Hardware Modern Warfare High Resolution Texture Packs Wont Install

Spider_Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I've tried searching high and low and can't seem to find a solution, I've tried contacting Activision but like others, you get no reply off them.

I have Modern Warfare (2019) and when I insert the disc and install it's data, when I boot it prompts me to install the latest update in order to play, so I do and it changes the Modern Warfare tile to WarZone.

I then boot the game and now it tells me I have to download all the Modern Warfare Packs individually, so I do this and install all game packs relating to Modern Warfare.

Here is where I start having problems, in the Install section I see all the Modern Warfare packs are installed, I head over to the Modern Warfare High Resolution Texture Packs and they all say Uninstalled, I click each one that takes me to PSN Store to download them, so I set them to download.

Once downloaded they appear in the Downloads section as completed and Installed, return to the game and it says Uninstalled, click them again and takes me to PSN Store again which starts downloading them again.

So I try close the game and install them all before booting the game, again they show as complete and installed.

If I click the options button over the WarZone tile and view details, it shows the High Resolution Packs and the overall game size has increased.

I boot up the game and check the install pack section and again High Resolution Packs are showing as Uninstalled, I check the game and now shows the overall install size has decreased.

Tried multiple ways of installing this game and the texture packs and I've found as soon as I boot the game up, it automatically keeps deleting the texture pacls.

I am on the latest FW and have the latest updates and am using a PS4 Pro (not base model which i know these texture packs don't support).

Has anyone else had problems with this game automatically deleting texture packs.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only things I can think of are to look for the dlc in system settings/memory management or whatever it's called. then, check game version by highlighting the game, then going to I think information (should say which update is being detected). other than that, I don't know.

Spider_Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only things I can think of are to look for the dlc in system settings/memory management or whatever it's called. then, check game version by highlighting the game, then going to I think information (should say which update is being detected). other than that, I don't know.
yea i can check that and it shows the texture packs and everything else, but as soon as i launch the game its deleting them as the overall game size is reduced and only things showing in the install history are the main game packs, texture packs auto deleting on boot.

saying that i thought id play a little and looks naff, fire textures are flat and its like the old doom games where the flat texture turns with the camera as you move, then enter a door, or should i say i see my squad mates all walk through a big red door (while its closed) and i can walk through it while its closed.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: godreborn

Spider_Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure, you've already done everything you can.
yea its bugging the hell out of me, ive even tried doing it digital only, do all the install but then says to play modern warfare i need to insert the disc, ive tried reaching out to activision and not a single reply, but seen others are still complaining about this since december 2020 i first saw people on their social media complaining to them.

activision solution, close its social media down for support and push to a shit website that doesnt work or they get your emails but dont reply nor show in your support ticket section.

Reactions: godreborn

RASN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man I have the EXACT same problem. You’re not alone, don’t worry. It’s probably a bug or something… as usual.

I am trying to install every High Resolution Texture Packs on my PS5 and as soon as I boot the game up: everything gone and deleted. I’ve tried downloading and installing multiple times with no luck… hopefully they will address this soon.

DumZy

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Same problem here with Warzone on Ps5. I have down loaded the high res data packs, but when i restart the game, it shows they are not installEd and shows the download button next To it. Maybe Ps5 dont need the high res packs? Maybe they needed only on Ps4 and Ps4 pro?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey i have the exact same problem on WARZONE with my PS5. In menu, game install section it shows that high res packs are not installed. I have down loaded the packs and installed them many times, but when i go back to the game, it shows they are NOT installEd even i just did. It just Shows the Download arrow next To it and says not installed.

Maybe PS5 dont need the High Resoluution data packs because PS5 has a better GPU/CPUthan PS4/PS4 Pro? Somaybe the data packs are only needed on Ps4?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things