Modern Warfare Franchise Is “Damaged”

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by luke_c, May 12, 2010.

May 12, 2010
  1. luke_c
    OP

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    Source.

I wholeheartedly agree.

2. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I was never interested in Modern Warfare anyway, but I can imagine that fans of the series won't buy the third installment.

3. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    I don't agree at all, I think that 90% of the people who buy the COD games not only don't know about the public sacking of Jason West and Vince Zampella, I think that even if they did know they wouldn't give a rats ass about it.

4. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Were they even going to make another Modern Warfare? I thought they wanted to do something else.

5. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    I hope they release a demo or online beta or something of Black OPs before it's released (obviously) I decide then whether it's worth buying. after the atrocity that was Modern Warfare 2 (which I'm still playing [​IMG] damn I hate myself) I won't be buying another Call of Duty game unless I can try it first the Online in MW2 is crap unbalanced and broken (don't say it's not blah blah blah prove it, okay, shooting someone in the face at point blank with a spas and stopping power, he knifes me.......I didn't miss saw the blood splatter saw the damage appear and he wasn't in painkiller, broken online) the single player also was "okay" but it wasn't anything note worthy, I think the most fun I've had in that game was in the Spec Ops missions [​IMG] that was the best part of it.

6. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    QFT. If they would have cared they wouldn't have bought World at War or be interest in Black Ops since its from another dev. So long as it says Call of Duty and had multiplayer.....$$$$$$

7. quepaso

Member quepaso GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The majority of the millions of people who buy Call of Duty have 0 clue about the things going on at activision. They just want to shoot people online with their buddies using familiar controls. Anyone thinking that this will be a huge reversal of fortune for activision hasn't a clue of who is actually buying these call of duty games.

8. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I read an article a while back saying that Infinity Ward's "end" (since they're massively deserted) won't affect Call of Duty sales. They cited that most people buy the game on brand power, not on company power. Sad, but it's true. CoD5, the game people thought "sucked", still sold a bagillion copies. CoD6, which people are now bitching about, sold even more. People will bitch and moan about CoD but it still sells on the brand.

9. gokujr1000

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    Well if they don't make Mw3 it effects the storyline as there was a mini-clifhanger and there is another characters story which has yet to go into further detail :/