Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

krezy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: ModMii with minimal options => once you Installed HBC, IOS236, Priiloader the last step is "INSTALL WADS".

1) Are the IOS11-80 wads really necessary? What are they for?
2) What if I only use Neogamma, can't I just install cIOS249+250 (d2x) from that long list? And skip the rest?

krezy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Allright thanks. I'm still curious of what the extra protection is? If this is out of the scope of this thread I understand, or just a link explaining the IOS-modifications would be nice.

Anyway, cMIOS + active IOSs are set to "N". System = 4.3. ModMii generates wads for IOS11,20,30,40,50,52,60,70,80 (example: IOS11v16174 etc.)

edit: Well I guess it applies FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP to the selected IOSs.

Hackdroid

Trophies
XP
Country
just wanted to say thanks a lot for the guide !! however i have one problem and ive read so many threads and searched but im still confused that is, all games etc work butr only when i try to play super smash bros brawl and try to play a two player game it freezes and make a long sound and nothing can be done aprt from removing the plug and putting back as the wii just freezes .....what do i do please help . Also can the sd card be removed after the softmod is done or does it have to stay in al the time?

im a noob so go easy on me only had the wii a few months but ask me about ps3 cfw and im an expert lol !

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the sd card is not required as long as you're apps are saved on a fat32 HDD. The only things that ONLY work with an sd card and not a fat32 HDD is anything bootmii related (and IIRC also the sega master system and genplusgx forwarder channels)

about super smash bros brawl, it sounds like your backup of the game is messed up. Some older versions of cIOS had a bug effecting dual layer games. So if you used a buggy cIOS to rip the game then that would explain your problems. Basically, I would rerip the game using the latest recommended cIOSs and hopefully that fixes your problem.

Cheers and Merry Christmas :D

Hackdroid

Trophies
XP
Country
the sd card is not required as long as you're apps are saved on a fat32 HDD. The only things that ONLY work with an sd card and not a fat32 HDD is anything bootmii related (and IIRC also the sega master system and genplusgx forwarder channels)

about super smash bros brawl, it sounds like your backup of the game is messed up. Some older versions of cIOS had a bug effecting dual layer games. So if you used a buggy cIOS to rip the game then that would explain your problems. Basically, I would rerip the game using the latest recommended cIOSs and hopefully that fixes your problem.

Cheers and Merry Christmas :D

thanks for your reply i should have made a couple of of things clear ,the apps are stored in the system and i do not have a hdd conected and the game is original disc

batw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok trying to mod with batman i get all the way and then i get
cleaning up environment ok
sd card not present?
sd card not found
usb gecko not found
no code found toload...... hanging

Hackdroid

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for your reply i should have made a couple of of things clear ,the apps are stored in the system and i do not have a hdd conected and the game is original disc
Your laser is dying. Thats the only thing that I can think of that could cause your issue.
but the problem is only when playing ssbb any other game is working with no problem ,remember its also the game i used to softmod so is this the reason why and im thinking that maybe it has written some files on the wii after the softmod or maybe on the sdcard

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs