H8TR

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So I am finally going ahead and buying a 360. I always wanted to but until now I really haven't had the money to buy one as I wanted an Elite (because of HDMI) but since the Pro now has HDMI (Forza 2 & Marvel: UL too!) I now am going to get one. I got one question first. I am going to mod it as my friend is doing it free of charge (although it seems easy enough that I could do it but he's done it 20+ times). What are the chances of getting a BenQ drive? I live in Canada as you can see. Have they showed up in the U.S. or Canada yet?

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Chances are very high, I think. And if you get a Hitachi drive it will probably require some soldering. I think those are the only drives with the new models.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think you can replace the BenQ drive with a Hitachi or Samsung (you'll need the key from the BenQ).

I just found this out, so I'm browsing xbox-scene for more details.

H8TR

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My friend got a 360 Premium with HDMI last month and has a Sammy sm25. Just wanted to know my chances. If I get a BenQ, I'll just have to buy my games, no biggie.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My friend got a 360 Premium with HDMI last month and has a Sammy sm25. Just wanted to know my chances. If I get a BenQ, I'll just have to buy my games, no biggie.
Are you sure? I haven't seen anybody with the newer models getting a Samsung and no one has submitted one to the drive website. I bought an old model and it came with a Samsung drive. Still not sure if I'm going to hack it and may have been better off taking my chances with the newer models.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd like to know too. I just found unopened 360 pro for $350 posted on craigslist today afternoon.
Looks like it's gonna get sold pretty quickly, but I'd like to know if there's a way to solve BenQ drives, so if such opportunity rises again I'll grab it.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ben-Q drives can be flashed, but there is no xtreme or ixtreme firmware released for it yet. It seems that the Ben-Q firmware will be released after the fall xbox 360 update.

There is also a second option, you can get the drive key from the Ben-Q drive and put it in a brand new drive. I would suggest getting a sammy drive, inject the Ben-Q drive key, and spoof the drive.

Please read the flash method tutorial for Ben-Q drives:http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/tutorial/vad6038_tutorial.pdf

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Can you link me to the tutorial of swapping keys?
Flashing won't be a problem but I'd like to know when and how to swap the keys. ts-h943 drives aren't that expensive so I think I'll give it a try =D

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can you link me to the tutorial of swapping keys?
Flashing won't be a problem but I'd like to know when and how to swap the keys. ts-h943 drives aren't that expensive so I think I'll give it a try =D

I don't know any tutorial for key swapping, but this is what you will have to do:

You will need to to get the Ben-Q drive key using the tutorial I posted and DOSFLASH Tools. Then you will need to take that key and use Maximus 360 FW Toolbox v4.5 to inject the key to a ixtreme firmware and spoof it. You can also flash the new drive with the toolbox or use iprep.

You can get Maximus 360 FW Toolbox v4.5 and DOSFLASH Tools at X-bins.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question. If I flash now, has the firmware been changed so that MS can't detect it? Or will I get banned from Live for flashing firmware? If so, are mod chips detectable to MS?

EarthBound

a/s/l?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. If I flash now, has the firmware been changed so that MS can't detect it? Or will I get banned from Live for flashing firmware? If so, are mod chips detectable to MS?

They have a new firmware out Ixtreme,but them again you gotta patch games.
Most come pre-patched though

EDIT:Its this easy if you have an Hiatchi drive

http://www.360mods.net/News/article/sid=87.html
I didnt have a Hitachi v0078FK on my launch 360,but it still work w00t.
Im still a semi noob when it comes to the 360

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

You take the risk by flashing your dvd drive, so far ixtreme is the best firmware. Modchips are detectable too, the risk of being banned will always be there.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country