Hacking Modding my friend's 4.3 Wii

EmThree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm set to mod a few in a few days and it's 4.3. My friend says that all I need to do is smash stack, install HBC and then just use Darkcorp, but guides I've seen have things a lot more complicated than this.

Is this really all I need to do? I'd install Bootmii and Preloader too but yeah.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The exploit used to install HBC has been fixed, so you need to use Smashstack to install a different IOS that has that exploit so you can run the Hackmii Installer. You also need to patch an IOS so you can run the DARKCORP installer. Like bugaveli said, you'd be best off following a guide.

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
either do that, or tell your friend to deal with it if he knows so much about how to do it
smile.gif

EmThree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Burton said:
@OP Don't be lazy do all the steps LOL.

In the end you'll see the nice results.

Nothing's wrong with being curious

I've read the guide but I don't like the idea of "You may need to try this many, many times for it to work". Is it really that "unstable"?

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EmThree said:
Burton said:
@OP Don't be lazy do all the steps LOL.

In the end you'll see the nice results.

Nothing's wrong with being curious

I've read the guide but I don't like the idea of "You may need to try this many, many times for it to work". Is it really that "unstable"?

I haven't check the guide myself but I bet it is like a workaround, that's why you see those warnings.

Honestly if the guide results too difficult for you, get help from a more experienced friend or wait for a proper release from TT so you don't mess up real bad.

EmThree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've modded 4.2 Wiis just fine and can do those without even referring to a guide, so I'm guessing this isn't too difficult.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I hope everything goes fine but remember this your friend's wii and if you mess up his wii maybe you'll end paying it.

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No the reason y u c 'May have 2 try many many times...' is because MMM crashes (Code/Stack Dumps) a few times (Mostly after an install) but that's it!! lol But it works so there really isn't that much 2 worry about!! lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1