bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Etheboss said:
bd3319 said:
XFlak, I just downloaded your last installer from previous page and installed it but it is installing 4.4.5 instead of 4.4.7. Is there a different link? Thanks. And thanks to all others for your work.
Just tried the link, the modmii installer downloads the correct modmii (ver. 4.4.7).
Maybe you did something wrong bd3319?
Possible i guess. I did it like four times before. I just did it again and installed to a brand new folder. C:Modmii and it installed 4.4.5. Have no idea why.
EDIT: I just installed on a different pc and same thing. 4.4.5

georgecoat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The link is incorrect. It is downloading 4.4.5.
To download 4.4.7 you need to follow "ModMii" on "googlecode" (type both words into google) ;-)
Edit:Yep, davebaol (5 posts back) got it, follow his link.

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
after installation you can upgrade modmii online
Not that it matters because i downloaded the .zip version of 4.4.7 but I'm telling you that the link to the installer installs 4.4.5 and when it checks for updates there are none. Even when I went into options page and manually checked for updates, it said there are none. I don't know why. the only way I can install 4.4.7 is from the .zip that got posted. Maybe something to do with operating system? I doubt it but who knows. Maybe something isn't up to date on my pc? Well both of them. Maybe a mod could look into this. I'm pretty computer savvy so I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. If it works for others and not me then it has to be both of my computers. But why? If it helps, I'm running XP Pro SP3 on both.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The updater and modmii installer downloads an update file to check for the latest release. The reason some ppl are not able to update/install the latest release has to do with that certain update file being stored in temp memory. So the next time it tries to download the update file to check for updates, windows just pulls it from temp memory instead of re-downloading it. This shouldn't affect most ppl, but for those that it does affect, the official installers will work for you once your temp memory gets cleared, and that should happen automatically a couple times a month or something like that.

@bd3319, you can use showmiiwads, but if u prefer, just select the cIOS u wish to modify from ModMii's Advanced Downloads page, then input the new slot number and version number, and you're good to go.

cdn_k3v

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just wanted to say that I already had my Wii modded, but I was having an issue where my memory was full, but when I tried to clean it up, it froze, so I decided to use your app, and I was then able to go in and remove some old stuff.

Very awesome application.

I have 1 question, and this is in regards to Rock Band DLC. This problem occurred before when I had it running, when I had it running before I ran out of memory.
When I go to the store it shows everything being purchased, then I go to re download and it kicks me out and gives me an error (the error was related to the store being down, which is not true)

What I did before to fix it, was i installed and uninstalled and reinstalled the DLC crack, then I had to repatch IOS37 for me to be able to get it to actually download.

Before I go and do this again, is there anything I need to do? I am not sure if the repatching of the IOS37 caused me to have issues before.

Again great work on this!!!

Cdn_K3v

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi XFlak

ModMii just keep getting better and better, now it solves the controller lag problem a lot of people were having. Thanks for your great work.

I have a request. Most of the time I am behind a proxy server and that makes it impossible for me to use ModMii to download anything. It would be very cool if you can use the proxy settings from IE in ModMii so I can use it all the time. Maybe put it as an option to enable/disable the proxy feature. Hope you will consider it. Thanks.

Dravial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering if you use the modmii wizard to upgrade the system menu from 4.2 to 4.3 if it is as simple as that - ie: run through the process and at the end you are now on 4.3... or do you have to re-install HBC using a game hack after its done. I am on 4.2U now and would just assume bring it as up to date as I can if it's this simple. Thanks.

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dravial said:
Just wondering if you use the modmii wizard to upgrade the system menu from 4.2 to 4.3 if it is as simple as that - ie: run through the process and at the end you are now on 4.3... or do you have to re-install HBC using a game hack after its done. I am on 4.2U now and would just assume bring it as up to date as I can if it's this simple. Thanks.
Just my 2 cents worth but there is no reason that i know of that you should update your wii. Keep it on 4.2u and just update ios's and Cios's. 4.3 update has no improvement on functionality at all, was simply made in an attempt to stop pirating.

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
The updater and modmii installer downloads an update file to check for the latest release. The reason some ppl are not able to update/install the latest release has to do with that certain update file being stored in temp memory. So the next time it tries to download the update file to check for updates, windows just pulls it from temp memory instead of re-downloading it. This shouldn't affect most ppl, but for those that it does affect, the official installers will work for you once your temp memory gets cleared, and that should happen automatically a couple times a month or something like that.

I don't really get it I guess. I tried the installer on a pc that never had modmii on it before and I just tried using Cleanup! on my main pc and tried the installer again. Both times it only installed 4.4.5 and will not update to 4.4.7. Like I said before, I do already have the newest version so not a big deal to me, I am just posting the problem to let you know. Thanks once again.

bobbobbins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I update my cioses and usb forwarder channel to the new ones in the latest ModMii?

Do I have to uninstall the old cioses and usb forwarder first or can I just use MMM to install the new wad files over top of the ones I have installed already?

Thanks for any help.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can simply install them over the ones you currently have
smile.gif
you will hardly ever have to delete what you have to put newer version up if at all really.

ModMii should give you a WAD to install and you can use any Wad Manager to install these cIOS or Forwarder/Channels

metri3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get C.O.D. Black Ops to run on my usb loader (cfg usb loader). It just keeps loading... What do I need to do?

Also I set the priiloader to block updates from Nintendo can I accept the user agreement so I can play on-line and not screw stuff up?

Any and all help is appreciated... THANK YOU!

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@metri3, go to the game options for that game (find it in the usb-loader, and hit "1") then change the IOS to 250 and u will be able to launch (a cIOS with base 57 is required for this game). And u should still be able to accept the shopping channels user agreement despite priiloader hacks. Please direct and further questions on getting this specific game to work to this thread: http://gbatemp.net/t273317-tutorial-how-to...y-cod-black-ops

shinyazz52

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well , i modded my third wii yesterday , the first two i did using completesoftmod guide , both went well . the third a used modmii and all i can say is WOW ! so quick ,so easy . this is one awesome app !
bow.gif

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@dicamarques, priiloader included with ModMii is v0.4. The installer for v0.6 is not entirely safe due to the HBC network init. bug. And there is nothing wrong with v0.4, it still offers the same amount of brick protection, and the same system menu hacks. The only thing ppl complain about 0.4 is that it cannot autoboot the HBC (however, it can still launch the HBC via it's title launcher). And those ppl complaining about that can just install a HBC forwarder channel and then all older apps, included priiloader v0.4, will be able to find the latest HBC without needing an update. About your other problem, you can try installing cIOS249v21d2x[56], if that doesn't fix it, just reinstall w/e cIOS was working for u to begin with (most hard drive are compatible with base 56 cIOSs, but not all, your hard drive might work better using a hermes cIOS, u can add arguments to your usb-loaders meta.xml to change the default IOS that is loaded from 249 to something else like 222). Is your hard drive formatted as fat32? If so, are u able to access it from the HBC?

@shinyazz52, I'm glad u found modmii quick and easy! enjoy!

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
XFlak said:
@dicamarques, priiloader included with ModMii is v0.4. The installer for v0.6 is not entirely safe due to the HBC network init. bug. And there is nothing wrong with v0.4, it still offers the same amount of brick protection, and the same system menu hacks. The only thing ppl complain about 0.4 is that it cannot autoboot the HBC (however, it can still launch the HBC via it's title launcher). And those ppl complaining about that can just install a HBC forwarder channel and then all older apps, included priiloader v0.4, will be able to find the latest HBC without needing an update. About your other problem, you can try installing cIOS249v21d2x[56], if that doesn't fix it, just reinstall w/e cIOS was working for u to begin with (most hard drive are compatible with base 56 cIOSs, but not all, your hard drive might work better using a hermes cIOS, u can add arguments to your usb-loaders meta.xml to change the default IOS that is loaded from 249 to something else like 222). Is your hard drive formatted as fat32? If so, are u able to access it from the HBC?

Ok but i installed priiloader 0.6 and no problem. About the hdd it is a 16gb flash drive, formatted as wbfs and i dont have any problem, i just want to play cod black ops.
Oh and i have my hbc in ios 61 i use hackmii installer and reinstall it and its still in the ios 61?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The priiloader 0.6 installer can cause bricks for people without a working wifi connection or without bootmii installed as boot2. That's why it's not recommended at the moment. Besides, 0.6 doesn't add a lot of useful features, and it doesn't add any more brick protection over v0.4.

If u used ModMii, you would've installed IOS58 before being told to reinstall the HBC. If you did this, then you're HBC would be running off IOS58 and not 61.

To get black ops working, u need to launch the game using a cIOS with base 57 (which would be IOS250 if u installed ModMii's recommended cIOSs). There is a whole thread devoted to helping ppl get this specific game working properly, if u have troubles, I recommend u look into that thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: