jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sure, I've enjoyed my Wii & all it's moion-sensing glory -
but I was made an offer:
My modded Wii for his modded 360...
unsure.gif

Please help meout and give an explanation on your post.

Thanks

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wii has no games that interest me. Mario Galaxy and Metroid look good, but that's just two games compared to my current 360 collection:

Bioshock
Madden 08
Moto GP 07
Oblivion
GRAW 2
Forza 2
Pro Evo 6
Command & Conquer 3
Crackdown
DiRT
Lost Planet
Smackdown vs Raw
Fight Night 3
Dead Rising
PGR3
FlatOut
Gears of War
Quake 4
Tomb Raider
Rainbow6 Vegas
The Darkness
Saints Row
Dead or Alive 4
NBA 2k7
Call of Duty 2 & 3
Splinter Cell Double Agent
FEAR

...and Halo3 is out in a couple of weeks
biggrin.gif

Go for the 360 mate. Just be ready to open it up to repair the RRoD.
In all honesty, it's a very simple process. Worked first time on my console and I've since bought 2 RRoD 360s, repaired them and sold them for a stupid profit.

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Keep the Wii, this xmas season the Wii is going to be the #1 hot item again, so you could sell it for alot of $. A 360 can be modded easily, so if you have an older Wii that is already modded, keep it for sure.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What Neck said. The 360 is the better modded system without a doubt, but it's also incredibly easy to do yourself as opposed to installing a chip.

King[NL]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You cant bring back the 360, when it gets broken after 2 days of playing. No warranty + you cant play online, because you'll get banned for using a modchip. So its better to stick with your modded wii and buy a new unmodded xbox 360.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
You cant bring back the 360, when it gets broken after 2 days of playing. No warranty + you cant play online, because you'll get banned for using a modchip. So its better to stick with your modded wii and buy a new unmodded xbox 360.

You can take the 360 back with your nice 3 year warranty, remove the warranty sticker with a hair dryer and reflash the original stock fw (assuming you have it backed up, epic fail if not).

You won't get banned from xbox live for having hacked fw providing you backed up your games correctly. Modchips fail with 360, simply not needed when the fw hack is free and simple to flash.

Personally I would go with the 360, don't forget you will need dual layer burner too.

I sold my Wii at a profit after I beat Zelda when they were still hard to get here. I kinda wish I didn't now because of Metorid but then I think to myself, 'what would I play after Metroid'.. nothing. Sure you've got Mario and SSBB but thats not enough for an avid gamer. Until the games pick up with more releases the Wii is just not for me.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nothing is on the wii, at the moment. The wii kept me interested for just over a month before I got bored of the wiimote gimmick. The 360 is the better deal but make sure you can claim on the warrenty if you get the red lights. Don't forget as well Nintendo are making the Wiis harder to mod.

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm leaning towards the 360 myself, though I am a die-hard Nintendo fan.

I'm really looking forward to Halo 3 (who isn't
biggrin.gif
)

I'm still having a tough time...please help...

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a tough decision. Both systems have so few good games to offer.. You can either get lame FPSes or... just crap on the Wii. But you spend less on media for the Wii, so I'd go with that.

No wait. Wasn't there some issue with the Xbox 360.. I swear something was...funny with the console.. Oh yeah, it breaks. There's where you stop thinking about a 360. You learn from the mistakes of anyone who's owned one, and don't buy/trade one.

My theory is that the console has a 100% failure rate, because everyone I know (save Earthbound from these forums, but his will break too, he just never, ever, ever plays it) has had their 360 RRoD on them. The hardware is flawed. You can't have a ridiculously powerful graphics processor cooled by a 3mm heat sink, especially when that heat sink runs flush into a DVD-rom drive.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lame FPS's? I think the 360 has some of the best FPSes personally, much better than the ones on Wii anyway (well I guess the Wii has one good one)

I need to get a 360 bad
frown.gif
I think my friends are getting sick of me leeching of their xboxs all the time.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'd go for Wii if you like the nintendo franchises like Mario and Zelda, since no other console have or will ever get them (no, CD-i doesn't count)
Especially since there are good 1st-party games coming out for the Wii soon (SMG, SSBB...) and also many good 3rd-party games that no one seems to know about.

And if the 360 is better, why would he want to trade it for your Wii?
tongue.gif

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if your a huge fps fan than an xbox360. but me i hate playing fps with the control pad. i can never aim properly. and the sensitivity of the joy pad is too high.

yeah, most people agree mouse is better tahn joypad for fps. I'm happy using either, but I can totally understand where you're coming from.

some people can seem a lit snobbish about the whole mouse/joypad thing. a pointless argument really, coz wiimote is the ultimate fps control system
cool.gif

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
like addy said you probably will not be able to find another wii that you can mod anytime soon

and the wii has manhunt 2 coming out in a month as well as super mario and red steel 2

i would just save up to buy your own 360 without trading

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
my vote goes for xbox

edit

Keep the Wii, this xmas season the Wii is going to be the #1 hot item again, so you could sell it for alot of $. A 360 can be modded easily, so if you have an older Wii that is already modded, keep it for sure.

its just a wii not a bottle of expensive wine

But if the Wii is in high demand this xmas again and its hard to find, the Wii will be like an expensive bottle of wine, just for the xmas season again.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is now about 5 days on so the original matter is probably resolved. Still I would like to offer my opinion.

Things like this have often happened to me so could I suggest a long term trade (a few months) as it really helps stopping things getting stale (I assume you are both capable of getting and making your own discs), sure live contracts could get in the way a bit (compared to me trading a PC/console with someone else) but it is a fairly easy fix.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse