Modded Wii games saves to modded Wii U: how to?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Gatesuka, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Gatesuka
    OP

Gatesuka Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2015
    Italy
    Hi all :)

Is there any way to transfer my Wii games saves to my Wii U?

I have both consoles modded and I tought I had just to copy those games saves from Wii SD card to Wii U SD card, but... the way I was wrong -_-

I really enjoy playing Wii games on Wii U but I don't feel like starting ever game I own over again...

Thank you for your help :)

2. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    Why don't you try, idk, doing a system transfer.
    Or perhaps using the copy save function

3. MarioFanatic64

MarioFanatic64 The guy who does things

Sep 13, 2009
    You should just be able to copy your game's save files from your old Wii onto the SD card in the System Settings, and then install them through the System Settings on your Wii U's vWii. Note that you'll have to have played the game on the Wii U for the save file to be transferred.

4. Gatesuka
    OP

Gatesuka Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2015
    Italy
    The fact is I have like 50 games saves, but I don't have 50 Wii games, if you know what I mean, so there's no way for me to play the "original" games on Wii U and then attempt that SD copy/paste thing...

5. rufuszombot

rufuszombot Assassin

Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    The Moon
    Regardless of whether you've played the game on the Wii U, some games that use WiFi, like Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, or Smash Bros., and some that don't just can't be moved to the SD card via the copy save function. A system transfer would work. If there's a homebrew method for this, I've never messed with it.