Modding help MRA and cucit boards

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by duboisbrian, Dec 8, 2010.

Dec 8, 2010
  1. duboisbrian
    OP

Newcomer duboisbrian Advanced Member

Canada
    Few Questions

i am a modder and have done about 30 rma cuts
    although iv had about 3-5 that for some reason i cant repair and its driving my crazy so i figure id look for some liteon cicuit boards

NO i dont want a place that selling the complete liteon drive (i am a modder and i am trying to maximize profit)

#1 wondering does anyone know of a good place to buy liteon circuit boards ??

# 2 this is to any other modders what is your take on "SILVER CONDUCTIVE GLUE vs SOLDERING """
    http://www.diygadget.com/accessories-1/sil...ctive-glue.html

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Buy boards- I wish. I do not really know anywhere you can pick up slim drives let alone components.

ink/glue vs solder...... ink/glue costs a fortune and is not that nice to use not to mention not that reliable unless you are well versed in use of it- I usually only use it to try and read off something or otherwise just get it working for a few weeks until I can line up a proper repair or replacement), solder is cheap and still not that nice to use (although it will probably work) oh so easy to mess up when playing solder small traces to other small traces.

3. duboisbrian
    OP

Newcomer duboisbrian Advanced Member

Canada
    thanks for the rep[ly but how weel versed do u have to be

its comes in a neddle

u have a cut trace just push out a drop of the glue on the cut ???

is it really that hard ??

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    In my experience the stuff is a bit like trying to use tippex/corrective fluid (my stuff even smells kind of similar) and unless you bake it* about as reliable as it would be if said fluid conducted electricity. It gets better if you prep the tracks and try to rough up the soldermask a bit although the same can be said for soldering. I would not want to send a drive back to a client if you just filled the hole with ink.

*if you ever see a test/back of a packet the chances are it will only be for the baked test which probably says a lot. Air dried stuff is not as good.
    Naturally you are not going to bake a 360 drive/board and if you have a heat gun of sufficient quality you can use that to solder it instead or do a pin lift.

All this being said the main use I see of this ink is trying to fix car rear windscreens (those stickers dealers put on when selling- they come off nicely with a razorblade as do parts of the heating element). I have done a few small scale electronics repairs but I can not see much use beyond the aforementioned until proper repair/replacement or prototyping.