Hacking Modding game files with Wiiscrubber - safe?

mpenguin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering if it's safe to load a game in Wiiscrubber and delete the update partition? Or shrink it? Or change it any way? Instead of just loading the .iSO and then hitting "Scrub"... can we modify it first and then scrub it?

Also, if I want to skip the opening videos, like in Ghostbusters, which has about 10 opening screens before you can actually play the game, is it safe to open it in Wiiscrubber and delete the .bik files before you scrub it?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

mpenguin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I just tried it out. I replaced the .bik files with a blank .bik file. I got to the Ghostbusters "loading" screen then it threw an error saying it was an unofficial build, blah blah blah. So, the blank .bik files no worky.

I wonder if there's any way to make it work. I'm not a programmer by any means, so maybe someone smarter than me can weigh in on a way to cut out the intro screens.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mpenguin said:
Yeah, I just tried it out. I replaced the .bik files with a blank .bik file. I got to the Ghostbusters "loading" screen then it threw an error saying it was an unofficial build, blah blah blah. So, the blank .bik files no worky.

I wonder if there's any way to make it work. I'm not a programmer by any means, so maybe someone smarter than me can weigh in on a way to cut out the intro screens.
Unofficial build. lol that weird, we replace blank .biks in Rock Band and it works fine. Probably because its the loading screen/has a CRC in it.

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
Your wii will not brake if you attempt to play a modified disk. The game will just cease to work if crucial components are removed from the disks infrastructure.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
mpenguin said:

Unofficial build. lol that weird, we replace blank .biks in Rock Band and it works fine. Probably because its the loading screen/has a CRC in it.

Dude, can you get a screen of that error? I think that's just hilarious.

mpenguin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, took a couple pics with my camera for ya'll. Maybe someone else can make sense of them.

wiierror0906170001.jpg

wiierror0906170002.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.