Modern Day TV Question

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Prior22, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Prior22
    OP

Prior22 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    I was recently given a 40 inch Magnavox 1080p TV from someone who is looking to replace the tv with a 4k model. Problem is the television has no composite inputs. This is an issue as I have an original xbox and wii I still use.

My question is whether or not most modern 1080p television's still have composite inputs. Thanks.

PS: I'm really not impressed by the sound quality of the Magnavox. My Sony 720p 2008 model has much better sound quality than this Magnavox which was produced about two years ago. Are Sony's known for particularly good sound quality?

2. CosmoCortney

CosmoCortney The Hacker Furry

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    on the cool side of the pillow
    Maybe the green plug of the component interface supports composite. That's the case with my and my parents' TV.
    If it's unsupported on your TV you could get a composite to HDMI converter

Muffins likes this.
  3. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    You need to get Composite to HDMI and a soundbar.

4. emmanu888

emmanu888 6 years and still going strong

Jan 25, 2009
    Canada
    Victoriaville,Qu├ębec
    My TV has composite and component on the same hook up

5. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    Some modern day TV's still have composite in them. The availability of co posite might vary where you live. Here where I live, modern day HDTVs still have conposite since many cable box manufacturers use them and there are very few affordable devices here that use HDMI ports.

6. Muffins

Muffins Banned

Jun 17, 2008
    United States
    Mirrors
    As Courtney mentioned- take a look at that green plug on your Component input jack. A number of TVs these days utilize it as an AV jack for Composite instead of having a completely separate AV input. I know mine does.