DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I wouldn't do it.
First off all achievements won't pop up sometimes with downloaded saves.
Besides, getting achievements gives that extra feel of accomplishment.

You can download saves from the web and resign them to your profile with Horizon.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To add to what DinohScene said (though I disagree on trophments -- they do little and less and arguably have led to games being worsened in some cases) MS do dislike people doing this and like to kick people/profiles off xbox live.

This might not bother you (it would certainly not bother me) but others seem to like this xbox live lark.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Aye, there have been games that where shit indeed due to developers putting more time into achievements then the game it self (also multiplayer)
Then again, I'd still not do it.
Unlocking achievements via other peoples saves just feels cheaty.

And what you said indeed, MS is known to reset gamerscore if they find it out indeed.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OP said nothing about trophments, I know it is what we usually see in 360 world but more classically (or look at the handhelds) downloadable/editable saves do have far more interesting uses. Actually if I think more the 360 probably has the most prolific save editor scene of any console in recent times, give or take technicalities like Datel powersaves.

As for time wasted on trophments I was thinking more how they have basically helped nerf the concept of in game cheats (though paid DLC cheats seem to also be a thing).

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Other then cheating, I personally don't see a use in modified saves.
Unless it's used for escalating privileges that is.

I'm kinda glad they nerfed game cheating through paid DLC and kinda am not.
Then again, cheating to me is using external modifiers or tools to give yourself an advantage, not what developers made.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Buy this DLC to unlock the game (or worse DLC for the crazy mode) vs the old model of type in this code and unlock everything (or the crazy mode) does skew towards the taking the piss side of things to me.

However I am not sure what purpose getting into a discussion of the merits of cheats will serve right now so I will leave it there.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It'll only end up derailing the entire thread ;p

As for OP, you can resign your saved with Horizon, just change the profile ID to your profile ID and yer done.
Be careful with it and don't complain when MS bans you over it.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To add to what DinohScene said (though I disagree on trophments -- they do little and less and arguably have led to games being worsened in some cases) MS do dislike people doing this and like to kick people/profiles off xbox live.

This might not bother you (it would certainly not bother me) but others seem to like this xbox live lark.

Do I need XL for multiplayer? I haven't had an X360 since my "fat" system, thinking about buying a new one. I only wanted to use saves for stuff like all levels, etc....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?