Modified lite.

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by directive0, Jan 21, 2007.

Jan 21, 2007

Modified lite. by directive0 at 8:48 PM (1,273 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. directive0
    OP

Member directive0 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Okay, so lets say I take my Supercard Lite and fit it into an old GBA enclosure and cram it into my SP. Will it boot up GBA content?

2. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Does it currently? If so, what do you think your mod will do?

3. directive0
    OP

Canada
    What a cryptic response..

Currently, yes I suppose it does run GBA content on my DS. But being pretty new to this whole thing, I wouldn't have been suprised if there were a reason this was not possible on GBA-SP with this adapter.

Currently, no such actions have been taken. I am trying to determine who else has done this and what success -if any- they had experienced.

I am not trying to be "smart" here, or flaunt anything. I would simply appreciate some input from anyone with experience, and who could give me a concrete yes or no as to the probable success of this endeavour BEFORE I go dremmeling an old GBA cartridge. Yes, I know I could buy a simple GBA adapter, yes I know the SC-Lite was made for the DS.

If this question has previously been asked, I apologize, but my search yielded few results on this topic of relevance, and none that answered my question. Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

4. neojei

Member neojei GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes, it would work if you could somehow get it in the GBA, I'd like to see this really. I have a EZ Flash 4 Dlx, I just use a gameshark to play on my gba, but that gets bulky.
    edit: Oh, I thought you meant modding the gba casing itself, not an old gba cart case. It still should work.

5. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    It's been done. IIRC one of the Lite flashcarts comes with a GBA cart-sized case you can swap into, I just can't for the life of me remember which brand...
    [Edit] It was the G6 Lite. Which raises a good point; because the supercard Lite has the microSD slot on the top of the cart you won't be able to get to the slot, and will have to remove the large GBA housing every time you want to change the card.

6. DownwardSpyral

Newcomer DownwardSpyral The Fastest Thing Alive

United States
    Yes. from a hardware standpoint it is possible. The pins and board line up fine if you situate it inside the GBA cart right. Biggest concern is having regular access to the microsd card slot.

7. directive0
    OP

Canada
    So the general consensus is that this will probably work, huh? Cool. Well I'll give er a go. Let you all know how it works out.

8. Bali

Member Bali GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Nothing that some tools can't fix. I might not look all that nice, but being orginal will get the job done.

9. wepoo

Newcomer wepoo Advanced Member

Australia
    I've done this with my M3 Lite. Just cut off some edges of the flash cart, attach a string to the cart so you can pull it out of the GBA and you're set.

This is great when I've been using my DS and decide I want to convience (because it's so much smaller) of using my GBA Micro.