dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
I installed priiloader v0.6 because i couldn't run hbc from the priiloader menu.

About installing all the ios i didnt installed because i got my sdhc and usb not working so i just installed the wads so i could run the Shop Channel.
But as soon i get home i'll try installing ios 58.

Oh and soon im gonna mod a 4.3 wii from a friend can i install the cios 249 rev 14(thats the one that works for me, for using the usb and neogamma r7, (I first modded my wii using this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APPtTqlV3EI (re-uploaded by me) )

Once again great app.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
There's nothing wrong with priiloader 0.6 once it's installed, its the installation itself that is risky. As I said earlier, u can launch the HBC from priiloader v0.4's title launcher, and u can autoboot the HBC if u install a forwarder channel.

ModMii's recommended cIOSs work great for the majority of people. You should consider reformatting your wbfs hard drive as FAT32 so it can store wii games, wii apps, etc. If the usb-loader is unable to detect your hard drive, then by all means you can try installing a different cIOS (btw, rev17b is similar to rev14 but superior). But before reinstalling a bunch of cIOSs, u should try all the ones u currently have installed (ie. 222,223,224,249,250). You can use the configurator for configurable usb-loader to modify the usb-loader's meta.xml so that it initially loads using a different cIOS. At least one of them should be able to read your hard drive.

also, neogamma r7 is outdated, u can use neogamma r9betaXX or neogamma r8 final autoboot mod. Or even better, use configurable usb-loader instead. If u were trying to launch games using neogamma r7, that could explain why it doesn't like cIOS249 base 56, because cIOSs with base 56 were not developed until after neogamma r7 was released (not 100% sure about that last part).

delvis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thx i modded 3 wii`s now and it works great
......you can not use lego batman with modwii on a 4.3E ?

and i can get every game to work....even COD black ops
wink.gif

but pikmin2 don`t works ?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Alright, I've been recommending people using ModMii to hack their Wiis or update their soft-mods, but I never actually did it myself (lol). Finally upgrading my 4.0U Wii with HBC 1.0.6 to something newer. Two questions:

Copy to SD folder... is it just copy everything there into the root?
What is the exact purpose of the 'extra brick protection' IOS files, and are they mandatory?

jordan_ch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
jordan_ch said:
hi........XFlak! i have used the modmii v4.4.7,but i can't download the waninkoko's cmios v5, it seems the file invalid........why? because of the framework 2.0 in my pc? i should update to framework 3.5? but i succeeded in downloading other files like wiigator's cmios v4-0.2/cios249-57-v21d2x /cios250-56-v21d2x ,and so on.
the problem is solved now...only because of the framework 3.5
wacko.gif

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
Using ModMii 4.4.7, I was downloading 249dx56 = cIOS249[56]-v21d2x but changing its slot to 248 (in Advanced Custom Downloads) and I'm not sure if it was done correctly (specially because of bold part below)... Log below:

Downloading 1 of 1: cIOS249[56]-v21d2x
Downloading Base Wad: IOS56-64-v5661

Base Wad already exists and has been verified, Continuing...

Unpacking Base Wad: IOS56-64-v5661

Patching A handful of BaseWad Component Files

Copying over Custom Modules

1 file(s) copied.
1 file(s) copied.
1 file(s) copied.
1 file(s) copied.
1 file(s) copied.
1 file(s) copied.
1 file(s) copied.

Repacking Wad

Download Successful

Creating a copy of cIOS249[56]-v21d2x.wad and turning it into

* cIOS249[56]-v21d2xslot248

1 file(s) copied.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
patchIOS 1.1 by Leathl
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Loading WAD...
Changing IOS Slot to: 248

0 patches applied, saving WAD...
Finished...

Note: Patches are not always successful, read the PatchIOS log above for details

The file has been created and saved here:

COPY_TO_SD\WAD\cIOS249[56]-v21d2xslot248.wad

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@pplucky, that is what it is supposed to look like and it seems to have worked fine.

It says 0 patches applied because it did not apply the FS, ES or NP patches (which should not be re-applied to cIOSs anyways).

If u want to double check if the slot has been successfully changed, u can load cIOS249[56]-v21d2xslot248.wad in showmiiwads to confirm the slot number is 248... but I'm confident that it worked fine.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
Perfect, man. I will check Showmiiwads anyway, because this is my first try.

Thanks a lot for your prompt help and, most of all, for this GREAT proggy!

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
So it was the ios 58 about the HBC, the Black ops now works thanks to the cios 250 and a wbfs drive in wiiflow or cfg, i only use neogamma because im lazy
smile.gif

About that question about installing the ios rev 14 on a 4.3 wii is there any problem?; i just dont wanna brick my wii friend.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@dicamarques,
Having the HBC installed to use IOS58 would not affect being able to play backups.

Installing cIOS rev 14 is safe. Anything that is installed to slots above 200 can not break your Wii as they are not used in normal wii operations. Worst case scenario, if u messed up installing cIOS249 of any version (ie. power failure), your backup loaders (and any other homebrew using cIOS249) will not work, but u will not brick. And then u can just reinstall the cIOS and the problem will be solved.

FYI, cIOS249v17b is superior to rev14, IIRC it's the same as rev14 except it has the dual layer bug fixed. Also, Wanin's cIOSs rev17 and below do not support FAT32 or NTFS usb-loading, whereas his newer revs do. The only reason not to use ModMii's recommended cIOSs is if they have problems detecting your hard drive.

@pplucky,
You're very welcome! Good luck with your "advanced" cIOS installation
biggrin.gif

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
QUOTE said:
Can u add more wii themes, besides the darkwii?
I could, but I probably wont. It was a lot of work just testing all the DarkWiiRed themes that ModMii currently supports... I mean, supporting just one theme means I need to test 4*3*2=24 files (4 regions * 3 firmwares * 1 csm file & 1 themed system menu wad). So I had to work closely with diddy and use sneek emulated nands to test out the themes for non-US wii's. And there were a lot of problems with the themes, but eventually with my testing and diddy's revisions we figured it out.

If I ever support another theme, I'll likely only do so if another person (or persons) is able to help test the 24 files. And even then, if we find problems, we would need the help of the themes' author to make any necessary changes.

And is it safe to use/install sneek??
extremely safe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse