Hacking Modified Virtual Console WADs in USB Loader GX Emunand refuse to boot! Just keeps resetting to Homebrew Channel! How do I get them to boot?

LoganJones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently I downloaded Virtual Console TG-16 WADs that were modified to run in 240p. I dumped some WADs from the SD card the USB Loader GX's emuNAND successfully, but, unfortunately, none of them boot! Instead, whenever the game is started, the Wii resets to the Homebrew Channel. This is the main problem I'm trying to fix. (I boot USB Loader GX through the Homebrew Channel.)

To clarify, I've USB Loader GX r2171 installed via d2x cIOS installer v10-beta53-alt-vWii on base ios base 56, on slot 249.

Official WADs don't work on the emuNAND either. (My USB is WBFS formatted BTW.)

Strangely, I tried installing the WADs via YAWWM (Yet Another Wii WAD Manager) but after selecting them to be installed to the USB, all I got was an error message.
Furthermore, I accidentally installed a couple a WADs to my real NAND in the Wii menu and SD card menu, and they worked fine!

My question is this: How do I get the WADs that are installed to my emuNAND running? I must be doing something wrong, so please, ask a lot of questions.

Thanks!

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Trial and Error im afraid and seperate settings for each wad.

In load settings you have EmuNand and Sneek so u need to switch between both.

Sneek is another App for Wii and WiiU bit more difficult to acquire you need to compile yourself but Wii is easy enough to get and it basically an EmuNand much like EmuNand via USBLoaderGX.

Other settings to check before looking into Sneek is IOS you can can check what IOS a wad needs via YAWMM.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sneek-di-quick-guide.218725/

This site has details on compiling for WiiU

http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.php/8119-Compiling-a-vWii-compatible-version-of-SNEEK

MasterXD34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey! I think I might have a solution for you! if the normal wad you installed was installed from a different WAD manager, try ModMii it probably has the best WAD installer/manager I have used so far. I was able to use most of all my WADS as channels to forward to my homebrew channels. The wads you have installed might not have been installed correctly. If you don't know how to uninstall a WAD channel, just go to the Wii icon on the main screen, click on Data Management, then channels. You will find all INSTALLED WAD CHANNELS located there. Just click on one, and press ERASE. Then go into ModMii and reinstall the WAD. Try running it now. It should work fine.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
this was a year old question, I doubt the user is still waiting for the answer.
your answer is unrelated. what does riiconnect24 has to do with emuNAND? what using a different wad manager would help with game compatibility?

a lot of VC game don't work with emuNAND, especially TG16, N64, Neogoeo.
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii_cIOS_EmuNAND_Compatibility_List
The best answer here is :
don't use beta cIOS (r53) !
try different "IOS base" for the IOS slot you are using.
use Neek instead of cIOS mode emuNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed