Hacking Modded Wii = easier for GC backups?

rhoelsch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a older GC-compatible Wii that I modded to play Wii backups via USB hdd... if I want to play backed up GC games, am I ahead of the game in any way, or do I just look for a generic Dios Mios tutorial? I don't even recall how I did the original mod, but I am using Configurable USB loader V.52. Also have BootMii Config Editor, Dop-Ios mod 11.1 and Cios 37.17 installer, if any of those will help my cause... oh, and the homebrew channel...

In a nutshell, would like to keep what's good about what I have, and not have to handle my GC discs, because they're getting harder to find/replace!

Thanks

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure Configurable is updated to the latest version (not sure if you mean v52 as in you haven't updated in ages or v70r52 [is it up to 52? last I knew was v70r51]). I'd also get ModMii and use it to make sure all your stuff is up to date on your hack.

Then you can either install DIOS MIOS to load GC games from USB (though it's a bit cranky about what drives it accepts), DIOS MIOS Lite to load GC games from an SD card, or Devolution (not nearly as cranky but requires you to verify you have original GC discs the first time you run them).

You can have Devolution and DIOS MIOS on the same system, so if you like you can try both and see what you like best (though you can't have DM and DML at the same time).

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GC games need to be on the first partition of the drive and it needs to be a FAT32 one with clustersize <=32KiB

Wii games can use that too, so yes they can share a partition
or if you want a different FS for Wii(NTFS,ext234,WBFS) you can make a seperate, second partition after that to only share the drive

5-6a means you're probably curently useing a WBFS partition to load Wii games.
You can convert that to FAT32 easily (sig).
You will probably need an updated loader/cios, but otoh you want that anyway (remod with modmii)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm finally gonna get this NAS racked and powered on tonight, install truenas core, and burn the...