Hacking Modded Wii won't read DVDs

Convik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I modded my friend's Wii and everything is working fine except when I try to load backup DVDs. I used DVDs that worked on my wii on GeckoOS. I tried GeckoOS, Softchip, and NeoGamma but none of them read the discs. The disc channel read real wii dics fine. I think his wii might be too new, he said he got it for Christmas, does that mean it can't read DVDs or is there another reason?

H.K.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
make a quick search in the site and you will find out that all the Black wii's and the newest white ones have on board a chip which doesn't let backup dvd's to be played, so you can use a usb loader, just make him buy a hard disk, it is far way better than having a pile of dvd's.

Convik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya I use an external harddrive and it's way better. The site said the Wii has a 75% change of having a chipset GC2-D3-2 (v2) with no drive chip and a 25% chance the chipset is Combined GC2-D3 with no drive chip. What does that mean?

cheez203

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The new wii has the new d3-2 drive cant play backups.Only option is USB Loading and sd card loading. Bu i heard you can attach an external drive and play discs from that or something.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cheez203 said:
The new wii has the new d3-2 drive cant play backups.Only option is USB Loading and sd card loading. Bu i heard you can attach an external drive and play discs from that or something.

Yes, with uLoader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.