• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

Starkissed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's odd, no one else has reported issues with the installer in a LONG time, so it's weird to see it fail for BOTH your systems... you must got some bad luck, lol.

Anyways, just manually "install" it by unzipping this:
http://modmii.google...ModMii6.1.5.zip

Also, refer to the first post of this thread to download\use ModMiiFix.bat
That did the trick. Everything seems to be working beautifully and the wizard guide was easy to follow. Thank you for your help! - SK

gil21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a korean wii,the region is changed to usa.what i wanna ask is
i want to start over modding my wii,is is safe if i restore the wii to the original state?

thank you

edit the fw is 4.2 u

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Just run ModMii and tell it your Wii is USA. It will safely update your softmods, overwriting any old hacks.

If you try to manually restore the Wii to its original state manually, you have to be careful not to get a 003 brick. Since you're on 4.2, your system menu IOS is IOS70. If you install a normal non-stubbed IOS70 on your Wii in it's current condition, you will get the 003 brick. ModMii will safely get you to install a patched IOS60 to slot70.

Long story short, just resoftmod your Wii using ModMii, and do what your custom guide says and you will be safe. If you decide to do anything manually without ModMii, be very very careful and triple check everything before installing anything to your wii.

gil21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just run ModMii and tell it your Wii is USA. It will safely update your softmods, overwriting any old hacks.

If you try to manually restore the Wii to its original state manually, you have to be careful not to get a 003 brick. Since you're on 4.2, your system menu IOS is IOS70. If you install a normal non-stubbed IOS70 on your Wii in it's current condition, you will get the 003 brick. ModMii will safely get you to install a patched IOS60 to slot70.

Long story short, just resoftmod your Wii using ModMii, and do what your custom guide says and you will be safe. If you decide to do anything manually without ModMii, be very very careful and triple check everything before installing anything to your wii.
thx for the reply mate and can modmii wizard play wii disc from disc channel?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It can play original wii games from the disc channel.

Only older model wii's can play backup discs period (without manually replacing the physical disc drive). If your wii is old enough to be capable of playing backup discs, after using ModMii u will be able to play them using neogamma (or any other loader really), but usb-loading is far superior anyways. If you insist on backup disc loading from the disc channel, u will have to google\install neocorp or darkcorp. Darkcorp is generally frowned upon as it's not without risks, highly invasive and replaces the majority of your Wii's IOSs. If you're still interested in *corp, u should read up on the dangers before making a decision.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I've been a little bored lately and decided to make this small little ModMii add-on that some lazy people may find helpful.

ModMii_Syscheck_CSV_Context_Installer_and_Uninstaller READ ME

Save the bat files to ModMii's Support folder, then run the installer bat file to install, and the uninstaller bat file to uninstall.

When installed, a new item will appear in the right-click menu for .csv files called "Analyze Syscheck Log using ModMii".

XFlak

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?iueiyjstuxnavwm

Reactions: 1 person

superkrups20056

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, this is the step I'm getting stuck on when I'm trying to build UNEEK+DI with priiloader, postloader, and that special cIOS. I downloaded neek2o-rev80.zip, and put it in the Modmii/temp/neek2o folder, but my ModMii is getting stuck at the fonts. I specify that I want to build rev80 as well. Help please! Thank you!

fIEZi.png

superkrups20056

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to fix the problem above by using a skinned interface of ModMii. However, I told Modmii to install a ton of custom wads when it was creating the emulated NAND. I see these titles in the NAND (using ShowMiiWads [View >> ShowMiiNand]), however, they are not showing up on postloader on the wii. Also, ShowMiiWads is showing '0' Installed Titles in the bottom left hand corner? What is going on? I see the titles in the Nand, but the titles are not installed? Thank you.

superkrups20056

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the solution was to run the modmiifix.bat from the first post, not sure how\why the skinned version fixed your problem.

are the WADs u installed to your emunand showing up in the emulated system menu?

Thank you about the modmiifix.bat fix, that worked! But one more problem:

I can't boot up my emulated NAND. I set it up using ModMii UNEEK+DI on my external hard drive. 4.2U system menu, etc. Installed a gigabyte of custom additional WADS (none of them were IOSs). Installed the NEEK Wad channel on my Wii, but when I try to boot to my hard drive it just sits at a black screen. I know it says that when launching any form of SNEEK for the first time, it will take a while to load the system menu, but I've been waiting here for a while. Any ideas? I'm thinking there is a certain IOS that I have to install that wasn't installed when I homebrewed my Wii using ModMii. Thank you again

superkrups20056

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the solution was to run the modmiifix.bat from the first post, not sure how\why the skinned version fixed your problem.

are the WADs u installed to your emunand showing up in the emulated system menu?

I can't boot up my emulated NAND. I set it up using ModMii UNEEK+DI on my external hard drive. 4.2U system menu, etc. Installed a gigabyte of custom additional WADS (none of them were IOSs). Installed the NEEK Wad channel on my Wii, but when I try to boot to my hard drive it just sits at a black screen. I know it says that when launching any form of SNEEK for the first time, it will take a while to load the system menu, but I've been waiting here for a while. Any ideas? I'm thinking there is a certain IOS that I have to install that wasn't installed when I homebrewed my Wii using ModMii. Thank you again

I managed to get my emuNand working! I just didn't install all those custom WADS and it worked! The problem I am having now is trying to get postloader to work for my EMULATED NAND, not my REAL NAND. I don't exactly understand what steps to take with priibooterGUI, and I don't think ModMii spit out a guide for these steps. Help would be appreciated, Thank you

superkrups20056

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I managed to get my emuNand working! I just didn't install all those custom WADS and it worked! The problem I am having now is trying to get postloader to work for my EMULATED NAND, not my REAL NAND. I don't exactly understand what steps to take with priibooterGUI, and I don't think ModMii spit out a guide for these steps. Help would be appreciated, Thank you

OK, I figured out how to get postloader to boot as soon as I start my Emulated NAND using the following instructions from the postloader ReadMii.

neek2o/UNEEK: priiloader extension via priibooterGUI
1) Install to your SD or USB /apps/postloader like any homebrew
2) Copy to your SD root neekbooter.dol.
3) Run your NEEK environment pressing "reset" to enter in neek priiloader.
4) Select "Load/Install file" from priiloader menu'
5) Select neekbooter.dol
6) Go back to main menu'
7) Select settings -> Autoboot: Installed File
8) Select settings -> Return to: Autoboot
9) If you wish, you can remove neekbooter.dol from the SD
10) postLoader MUST exist on the root of SD, and SD must be inside the Wii

When my Emulated NAND starts up, postloader starts perfectly and asks me where I want to save the config files. When I select SD card, it jumps to a screen where it says that the 'config files saved successfully.' As SOON as I hit 'OK,' the Exception! Error occurs with a black screen.

Help would very much be appreciated. I've been working on this all day and I can't figure it out.

N2uIP.jpg

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
KrupaSolanki: i don't want to be rude or anything, but why are you double posting this? It is enough to post it in the postloader topic alone, it is also not a ModMii problem.

Don't worry, most people read the same topics, so you will probably get an answer..

Reactions: 1 person

prettypegagirl

Trophies
XP
Country
ModMii tells me "Some downloads are invalid, missing or not updated properly" I've retried 3 times already and get the same message?
All I can see is
"Multi-Mod Manager (MMM) v13.4: Missing
IOS236 Installer v5 Mod: Missing
Priiloader v0.7 (236 Mod): Missing
USB forwarder Loader Channel v12: Missing

*4 out of 58 files are invalid, Missing or not updated properly

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ModMii tells me "Some downloads are invalid, missing or not updated properly" I've retried 3 times already and get the same message?
All I can see is
"Multi-Mod Manager (MMM) v13.4: Missing
IOS236 Installer v5 Mod: Missing
Priiloader v0.7 (236 Mod): Missing
USB forwarder Loader Channel v12: Missing

*4 out of 58 files are invalid, Missing or not updated properly
Go to the first post of this thread, and download\run the ModMiiFix.bat temporary solution. If the problem persists, let me know.

Cheers.
I had this exact same problem and the ModMiiFix.bat fixed it completely. Thanks XFlak.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Why don't link a patched modmii on the first page?
People seem to fail at patching it themselfes.
I'm 3 or 4 videos away from a ModMii update. DeadlyFoez is going to record the vids but he's really busy IRL at the moment, and I don't want to pressure him. I know he's doing his best to make it happen asap, and when ready ModMii.zzl.org will get updated with new download links that no longer link to googlecode (they still haven't replied to my grievance btw). Anyways, a permanent solution should be available within a week or 2.

Besides, no one has reported failing to patch ModMii, people have just been ingorant of the temporary ModMii fix from the first post, proving that they've failed to read the first post. Once people have been pointed to ModMiiFix.bat it's resolved their issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night