DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to build v6 d2x cios with modmii, but I fail with ret -1022 at wad install. Any ideas where I have gone wrong? I just replaced to modules in modmii with the v6 modules and built the wads. Worked fine for v4, but v5 and v6 give me ret -1022. I get the error on all base ios while installing content 1/22.

1022:
Wad Install Error: Content did not match hash in TMD

T

TheRealVisitor

mauifrog said:
I am trying to build v6 d2x cios with modmii, but I fail with ret -1022 at wad install. Any ideas where I have gone wrong? I just replaced to modules in modmii with the v6 modules and built the wads. Worked fine for v4, but v5 and v6 give me ret -1022. I get the error on all base ios while installing content 1/22.

1022:
Wad Install Error: Content did not match hash in TMD

Make sure you have used "modules/d2x-beta" folder inside Modimii. Even if v6 is final you have to use this folder structure. Copy the content of "modules"-folder from v6 into Modmiis "modules/d2x-beta"-folder and try to build them again.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
were the cIOSs marked "valid" by modmii? fyi even d2x betas should be marked as valid
Until this is resolved, I'm going to blame ModMii, and you as the creator, for this error.
tongue.gif

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I did put the modules in the wrong place. I deleted modmii, reinstalled modmii, made a d2x beta folder and extracted the modules there. Now I have a beta option in modmii, it creates the v6 cios but fails the hash check. Still getting ret -1022.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u bastard!
tongue.gif

edit: that was @ joostin

edit2: @mauifrog, Etheboss had the same problem, but before using his fix, can u test something for me. I think the problem can be fixed in a batch file, and thus can be added to modmii as a precautionary measure for ppl in your situation

save this code into a new text file, then rename it from *.txt to whatever.bat, then just run it (don't run as administrator, it shouldn't be required and I want it tested with normal rights first)
Code:
set PATH=%homedrive%\windows\system32;%PATH%

and that's it, so try using ModMii to build the problematic cIOSs again. If this works, let me know and I'll add that code to ModMii so it will set the environmental variable for everyone just in case they might be vulnerable to the same problem as u.

if it doesn't work, try what Etheboss did to fix the same problem HERE, basically the same thing as what I said above except using cmd line

edit3: why are so many smart people actually installing WADs that ModMii is calling "invalid"?? The ret -1022 info is helpful, but still, if ModMii says its invalid, I wouldn't install it

edit4: typical mauifrog behaviour, since I posted this solution he's helped 3 other ppl before helping himself. What a good guy, so selfless... or maybe I should bump this thread to make sure he's actually seen these edits, lol

edit5: reason for edit-->changed comma to semi-colon

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So far no luck for me.
did-
set PATH=[c: \windows\system32];%PATH%
and
set PATH=%homedrive%\windows\system32,%PATH%
before and after loading modmii, it did not help.

Modmii is now giving a message at the very end the says this file has failed many times and will be skipped, it makes the wad and fails the hash.
I have deleted the temp folder and wad folder, but the message about the file failing to many times remains.

T

TheRealVisitor

Why this problem happens to some people and not to others? Didn't have this here. So whats wrong with their systems?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
TheRealVisitor said:
Why this problem happens to some people and not to others? Didn't have this here. So whats wrong with their systems?
Because every PC is set up differently. I'm sure with a clean vanilla install of windows that no one would run into this type of issue... at least as far as the PATH parameters. But yeah, that is a little strange. It's hard to imagine that with PATH would not ever include the system32 folder, and if it does then how does the PC not have other issues. But I guess some viruses can certainly cause that to happen, and women that click random things without having a clue of what they're doing. (Yes, I'm blaming women)
biggrin.gif

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have tried but it is not working. I can make the other cios without issue, but when I make the d2x cios it fails. When it builds the cios it says it has failed to many times and is skipping something. This message persists even after I uninstall modmii and reinstall it. How do I clear modmii's history?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It has nothing to do with clearing history. The problem is signing the 00000000.app file, for some reason ModMii cannot convert the modified hexdump back into a binary on your PC, and when it tries it actually creates an empty 00000000.app file. The 0000000.app file needs to be 64bytes in order for u to be able to install it on the Wii (doesn't matter what content is in the file though). If u use ModMii v4.5.5 to build the d2x cIOSs, it won't attempt to sign them, and u'll be able to install them despite the fact that ModMii will report they're invalid because they're not signed like the d2x-beta package expects. If you install unsigned cIOSs apps won't be able to recognize what cIOS is installed since it's missing the signature.

Try running setting the environmental variable as an administrator. ie. right click the batch file u made and run it as administrator. Or right click cmd.exe and say run as administrator then type in the code manually. Also try doing a windows update.

edit:
Can you also try setting up UNEEK with switch2uneek? ModMii creates "nandslot.bin" (saved to root of USB) using the same method to create the 0000000.app file. So try setting up uneek with switch2uneek and let me know if USB:\nandslot.bin was successfully created or not. Since your having issues building the 0000000.app file I suspect it will create an empty nandslot.bin (0KB) when it should be 1KB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended