Lol why do these fools make that post
Just because they think it's so I guess

Online play works fine for my Cyclowiz modded Wii

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
A Nintendo insider said: “A chipped Wii might sound cool but it is useless. The latest Wii extravaganza, seeing Mario back in a racer at the front of the pack, Mario Kart Wii, would be useless on a chipped Wii. You’ll never get the interaction or support when it all unravels. You’d have to be pretty stupid to think online gaming won’t be easily log-able in such digital days! Chip it and you brick it, as we say around the office. There is only one real Wii experience – and it doesn’t come chipped!”

Where does it say "Chipping disable on-line play." The only thing I can guess at is that they are saying pirates won't get the wheel (interaction) and that they won't get support for using a pirate copy. Not interesting.

shineget

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just scare mongering nonsense from Nintendo. it doesn't mention playing mario kart online, infact it doesn't say much specific at all.

i'm playing a back up copy of mario kart with a wiikey online just fine.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He says they're logging who is playing online. Clearly if you're playing before the release date you're likely a pirate who got the early leak. Especially if you're playing the PAL version from the USA before the PAL release date.

Use your heads people.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FTFA: "non-descript home actually housed sophisticated counterfeiting apparatus – including an industrial unit to churn out rogue console chips."

Sounds like they're hyping up someone with a home built PIC programmer. Hell, I have one of those. They'll spin it how they want though I suppose.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Hooya: And what are the omitted results supposed to show me?

Why were you 'wrong?'
unsure.gif

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
Not even bothered reading that, but if they're banning people with copied games they're being pretty slow in doing so...

vertabray

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
If nintendo offered a 1/2 decent online system this would bother me.

Dont get my wrong, I love my wii but Nintendo's online "thing" is a joke. WTF can games not just uses ur Wii code instead of every game having their own and why can I add a friend then msg them instead of trying to get them to add me as well...sorry old wounds I know.........
mad.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
Hooya: And what are the omitted results supposed to show me?

Why were you 'wrong?'
unsure.gif

Well, it doesn't look like you need to click on the omitted results anymore. It's just to show that the story "press release" or whatever has got around the net, all around the same time. So it's not like that one blog was making it up. I had earlier in that post hypothesized that the blog in question was purporting to be the source, but I was wrong and edited the post to say so. If you hadn't read the post before I edited it I can see why it wouldn't make sense. At any rate, I don't believe the blogger linked in the OP is completely fabricating this, although there's no way to verify as the organization he cites doesn't have a press release section on their website that's up to date.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Twiffles said:
Probably fake, why is the background of that website a screenshot of de_dust2? >_>
I don't know how reliable this place is, but the press release is here as well:
http://www.gamespress.com/latest.asp

If they ban me, I'll just try and weasel out with the "But Reggie, I used Freeloader!"

UchihaItachi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why Nintendo to do something like that? The Mario Kart sold 300000 discs in Japan and most of Nintendo's money are coming from Wii's sells.

Without a doubt, this is fake!

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
metroid_phobia said:
UchihaItachi said:
Why Nintendo to do something like that?

Because modded wii's are hurting game sales?

Microsoft did it, I'm sure Nintendo can do it also. But i believe this is fake.

Original copies always 'outsell' pirate ones by at least 5 to 1, of most games ... and with major titles, it's more like 25 to 1.

Piracy is not as wide-spread as many people believe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters