Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@sphinx.djc, if u do what tj_cool suggested, the games will show up as channels on your Wii.

Another option is to install them to sneek or uneek (this has the added benefit of not reducing the free blocks on your real nand). You can use ModMii to set up sneek/uneek and an emulated nand, then afterwards u can download and use showmiiwads (showmiinand) to install the wads you have to your emulated hard drive.

If you want to have ModMii automatically install your wads to your emulated nand as it is building it (instead of having to manually use showmiiwads afterwards), before using ModMii's sneek-installer/nand-builder, move or copy your wads to the "temp\install2sneek" folder where u have ModMii saved (create the folder if it doesn't exist). Then when u build emulated nands, those wads will automatically be installed to your emulated nand along with all the other required files (which ModMii will take care of)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
XFlak said:
@FIX94,
that's very weird... I've never had a problem like that before. I'm assuming you've tried extending the window width to no avail? Perhaps the max cmd window width on the PC your using has been reduced. Open a cmd window, right click the top title bar, go to properties, and try playing with the settings. I'm assuming this is a new problem, because u never mentioned it before. If this is the case, perhaps try restarting (but u probably tried that already too)... or if u care badly enough u could try a system restore. But I can say for certain that nothing related to the window size has changed in recent ModMii updates.
Seems like the size changed, the problem came with the installation of git, do you know the default size and default font? I'm now using a with of 84 and everything looks fine again.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
XFlak said:
The default font size on my windows XP machine is 8x12, the default font is Raster Fonts and the default width is 80. I think the default settings are the same for windows 7, but I'm not near my windows 7 machine ATM so I can't say for sure. Hope this helps!
I must set it to 84, strange... But that's nearly the same, the size is OK.

winny.uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
davebaol said:
XFlak said:
WiiBackupManager is no longer recommended for formatting hard drives.
Instead FAT32 GUI Formatter is used to format hard drives as FAT32 and Windows Disk Management to format hard drives as NTFS.

Just curious, why?
if u look a few pages back, sidescroll (i think) has problems using his FAT32 hard drive (formatted using WBM) with the Wii. I recommended he try reformatting using FAT32 GUI Formatter, and it fixed his problem. There were a few others with the same issue all reported in the WBM thread.

WBM's formatter has always worked for me, but I still personally prefer using FAT32 GUI Formatter. Anyways, once WBM's formatter is deemed as stable as FAT32 GUI Formatter, I'll probably change the guides back to using WBM just cuz it's one less tool to have to download.

Hi Xflak
smile.gif

Have you mentioned this potential problem to fig2k4? He's seems open to new ideas on improving Wii Backup Manager.

http://gbatemp.net/t188295-wii-backup-manager-for-windows

Punk9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys!
I'm sorry if this was already answered, somewhere else, but Iv been looking around and I couldn't find itt.

Anyway my wii specs are:
4.1U hacked w/BannarBomb,
Have bootmii as boot2 + priiloader
installed cios Rev 20b with usb support.

Alright, so I was installing wads, and moving them to the SD card.

And I tried to play "God, Vs Humans" WiiWare game. And it would load from SD, but when the game would start to play, I would get the #002 ERROR "Disk could not be read"

It's not jsut this game, it was some other as well, but I deleted them thinking it was just a bad wad.

I updated the cios with rev 20/b and it still happens

What else can I do? Is this a cios problem, ios problem or what?

Thanks in advance!

Dravial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi to all of you. I have been lurking for over a month now in this and many other forums trying to get a handle on soft modding. Reason being, I bought a modded wii for my wife, and before I did to much screwing around with it, was hoping I could get enough knowledge to either do it properly, or undo anything stupid I happened to do. Well, to this end, I am also kind of starting in the middle - I have a system that who knows what was already installed on it, as examples: It had bootmii installed, and I read up on the function of this program, but I also found out that I could not actually run it on my wii, and finally figured out the critical files it needed on the SD card had been removed (So I reinstalled, and installed priiloader as I had to install bootmii as an IOS); also had USB Loader GX installed, and I noticed a couple of the games did not play, so I thought an update would be in order, well much to my dismay it seems a MAJOR update (USB Loader GX 2.0) to this product came out just HOURS before I decided to upgrade it, and after I did I had major issues - starting with not seeing hd and black screens - after more reading I found I needed to update some cIOS - well while this got the hard drive going again, now I started to experience various freezes and random black screens. Ok, lets just try going back to my old version... Apparently via the txt file, this was r713 - well this rev is no longer available, oldest is 883 I believe. And even after trying that one up to 938, I am still having issues with games (now some that loaded before will not load now or black screen). As a note when I updated my cIOS, I saw the current version before I updated was r14 and the newest was r21, so these were definitely outdated if not possibly obsolete... Bottom line question: I have noticed your program ModMii, and I see: "When asked if your Wii is a virgin, you can answer yes "Y" even if your Wii is not a virgin in order to re-hack your Wii and update all your Wii's softmods.” CAN THIS HELP ME??? I apologize in advance, I am a newb, but like I said, I also came in the middle of this, and I think someone did a poor job setting this up and before I dowloand another thing or change another setting or wad or dol or whatever, I have got to have some direction (so I don’t make it worse, cuz everything I do seems to have no effect or make it a little worse if you would be so kind… I would appreciate anyone’s help on this, and if you have answered this prior I apologize maybe even just point me in that direction, or move my post to the appropriate spot… I have read a lot a lot on the forums, but obviously you can’t read everything. Thanks again I can tell by my readings you all do an excellent job…
EDIT: I have currently 4.2U system menu (and wonder if modmii can take me to 4.3 easily) cIOS249r21 and IOS58 (Unkown if I have 250, or any hermes, and HBC is running on IOS61, I just dl'ed IOS58 as I was reading this was a possible fix for USB loader issues) HBC 1.0.8, and a sys.chk readout if that would be of any use...

smartybones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dravial said:
Hi to all of you.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

reading this was a possible fix for USB loader issues) HBC 1.0.8, and a sys.chk readout if that would be of any use...

you know, i try not to be an arse and I am usually the last to pick on people for spelling and gramar etc.. mines bad enough... but dude.. PARAGRAPHS.... it makes it so much easier to read.. i got a few lines in to your post and give up...

hate2.gif
hate2.gif

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Dravial said:
Hi to all of you. I have been lurking for over a month now in this and many other forums trying to get a handle on soft modding. Reason being, I bought a modded wii for my wife, and before I did to much screwing around with it, was hoping I could get enough knowledge to either do it properly, or undo anything stupid I happened to do. Well, to this end, I am also kind of starting in the middle - I have a system that who knows what was already installed on it, as examples: It had bootmii installed, and I read up on the function of this program, but I also found out that I could not actually run it on my wii, and finally figured out the critical files it needed on the SD card had been removed (So I reinstalled, and installed priiloader as I had to install bootmii as an IOS); also had USB Loader GX installed, and I noticed a couple of the games did not play, so I thought an update would be in order, well much to my dismay it seems a MAJOR update (USB Loader GX 2.0) to this product came out just HOURS before I decided to upgrade it, and after I did I had major issues - starting with not seeing hd and black screens - after more reading I found I needed to update some cIOS - well while this got the hard drive going again, now I started to experience various freezes and random black screens. Ok, lets just try going back to my old version... Apparently via the txt file, this was r713 - well this rev is no longer available, oldest is 883 I believe. And even after trying that one up to 938, I am still having issues with games (now some that loaded before will not load now or black screen). As a note when I updated my cIOS, I saw the current version before I updated was r14 and the newest was r21, so these were definitely outdated if not possibly obsolete... Bottom line question: I have noticed your program ModMii, and I see: "When asked if your Wii is a virgin, you can answer yes "Y" even if your Wii is not a virgin in order to re-hack your Wii and update all your Wii's softmods.” CAN THIS HELP ME??? I apologize in advance, I am a newb, but like I said, I also came in the middle of this, and I think someone did a poor job setting this up and before I dowloand another thing or change another setting or wad or dol or whatever, I have got to have some direction (so I don’t make it worse, cuz everything I do seems to have no effect or make it a little worse if you would be so kind… I would appreciate anyone’s help on this, and if you have answered this prior I apologize maybe even just point me in that direction, or move my post to the appropriate spot… I have read a lot a lot on the forums, but obviously you can’t read everything. Thanks again I can tell by my readings you all do an excellent job…
EDIT: I have currently 4.2U system menu (and wonder if modmii can take me to 4.3 easily) cIOS249r21 and IOS58 (Unkown if I have 250, or any hermes, and HBC is running on IOS61, I just dl'ed IOS58 as I was reading this was a possible fix for USB loader issues) HBC 1.0.8, and a sys.chk readout if that would be of any use...
Yes. Just run the modmii wizard and you should be ready to go.
yaywii.gif

carlwithak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I start up the program, it tells me to type, "I Agree", doesn't let me type anything, and then closes while telling me I have no business modding anything. What the hell?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii for Windows
Version 4.4.7 Released!

by XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Not release in French yet

See first post for more info.

20farfr.png

4.4.7 Changelog
[*]Added cIOS249[XX]-v21d2x for IOSs with bases 37/38/56/57. cIOS249[56]-v21d2x
and cIOS250[57]-v21d2x are the new ModMii recommended cIOS 249 and 250.
Thanks to davebaol and xabby666 for working with me to create these cIOSs.

[*]Added BATHAXX exploit for LEGO Batman, big thanks to Team Twiizer and Lewurm.

[*]Corrected oversight in Wizard, now Japanese users can also select the
Indiana PWNS as an exploit to hack 4.3 Wiis.

[*]Fixed bug in Advanced downloads where some files were not being constructed.

MBison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question regarding the USB Loader with this... I downloaded all the Wii covers and tried to use them but the USB Loader isn't putting the covers up no matter where I put them. In /covers/ or in one of the 2d, 3d, full, etc directories. What am I doing wrong?

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey.

I just recognized the utility of ModMii and I'm definitely going to use it for possible future hacking of Wiis.

Anyway, mine is a 4.2E and is already hacked no problem. Still, when I was running the wizard to check what ModMii would propose, I noticed the extra brick protection part:

IOS11v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP]) - IOS11 required for SMv2.0-2.1
IOS20v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP]) - IOS20 required for SMv2.2
IOS30v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP]) - IOS30 required for SMv3.0-3.3
IOS50v14889(IOS50v4889[FS-ES-NP]) - IOS50 required for SMv3.4
IOS60v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP]) - IOS60 required for SMv4.0-4.1
IOS70v16687(IOS70v6687[FS-ES-NP]) - IOS70 required for SMv4.2.

What is the usage of these IOS and how do they protect me from bricking it? Should I install it?

Thanks in advance.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Those are the system ios used by the corresponding system menu specified at the end of each line.
Tipically all system ios are stubbed except for the one used by system menu installed.
So if you install a system menu without installing its system ios you'll get a full brick.
But if you have previously installed those non stubbed system ios the brick will not happen.

jordan_ch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
XFlak said:
ModMii for Windows
Version 4.4.7 Released!

by XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Not release in French yet

See first post for more info.

20farfr.png

4.4.7 Changelog
[*]Added cIOS249[XX]-v21d2x for IOSs with bases 37/38/56/57. cIOS249[56]-v21d2x
and cIOS250[57]-v21d2x are the new ModMii recommended cIOS 249 and 250.
Thanks to davebaol and xabby666 for working with me to create these cIOSs.

[*]Added BATHAXX exploit for LEGO Batman, big thanks to Team Twiizer and Lewurm.

[*]Corrected oversight in Wizard, now Japanese users can also select the
Indiana PWNS as an exploit to hack 4.3 Wiis.

[*]Fixed bug in Advanced downloads where some files were not being constructed.
hi........XFlak! i have used the modmii v4.4.7,but i can't download the waninkoko's cmios v5, it seems the file invalid........why? because of the framework 2.0 in my pc? i should update to framework 3.5? but i succeeded in downloading other files like wiigator's cmios v4-0.2/cios249-57-v21d2x /cios250-56-v21d2x ,and so on.

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak, I just downloaded your last installer from previous page and installed it but it is installing 4.4.5 instead of 4.4.7. Is there a different link? Thanks. And thanks to all others for your work.

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you.

One more question. If i use 249 base 56 and 250 base 57, how would i do 247 base 37 and 248 base 38 with the new USB module? Would i just create 249 base 37 and 249 base 38 and change the slot number in showmiiwads? Or is this method not recommended or needed? I guess i would like the option of being able to use all slots with the updated module. Thanks.

I think i found it already in the advanced download page. Still is it recommended to create these CIOS's with the updated module like i want to do?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bd3319 said:
XFlak, I just downloaded your last installer from previous page and installed it but it is installing 4.4.5 instead of 4.4.7. Is there a different link? Thanks. And thanks to all others for your work.
Just tried the link, the modmii installer downloads the correct modmii (ver. 4.4.7).
Maybe you did something wrong bd3319?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: