Hacking Modmii Assistance

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Hi all , hope someone could point out anything that may help me repair a kinda bricked wii.

Let me briefly explain the wii's history.

It was hacked by a friend a good 2 yrs back im not fully sure how , but after one of my kids ran a game possible a mario based game , i guess it tried to update itself with the fimware on the game disc and the wii became unstable , occasionally booting to the wii menu , sometimes freezing on the health and safety screen sometimes no loading at all. I tried all i could think and to cut a long story short it sat in a drawer until now. Since the kids have a new wii and all is well in the unmodded world , now i discover modmii and think on trying to play with the old wii to rescue it somehow.

Steps taken so far :

Loaded bootmii onto SD and inserted into Wii and it boots to bootmii , from there i used the info page to determine the system details.

namely : bootmii v1.2 , Stub v1.1 Mini v0.3 : Console ID 02318733 : Sysmenu : 4.2E boot1b boot2V4 : NAND : 76.9%

taking the sysmenu info i ran Modmii and chose everything relative to the sysmenu of 4.2 , ignoring for now any enhancements/themes/channels etc , just wanting to peove it will work.

So i copy the contents of the COPY TO SD folder to the sd card insert in the Wii

First step in the guide is to run the
bootmini.elf

i do as it says ............................. nothing happens , the only difference is now i cannot scroll through the files or step back to the bootmii options basically its froze and i have to reboot the wii.

So i cannot get step 1 of my guide processed , is my Wii to ill to repair , or do i need to do something else. I would appriciate any answers in kinda laymans terms as i read these forums regular and people do tend to assume people understand at times... Hope someone can help... thanks

Kind Regards P.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like cioscorp was installed.

that'll be fun for you. i have no experience with *corp, so i can't offer any help about how to fix it. the homebrew program syscheck will generate a log of everything installed to your system. you should post that someone more experienced than i can actually help you out.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's bad, you'll need to restore homebrew channel and your damn lucky to still have bootmii boot2 :P This somehow can be done with cboot2, but I never was able to test it because I have no bootmii boot2:
http://filetrip.net/f5416-cBoot2.html
Only use it if someone else sais it's ok please.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
try launching the hackmii_installer from the HBC instead of launching bootmini from bootmii. If you get an error with the hackmii installer, use ModMii's HackMii solutions Wizard before continuing your ModMii Wizard Guide.

If you don't have a working HBC, just follow ModMii's guide to use an exploit to launch the hackmii installer (ie. BannerBomb) and install it

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you don't have a working HBC, just follow ModMii's guide to use an exploit to launch the hackmii installer (ie. BannerBomb) and install it
From my understanding he havent got a vulnerable IOS anymore, so this wont be possible.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
based on what he said, yes it's possible that is the case... but I wonder if the problem is that he's trying to launch bootmini from what must be an older version of bootmii. So it's possible it could work.

Anyways, if it fails he can just use ModMii's hackmii solutions wizard, it will basically use an exploit to launch MMM right away then install specific IOSs that will allow the hackmii installer to run properly.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
inbetween you guys posting and me struggling , i tried the info here : http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.new.php although i couldnt find an installer file to rename , so using the already named boot file it tried these steps , and so far no change , ill look towards the modmii solutions , next however its NYE and the mrs is looking at me and saying "get a life" lol so maybe tomorrow or day after before i try that ,, thanks for the help so far and Happy New Year until then....

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
It seems i cannot seem to load or boot any file from within bootmii they either say something like "file cannot be loaded" or it just does nothing and freezes , every other aspect of bootmii seems to work , i can use the nand options etc...

The bannerbomb procedure seems to suggest that i have access to the wii menu and can browse the SD card that way.. either way i am struggling to make any progress , i have read its possible to load a nand backup from another wii if i change the keys etc

To clarify i seem to have bootmii and all its facilities but cannot load files from it.

Any ideas?

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
cBoot2 will require IOS36 patched/exploitable (or cios 249? Can't remember well).

pwsincd do you have access to bootmii screen if you just turned the console on? Or better, does your Wii DVD Drive flash twice and fast while you turn the console on?

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
not sure on the flashing lights however i have bootmii when wii is turned on with SD card inplace.

edit : i had bootmii in place i dont know why now i havent , all i have tried is the bannerbomb procedure

now i turn on the wii and i dont get any screen output and drive flashes steadyily. wtf.... its not far from going in the bin ... what can i do here chaps...

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
That means you have bootmii as boot2, without it it'd be a lot harder to recover your wii from a possible brick.

Back up all the contents of your Wii's SD Card, and decompress this file on the SD's root directory (ie: F:/) where F: is your SD card letter.

http://www.mediafire...8535y3069733r9k
--
ps: I only serve this file to help people which can`t/don't know how built bootmii mini interface, if any of the authors ask to remove this link, I will.
--

Ok, now you should be able to run bootmii (the SD card screen).

If the above worked...

You'll need cBoot. Someone above posted the file.

What does cBoot2 do? It allows to run any app .dol through bootmii as boot2 (like in your case), and through a patched/vulnerable ios36 so you can load your custom app (dol) to fix any mess you'd have in your Wii.

If you have bootmii as boot2, You *must* run the bootmii mini loader (the screen with the SD icons, etc) by doing the steps described above.

And here's what I'd do:

1. run a copy of the latest hackmii installer 1.0.8 in .elf format from the same SD launcher icon

2. Reinstall HBC so it can look for any exploitable IOSses and make use of them instantly, then exit. If it was installed, it should return your to the HBC. Then install priiloader (0.7) just for a while so if anything goes wrong, you don't have to put again cboot2 files on SD, and do the same process again.

3. run DOPMII, restore IOS36, Reinstall SM4.2E, install a NON-STUB IOS 70 (remember this), etc but i'd wait to see what more experienced ppl have to say.

Just do some small steps and feel free to ask here any questions.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
thanks will try this later .. and let you know how i go.

EDIT : i added the contents of your attachment ie: the bootmii folder which im assuming is the same as the ones ive gained using modmii , for some reason the wii now doesnt load bootmii and just sits with a flashing dvd drive and no screen output at all.... OMG whats happening ?? lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things