Tutorial  Updated

Modding the Switch version of Streets of Rage 4

Before you start please make sure you have a hacked Switch or a Switch emulator this will not work with a stock Switch.

So you want to apply mods with the Switch version of SoR4 look no further

First you need to dump the textures and texture_table from SoR4 using something nxdumptool once you have dumped those copy that to your PC. Note when dumping the files please select "Use update/DLC" you should see something 0.0.3.0 (UPD)

2021-06-03_14-54-31.png

Now download Kuriimu2

Click on the green tick and click details

0DoElCN.png

Click on artifacts and download the one that's relevant to your operating system in my case Windows once you have downloaded that open Kuriimu2 and drag and drop the textures file onto it.

It will ask for a plugin choose the dotemu one.

aRpBMZs.png

Once opened you should see something like this

yUPgKpy.png

animatedsprites is where the sprites/textures are located lets say you wanted to modify sor4 blaze you would want to do this.

└── animatedsprites/
└── sor4/
└── playables/
└── sprsor4blaze

Extract the character you wish to edit in my case sprsor4blaze right click on the character and click extract.

TmKO5nW.png

Download this bat file and place it in the same folder as the modded files that you downloaded like this for example.

Bat file

Untitled-1.png

What this bat file does it creates folders named the same as the images and then moves them into the folders while renaming them 00.png as the Switch version of SoR4 needs them to be like that.

Once you have ran that bat file it's time to put the images into the game first in Kuriimu2 click on tools > Batch inject and scroll down until you see.

XNB (08239e71-2ef6-4e88-b0e9-fbc52116ced2)

The input is the files you extracted from the textures file and the output is the mod you downloaded click on Execute and nothing will show up in the output box that is normal and now the new images should be in the files.

Now reopen up the textures file if you closed it go to the character you extracted and right click replace and choose the files you edited (not the PNGs) the text should turn green and now save now copy over the edited textures and texture_table files back onto your Switch and now you should have edited textures.

cgzGNE4.png

Something like that should be the end result.

Thanks for reading my tutorial and enjoy the modified textures also you can find mods for SOR4 on gamebanana https://gamebanana.com/games/8173

Last edited by AyanamiRei0,

JRteam84

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Spain
Some video of how to do it is that when I get to import the images of the mod, it does not appear green, it appears orange and in the switch everything is the same, the mod is not put, I have 4 paid mods in patreon if you want them, I upload them but Can you help me with a video or pass me the file with the mods the texture_table file
I don´t understand this section ¿¿Now reopen up the textures file if you closed it go to the character you extracted and right click replace and choose the files you edited (not the PNGs) the text should turn green and now save now copy over the edited textures and texture_table files back onto your Switch and now you should have edited textures.??
PD: https://postimg.cc/mc9HgCsk AyanamiRei0 very kind :wtf:

Last edited by JRteam84,

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't just import the images PLEASE actually read the tutorial sadly it's not as simple as modding the PC version which is drag n drop

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
[QUOTE = "AyanamiRei0, post: 9532017, member: 378682"] No solo importas las imágenes POR FAVOR lee el tutorial, lamentablemente no es tan simple como modificar la versión para PC que es arrastrar y soltar [/ QUOTE]
:wtf:
English only please that's actually a rule on GBAtemp if you didn't know.

upload_2021-7-21_16-56-14.png

Kalkat5792

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@AyanamiRei0 I have all the files edited and followed the turorial. Do I just put the edited files into the romfs folder in the contents directory for sor4 like atmosphere/contents/whatever the number is for sor4/romfs?

jimkage

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there a video tutorial for this ? I have no idea what to do at the very last step, how do I copy it over to theS witch ???

nosis100285

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I run the batch file from inside the folder a black cmd windo opens saying "press any key to continue" and nothing happens?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2