modding Civilization Revolution

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Roman_42, Jul 17, 2008.

Jul 17, 2008
  1. Roman_42
    OP

Newcomer Roman_42 Advanced Member

Germany
    Hi,

first I hated it, now I'm completely addicted and so I wanted to add my own culture as a playable Civ to CivRev.
    This can be done very easily. All one has to do is to open the ROM image with DSLazy/DSBuff, edit some simply ASCII text files with a standard texteditor in data/localization and repack it.

I did this to replace Germany with Austria and it works without any problems.

All you have to edit is CityNames*.txt (16 cities), CivNames*.txt (just the name of your Civ), LandmarkNames*.txt (8 Rivers/Mountains/Areas) and RulerNames*.txt (1 ruler name, in case of the Austrians for example Franz Joseph) and you're set to go.

It's not useful when the CPU is playing your modded Civ, because the leaderhead gfx and audiosamples are still the ones from the original Civ. But if you play it yourself it works nicely.

Did anyone find out how to mod the leaderhead graphics? Or the flag/border color? It would be nice to have the Austrian flag in red but replacing the English with the Austrians would be stupid since the English have mostly nautic boni and this wouldn't fit at all to the Austrians.

2. Kaan

Member Kaan GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    wow nice idea [​IMG] finally i can start to make my own civilization >:D is there more to mod? for example civ boni? because most of them suck compared to khan and that chieftain guy

3. Noitora

Member Noitora ::

Greece
    Look when was this topic created D:

4. Kaan

Member Kaan GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    well doesnt matter much does it?[​IMG] i mean the game is still great unfortunately i didnt find any tools to edit the game!