Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
504x_custom_1249305684270_modern-wa.jpg

You'd think that they'd bring Modern Warfare 2 to the Wii. But instead, we get a DS version!

QUOTE said:
The latest DS-version of Modern Warfare will include multiplayer and horde modes, Activision announced today.

Modern Warfare: Mobilized is being developed by n-Space for a Nov. 10 release. Previous DS titles by n-Space include Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: World at War and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

Mobilized will have gamers fighting on the ground, hacking into enemy computer terminals, controlling tanks and UAV spy drones and manning the guns of an AC-130 gunship.

The title, which will have its own storyline, will include six-player online multiplayer mode, and a Survival Mode that has players trying to hold off waves of oncoming enemies. Finally, Arcade Mode has players going through the single-player campaign with a time limit and running score.

News Source: Kotaku

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rock Raiyu said:
The title, which will have its own storyline, will include six-player online multiplayer mode, and a Survival Mode that has players trying to hold off waves of oncoming enemies. Finally, Arcade Mode has players going through the single-player campaign with a time limit and running score.

Atleast their making a specialized CoD game for the DS. I guess they realized that CoD5 had some decent success with good reviews and decided to actually make an effort.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
Wtf... NO WIFI!!!

QUOTE(Rock Raiyu @ Aug 3 2009, 10:18 AM) The title, which will have its own storyline, will include six-player online multiplayer mode, and a Survival Mode that has players trying to hold off waves of oncoming enemies. Finally, Arcade Mode has players going through the single-player campaign with a time limit and running score.

That should answer your question.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll probably just get it for the Survival Mode... Especially if it's four players and the "oncoming enemies" are of the undead variety.
hmlolkz3.png

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Domination said:
Hm.... WAW was pretty good.... I wonder if the developers will make it more like WAW or CoD4...

w/e... this game looks pretty cool. Tanks!

It'll probably be more like CoD4 since its the same developers. The CoD games swap between Infinity Ward and Treyarch. This time its Infinity Ward (who I think does the games infitively better, no pun intended).

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Domination said:
Hm.... WAW was pretty good.... I wonder if the developers will make it more like WAW or CoD4...

w/e... this game looks pretty cool. Tanks!

It'll probably be more like CoD4 since its the same developers. The CoD games swap between Infinity Ward and Treyarch. This time its Infinity Ward (who I think does the games infitively better, no pun intended).
Treyarch is working on Call of Duty 7 I hear, which is set in Vietnam. The way I see it, Infinity Ward works on the Modern Warfare games and Treyarch work on non-modern games like WWI, WWI, Vietnam War etc.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds cool to me. I didn't much care for the first Modern Warfare on DS, but I think they fixed most of the problems with WaW DS -- the main issue being the zoom-in feature. The wording of that article, however, doesn't quite clarify whether or not the survival mode will be playable online. Hope it is, though, 'cause that could be good fun.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hopefully this wont be crap like the others....

i just didn't like the others, never caught my attention, but by the looks of things this will be good.

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Six player online FPS?
On the DS?

That's new. Usually it's only 4 players. I hope they add in more modes, like CTF.

I also hope there will be bots available. If not for online, at least local, like MPH.

I'll be waiting for this.

janouis

Trophies
XP
Country
This is a good news for me i really lyk FPS games on the ds... I played WAW and modern warfre and it's damn good.. i'll keep an eye on dis one..
yaynds.gif

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
will include six-player online multiplayer mode

That's awesome! I remember being addicted to the online matches in Call of Duty: World at war for months. I hope they bring the shotgun back for this one, it wasn't in WaW

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
World at War was a decent game. I enjoyed going online and facing random people, even connected with some friends. Played with my cousin. And the horde mode will definitely make it more fun. By horde mode I'm almost 100% sure they mean where you get swarmed by enemies and stuff?

But yeah, it's good they will have another, and 6 players online. That's 2 more than the World at War.
I guess this game is going to build on top of World at War in many ways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over