocodes.org DDoS protection.

Thank you for your reply.:)

10. Darker27

Darker27 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2018
    Mexico
    @XFlak
    I need some of your help: /,
    when I try to follow one of the Comments on how to create a .dol of an Internet url with modmii, it is created, but when it comes to passing it to Wad with CustoMizeMII and installing it, it is only redirected to the browser menu and not to the specific url .

Thank you for your answer,

(If any word you don't understand, it's Google's fault :))

11. XFlak
    OP

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    What URL did you enter?

Darker27 likes this.
  12. Darker27

Darker27 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2018
    Mexico
    It is the url of a page of my own, I cannot tell you because it is a private project. I'm new to gbatemp and I don't know if there is a Dm or something similar here :/

13. XFlak
    OP

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    Okay. Can u load the URL through the browser manually? Try different combinations, with http and without, with www and without, etc

Other than that I don't have any other troubleshooting ideas for u

Darker27 likes this.
  14. FancyNintendoGamer567

FancyNintendoGamer567 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    @Darker27 There is, Conversations thing.

15. Darker27

Darker27 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2018
    Mexico
    @XFlak
    Funciona sin los que mencionaste . Te agradezco amigo c:

16. Trash_Bandatcoot

Trash_Bandatcoot A Nintendo DSi-madman (and yet he doesn’t code)

Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    The latest release of ModMii has trouble creating a proper SNEEK Korean stock NAND. When it's time for ShowMiiWads to come up, it says the folder "temp/WAD" doesn't exist, and when it's done creating the NAND and I go ahead and load up the NAND in nSwitch, it stops loading after a while leaving me stuck on the message "Reloading BootMii IOS!"

For the record, I also created EU, US and JP NANDs and they all worked fine, so I guess a folder typo error is made here.

(tbh not really a problem or something big, but it also can't fetch a Japanese Internet Channel wad anymore on NUS)