• Total voters

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if it's falling back to use IOS58, it's because you don't have any IOS or cIOS installed in the usual slot (slot number 249 or 250, or 222-224).
game black screen for the same reason, they don't have the needed IOS to launch.

BiPoLaR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it's falling back to use IOS58, it's because you don't have any IOS or cIOS installed in the usual slot (slot number 249 or 250, or 222-224).
game black screen for the same reason, they don't have the needed IOS to launch.
Thanks @Cyan. Had a brain fart and forgot to reinstall the cIOS's. All sorted now. :grog:

Reactions: Cyan

cess-slide

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hi all -

I am new here but have read a ton of invaluable information on this site over the years that has helped me troubleshoot problems and hack wiis for my brother, my son, my mate's children and myself... so thanks to all the intelligent people who have provided advice to someone else, which has in turn helped me.

I have a quick question however which I cannot find an answer to and have therefore created an account here - I have installed modmii on my main pc and would like to uninstall it. Is this possible? I can find no easy way to do this...

Please don't tell me to not uninstall it, as I will keep it installed on my secondary pc, but I like to keep things as clean as possible and would like to know how to remove the program.

Apologies if it is an easy thing to do and I have missed something - I am not too computer savvy and any help would be most appreciated

- cheers

Last edited by cess-slide,
Reactions: XFlak

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
modmii is not "officially" installed in windows program manager, it's just unpacked into a folder, and adds downloads and files into it. If you don't want it anymore, just delete the folder.

on the same way, that folder is "portable", keep a full backup of it or just copy to another computer, it's working right away. no real installation needed.

cess-slide

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
fantastic - thanks so much for your quick reply and clarification - that has solved my problem... or actually my non existent problem!

for the record, I found modmii very useful recently when I ran into trouble trying to remember how I went about hacking a handful of wiis a few years back - and modmii fixed a bunch of stuff and got everything running smoothly again... it was easy for someone like myself with minimal computer skills to follow and helped me immensely.

cheers again for your reply

- folder is now deleted... i guess that's the definition of a quick fix

- I must say thanks again to all contributors to this site who's problems and solutions have helped me with wii-hacking... and for what it's worth my 3 1/2 year old son defeated his first video game boss last week (a tree in level 1 of kirby dreamland) and the sheer look of excitement/general hype in the moment was priceless. We then had a high five and a hug and his heart was beating a million miles an hour it was awesome (feelgood video game story).

I grew up in the snes era and am now playing them with my boy, so thanks gbatemp for making it possible

I will most likely not post again - peace

Last edited by cess-slide,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'm looking for some opinions regarding some potential ModMii updates, in particular I want to hear from @Cyan but all feedback is welcome.

Should I update ModMii to install base 57 to slot 249 and base 56 to slot 250? I can also adjust ModMii's syscheck analyzer such that it will accept either configuration so long as you have both installed to either slot.

Should I change d2x v8 to some newer version? Any benefit?

Also I'm thinking about adding USB loader gx as an option, and since it's the most feature rich I may even make it the recommended loader (after I play with it some more and get more comfortable).

I guess I can add nintendont as a download as well.

How big a deal is it that MMM doesn't support WM+ controllers? Do I bother changing it to something else? This will be the most work because it will impact guides, gifs, videos (@DeadlyFoez would ideally help me with the videos too)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
• I know 2 games not working with base57 but they also don't work with base56 either:
Animal Crossing new leaf : cIOS base38 to use the keyboard. works with 56/57 but without keyboard.
spongebob boating bash : cIOS base53 (tested on Wii) or 58 (tested on vWii). Doesn't work with 56/57?

personally, I'd prefer base57 in default slot249 because some games requires it (call of duty, sing it, just dance). it would help users who don't understand anything about IOS, slots and bases.
I don't know if anyone is against it.

• Like you said syscheck analyzer should be fine with both config, as long as they are in 249/250 because some users just changed the default USBLoader setting to use slot 250 (where current modmii and most guide install base57).
replacing their setting without warning them to re-edit the loader's setting back to 249 would just create the issue we want to avoid by installing 57 in 249 from the start.

• v10r52 has one little fix compared to d2x v8. it's related to HDD detection, but I rarely saw anyone had its hdd fixed with this version compared to v8 (maybe only once?).
technically, both are fine.
I still recommend users to use v8 final, because this way they don't have to bother with different v10 versions, and it's called "final" instead of beta, they ask less questions :P
I'm fine with both.

Maybe it would be more consistent to suggest both v10 for Wii and vWii, but don't force update if syscheck report v8, only suggest v10 on new/complete resoftmod.

• v10 r52 has a mod which allow EmuNAND support on Ustealth drives.
it's usually useful on vWii, but maybe some users are using the hidden drives on Wii too ? in that case they would benefit from this patch.
the problem is I don't know if that patch is vWii only, or the fat.bin can be used on both Wii/vWii.
If you want it, it's in Ustealth thread's first post.

• MMM not being compatible with Motion+ is a problem.
I Often recommended people to use this one instead : http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.php/7241-YAWMM-DE-English-Translation/
it's a modded version of YAWMM, with more fixes and features, but it also still has bugs. it's also a re-translated version of the DE version.

Last year, Fix94 decided to release a new YAWMM version, which is not continuation of the one above, it uses AHB access and has its own bug fixes.
it's now the one I'm recommending people to use, but I never used it myself. I just trust Fix94 to know it's a good one users can rely on.
https://github.com/FIX94/Some-YAWMM-Mod/releases

• thank you for thinking about adding USBGX to modmii, and testing it right now :)
remember there's a dol specifically for priiloader, for users who want to autoboot into the loader. you need the forwarder installed to work fine.
priiloader > channel booter .dol > channel forwarder > sd boot.dol

I still have to fix the hdd init issue, and release 1269 officially on sourceforge to finally fix few bugs.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: XFlak

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for some opinions regarding some potential ModMii updates, in particular I want to hear from @Cyan but all feedback is welcome.

Should I update ModMii to install base 57 to slot 249 and base 56 to slot 250? I can also adjust ModMii's syscheck analyzer such that it will accept either configuration so long as you have both installed to either slot.

Should I change d2x v8 to some newer version? Any benefit?

Also I'm thinking about adding USB loader gx as an option, and since it's the most feature rich I may even make it the recommended loader (after I play with it some more and get more comfortable).

I guess I can add nintendont as a download as well.

How big a deal is it that MMM doesn't support WM+ controllers? Do I bother changing it to something else? This will be the most work because it will impact guides, gifs, videos (@DeadlyFoez would ideally help me with the videos too)

As a long time ModMii user I'd like to see the above items added into ModMii.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Yawmm would be a nice replacement for mmm but it's missing 2 things. First, Modmii's HBC solution guide uses an exploit to launch mmm's boot.elf to install a clean IOS58, so the ideal replacement would also have a boot.elf version available.

The other thing ModMii uses mmm for is its app selector, so that after installing a clean IOS58, you can launch the hackmii installer without having to manually change sd:\boot.elf using a PC. I think there may be another instance or two when mmm's app selector is used.

I think @JoostinOnline may have created a mod of wiimod or something that might do all of this, but I can't even remember what the app is called.

Edit: I wonder if wii mod lite would work, it seems like it should. It will be a pain to replace mmm and I'll have to convince deadlyfoez to record videos for me but if it gets wiimotion+ support working again, then it may be worth it

https://github.com/RiiConnect24/Wii-Mod-Lite/releases

Edit2: anyone know if there's a boot.elf for wii mod lite (instead of boot.dol)?

Last edited by XFlak,

Deuces

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
  • Download and use the the ModMii Installer from the official ModMii Webpage HERE
The new website can be found at modmii.000webhostapp.com
That occassionally goes down also, so just grab the installer from HERE

First one gives me some weird spam websites with the " your windows is damaged , please click ... " messages

Second one is down ...

Anywhere i can go to for ModMii ? (need to fix wii from mates kid ;) )

Thx

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a boot.elf for a wad manager, but I don't know which one.
https://filetrip.net/dl?PE74GVPLYP

it's part of a WiiU vWii semi-brick guide, so it supports wiimote+
it might be YAWMM v 1.6de

and speaking of the "de 2 en" version, it contains a boot.elf
http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.php/7241-YAWMM-DE-English-Translation/
they are probably the same files.
it would not have Fix94 fixes, but it works too.

I didn't know mmm could launch homebrew. HBC can launch hackmii installer boot.elf too, but I support you use mmm when you can't boot hbc.

Last edited by Cyan,

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Thanks for the help @Cyan. I should've have kept you updated. So @scooby74029 was able to recompile wiimod 3.2 for me to get a boot.elf and wiimote+ support (we were going to use Wii Mod Lite but the "source" is just a read me file). Anyway, so that hurdle is passed. I do still need some help though ideally from someone with a wiimote+. I can't recall if mmm was the only app ModMii uses that doesn't support the wii motion + remotes, and I don't have a wiimote+ to test. Off the top of my head I don't think priiloader or any region Changer do, but I'm not 100% sure.

I definitely do NOT want to use ahbprot for anything other than installing a patched IOS236.

And scooby74029 also offered to remove or lock some of Wii Mod's functions so once I can verify whether I do or don't need a alternative for any region Changer (for example) I can have him remove it from the ModMii edition of Wii Mod.

We'll see how far I get but I'd like to add support for wiimote+, flashhax, usbloader_gx, nintendont, maybe wiimmfi, and perhaps something else I got up my sleeve.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

First one gives me some weird spam websites with the " your windows is damaged , please click ... " messages

Second one is down ...

Anywhere i can go to for ModMii ? (need to fix wii from mates kid ;) )

Thx
https://sourceforge.net/projects/modmii/files/

FYI that first link will take u to the installer after clicking skip ad. But I provided a direct link above.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I do still need some help though ideally from someone with a wiimote+. I can't recall if mmm was the only app ModMii uses that doesn't support the wii motion + remotes, and I don't have a wiimote+ to test. Off the top of my head I don't think priiloader or any region Changer do, but I'm not 100% sure.
Help! Anyone able to volunteer to lend a hand?

Man I miss the days when I literally had a dedicated beta testing group and even a freaking wait list to get on it, lol.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Man I miss the days when I literally had a dedicated beta testing group and even a freaking wait list to get on it, lol.
I have a 3rd party Motion+ remote (which by itself would be a nice compatibility-to-original challenge), but it imitates the original design instead of the problematic 1st party "TR" wiimote...

igiddyuup

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried using modmii and everything downloaded but the "HackMii Installer: Missing", I tried retrying and still failed. Any ideas?

It appears the bootmii website isn't working so it cannot download it from them. Is there anywhere else to get it?

Last edited by igiddyuup,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MMM definitely requires an older remote. It does not work with WM+. YAWMM does. Priiloader works with either. Not sure about AnyRegion Changer.

I could've sworn I found the source for MMM and recompiled it but I could be crazy and will have to do some more digging.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: