1. infiniteloser

OP infiniteloser Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I am going to be modding my wii u and currently had some games installed on an hdd is there anything i have to do. Also I'm planning on upgrading the hdd should i do that before or after i mod it. I plan on using a gamecube loader as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. infiniteloser

OP infiniteloser Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I just want to know what steps I should take

3. neoninteger

neoninteger Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    Nothing extra needs to be done if you have already purchased games and installed them, either on the internal memory or an external hard drive.

Likewise, upgrading the drive does not require any special steps (it can be done from System Settings like normal) and as such, can be done either before or after installing Haxchi or running the browser exploit.

The only thing to keep in mind is, if you wish to install Cold-boot Haxchi (CBHC) then you should ensure that the hard drive is not plugged in to your console during CBHC installation. This is to ensure that the DS game you install Haxchi over is on your console's internal memory, as CBHC does not work on games installed on external drives.

I've never tried loading GameCube games, so I'm not sure of the exact method - all I know is that the process involves creating a fake Wii Virtual Console title that contains Nintendont (a GameCube loader than runs in vWii mode on a Wii U).

Good luck! :D

jeannotte likes this.
  4. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

United States
    above all else, make sure that you do the NAND backup and keep it somewhere (relatively) safe. use multiple places to keep the backup, if at all possible.

Yes, the recovery process from a corrupt/bricked NAND requires soldering skills, but having the data at least assures it is possible to recover fully.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - existing, Modding, games