PS1/2 Modding Slim PS2

RhiGhost

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Picked up a Slim PS2 over the weekend and I'm really keen to mod it. I've been having a look around at all the options but the information is all
very confusing. I read one guide that tells me one thing, then I read another that tells me the opposite!
I just want to know what is the easiest and cheapest way to do this. I want to be able to play my back ups.
I only have the console, I don't have action replay or a memory card. Action replay is VERY hard to find to buy and is in the $50+ range, so any methods that don't use that would be great.
Any advice is greatly appreicated.

The PS2 serial is #FA23****

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
My best advice is find someone in your area that will install Freemcboot on your memorycard for you. maybe post an ad on http://sydney.gumtree.com.au/ that you are looking for someone. Anyway doing that mod is really easy once you got it so dont give them more than 25$US for it
wink.gif
but at 25 you will get fast reply I am sure.

RhiGhost

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
What is the SCPH designation of the console?

QUOTEMy best advice is find someone in your area that will install Freemcboot on your memorycard for you. maybe post an ad on http://sydney.gumtree.com.au/ that you are looking for someone. Anyway doing that mod is really easy once you got it so dont give them more than 25$US for it wink.gif but at 25 you will get fast reply I am sure.

I live in a small town and unfortunately there is no one who would be able to do this for me, I've been searching for modders in my local area for months.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
The 007 Agent under fire mod is probably the best way to go. I don't know how easy it'd be for you to find it, but I picked it up for $4, the flash drive I already had, but you could get one for roughly $10, and a stack of blank DVD-Rs ought to do you.
tongue.gif
Cheapest method IMO, but you'd have to hardmod your system. Still, it worked for me.

I'd be kind enough to install MCboot for you if you'd send your MC to me, but shipping would be outrageous.
biggrin.gif

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, the only way to get FMCB in is if you have a launcher, like ulaunch...since independent exploit doesn't work on slim ps2, i think you either have to have action replay max or swap magic...

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
laugh.gif

You made another topic about modding an XBox and just replaced the word "XBox" with "Slim PS2" in this one... I noticed because the XBox one was on the home page earlier today, and remembered it when reading this one!

T...
wtf.gif

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I recommend FMCB. I'm sure you can get a pre-modded memcard online for cheap, look around.
smile.gif

That's how I got mine, there's a local online store selling them.

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
Then again Fat Ps2s go for cheap nowadays...

You could buy a Fat PS2 for around 20$ (thats about what they are worth naked) just to use the independence exploit... get FreeMCboot on your card and your going

RhiGhost

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
You made another topic about modding an XBox and just replaced the word "XBox" with "Slim PS2" in this one... I noticed because the XBox one was on the home page earlier today, and remembered it when reading this one!

I got an Xbox and PS2 on the same day at a garage sale and since I was posting about the Xbox I thought I'd see what everyone's opinoin was on PS2 modding...

Anyway, I decided I didn't have enough time to do it myself (need it for a friends birthday), so I just purchased a pre-modded mem card from ozmodchips, it was only $50 and will pay for itself lol.

I'm going to look further into all this and am thinking about offering a modding service in my local area, so thanks to everyone to replied, your info was very helpful.

gilaben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump this forum but I have a question related to this which I could really use help with.

I have a PS2 Slim (SCPH 70001). I can't find my Swap Magic disc and want to install FreeMCBoot. I plan on using the 'James Bond: Agent Under Fire' disc swap method. Will this method work with my console? I did the process on a 2003 Demo Disc compilation and on Ratchet & Clank 3 but neither of these worked. Will it work with James Bond on this Console?

If not, could I install FreeMCBBoot to my memory card from a friend's FAT PS2 and then use the Memory Card on my slim? Does FreeMCBoot allow you to switch consoles without doing any modification to the console.... Basically is it based soley on the memory card?

Thank you for any help you can offer me!

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
gilaben said:
If not, could I install FreeMCBBoot to my memory card from a friend's FAT PS2 and then use the Memory Card on my slim? Does FreeMCBoot allow you to switch consoles without doing any modification to the console.... Basically is it based soley on the memory card?

Yes; that would be a good way... FreeMCboot is a memory card mod. Its does not change your console at all...

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
Gagarin said:
For $50 you could buy Memento card (memory card plus fmcb installer). That's what I did some time ago.
Watch for dingos:)

Thats what I did and I regret. Its a waste of money. a memor32 (thats what memento card is called) does nothing more than a card with freemcboot installed comboed with a usb key (whick has GB capacity). Better investment (compared to memor32)to buy a swap magic (which might work with ps3 down the road) even if its a little more work youll have learned something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hi @AncientBoi