Hacking Modified Backup Launcher!

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to modify WiiGator's Backup Launcher 0.3 source to make an "autoboot" variation, because I want to go through as few menus as possible when booting my backups. I guess you could say I wanted a more streamlined process.

This modified build will now automatically boot directly into the game, unless you are holding 'B' down on either the wiimote or a GC controller during launch. This will enter the configuration menu where you can change Language, Force TV Signal type, change Hooktype, enable Ocarina, etc.
Usage: Hold 'B' during launch to enter boot configuration menu.

download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jzgimmixmmk/...auncher_0.3.rar
mirror: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XRCGQZXI

UPDATE: By popular demand I've uploaded ForceNTSC and ForceNTSC with vipatch versions.
ForceNTSC: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ni0gmjjmjmc/...3-ForceNTSC.rar
ForceNTSC with vipatch: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ewdwqiuimmz/...NTSCvipatch.rar

The archives include the dol, modified sourcecode, and a Channel WAD created by me. (Banner image was created by shadowmoses, Icon images and sound by myself)
NOTE: make sure you still install the CIOS before using the backup launcher, or it will not work regardless of where you run it from.

Enjoy!

Banner:
bannerlogosr9.jpg

Icons:
iconimage3rm4.jpg
logochanir1.jpg

harroway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Forsaekn said:
Great, let me know what you think! All feedback welcome :]

First of all, it looks really nice! Thanks.

now for some nitpicking:
It would be more a whole if the icon text would be the same as the channel, there's enough space to put 'Backup Loader Channel' there, although it would be 2 lines then. That way you could make the word Loader blue instead of Channel.

And while you're at it you might change the world channel in the top right with a capital 'C' for consistency?

As i said, its nitpicking but i would like it better
smile.gif

Cheers

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha well i appreciate your feedback none-the-less. Unfortunately for making "Backup Loader Channel" appear in the icon animation... I couldnt pull that off just yet. For whatever reason the second image is only allowed to be a certain size, and its a tiny tiny little sliver compared to how large the first image can be (which fits the whole channel icon).

It's odd, but determined by the blyt animation file for the icon. Ive tried figuring out how to change the size constrains on the second image, but had no such luck. As it stands, all custom channels aside from The Homebrew Channel have to follow these image size limitations. It's quite a pain.

long story short, "Backup Channel" is all i could fit without making the text ridiculously small lol.

harroway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Forsaekn said:
haha well i appreciate your feedback none-the-less. Unfortunately for making "Backup Loader Channel" appear in the icon animation... I couldnt pull that off just yet. For whatever reason the second image is only allowed to be a certain size, and its a tiny tiny little sliver compared to how large the first image can be (which fits the whole channel icon).

It's odd, but determined by the blyt animation file for the icon. Ive tried figuring out how to change the size constrains on the second image, but had no such luck. As it stands, all custom channels aside from The Homebrew Channel have to follow these image size limitations. It's quite a pain.

long story short, "Backup Channel" is all i could fit without making the text ridiculously small lol.

Cheers nonetheless
smile.gif

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh Really? I apologize mate, from where I got the banner image it was credited to Tgames. Also I made the icons myself so I'm not sure if what you say is accurate.

If you looked through the archive as well, you'll see that I noted the creditworthy, even in the readme's.
smile.gif

EDIT: After a bit of trolling I've confirmed that you are the original creator of the banner image and not Tgames. Thank you for clearing that up and I've given you credit accordingly. Great work on that image!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shadowmoses said:
Actually i created the banner and icons, not you or tgames ! so be honest with what you done

I had just sent him a PM about that to correct it in the post as i knew i had played about with that banner in photoshop to remove the word beta for Tgames and i knew he hadnt made it but i was trying to find who did to get the credit pointing to you Shadowmoses - I remember the confusion with the name on the thread.

Genuine mistake on Forsaekn's part and well done to him on this launcher. Im sure Shadowmoses would make a new banner icon for this loader if you asked him nicely
biggrin.gif

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This directly boots games with the default settings (default language, no video forced, default hooktype, and ocarina off).

You would have to hold B during load to bring up the configuration menu and Force it NTSC. I could modify the source to do it automatically but it would be in everyone's best interest to boot using the output for their TV (default). I assume you want to Force NTSC for an imported or region patched game?

If you would like me to create a special version just for you I could, I'd just need to find some time.

bantheradio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't have time, don't worry about it.

This is a great modification but I figured some people would have quite a few PAL backups and might need to have force ntsc always on thusly defeating the purpose of it.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shadowmoses said:
thanks djaz
yeah actually if someone want a custom banner from the original (or another style) you can ask me! i will try my best

Are you getting me back for typo'ing your name ?
tongue.gif

Shadowmoses is great at the banners so he is the man to go to for your own banner for this version

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope! following the flow of the program that change would actually do nothing haha. To make Forced NTSC the videomode for booting directly you would have to change:

configbytes[1] = 0x00;

to

configbytes[1] = 0x04;

in the processwpad() function of geckomenu.c. It's near the top of the function, in the showmenu IF statement.

If you need Forced NTSC with the VIDTV patch on change it to 0x05.

EDIT: here I whipped em both up in case you needed a version that forced NTSC with the vi patch on. Enjoy http://www.mediafire.com/file/dgqz5dmgokn/Force_NTSC.rar

If you wanna use the channel with either of these versions inject one into it with autoinjectuwad

bantheradio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll see if I can compile it myself. I've had some difficulties using devkitPro.

EDIT: Thanks. I'll be injecting that soon. On an unrelated note, what exactly does the vi patch and hooktype do?

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the vi patch fixes some issues with tvs displaying incorrectly. basically dont use it unless the standard Forced NTSC doesnt work. Hooktype is for (if im right) USB Geckos for debugging, and is irrelevant to the standard user.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu