Modding A Wii Help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Intimidator88, Jan 1, 2012.

Jan 1, 2012

Modding A Wii Help by Intimidator88 at 9:15 AM (345 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Intimidator88
    OP

Member Intimidator88 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ok i bought a wii about a month ago and its been connected to internet meaning its been updated. Well i dont touch it much now so i really wanna mod it to where i can download gamecube and wii games for it to play and maybe snes,n64 games as well if its possibile?

I see the guide on 4.3 btw but a few questions

1st. How can i tell my firmware version?
    2nd. If its above 4.3 can it still be modded or downgraded?
    3rd. What all can the wii emulate? (n64,gamecube,snes ectt?)

2. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    1. In the settings menu
    2. Its not over 4.3 (its the latest)
    3. NES, SNES, N64 (although only so-so), GB etc... Im not sure as Im not really into emulators outside of SNES.
    The wii have native support for GC so no need for emulator for that (its just you cant really play it from external media, and have to use the DVD. But your Wii is by 99.9999% certainty too new for that, so youre in a bit of shit there, just like me :/ )

3. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Lucif3r pretty much answered everything but I wanna add something. The wii can pretty much emulate all old systems, just see here.
    Yeah its possible to downgrade the system menu but thats not really needed.

4. Intimidator88
    OP

Member Intimidator88 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So i wont be able to play gamecube roms on mine? Cause thats the main reason i wanna mod it cause i can always use my phone for the older systems :( If not is there a such thing as a gamecube flash card like device sorta like the n64 and snes has?

5. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    No there isnt, newer wiis dont even have gamecube ports anymore. You should check out DML, may you have luck.

6. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    yes you can run gamecube back ups from wii, just need to do further modding or getting the pieces to make it work.
    you can try the dmios/cmios (damn i hope thats right.). but this will allow you to run gamecube back up from sneek. the only downside is i think the wii has to have boot2.( don't think you have that because you got the wii a month ago, unless it was used, then my be). your second option is swiss. you'll need an adapter to use your harddrive in the sd card slot an a gc gekko card(looks like a gc memory card). or spend the 100$ an get a wode.
    personally i just go with the gc disc, they are cheap. an the back up methodes are not 100% like you know the disc are.