Modded by bro's wii, everything works but weird wad manager proble

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Servdogg, May 9, 2009.

1. Servdogg
    OP

Member Servdogg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I modded my brothers wii to be basically the same as mine. I followed the same procedure on both wiis, but for some reason on my brothers wii, wad manager crashes often during installs. It will install some wads okay, but usually the second wad you try to install code dumps before the install completes. I know it's not a corrupted wad manger file, because the same problem occured on two versions of wad manager on my bro's wii, while the same two wad managers worked flawlessly on mine. It also is not an sd card problem because my sd card with my brother's wii caused the same problem. Everything else on his wii seems to be working great, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or knows what could be the possible cause. It might be related to CIOSrev 9-10, because with these installed, wad manager code dumps, but when I install CIOSrev 7, the wad manager works again. I can't make much sense of this either through, because I have CIOS rev 10 installed and wad manager works fine with my setup. The only other difference between my wii and my bro's wii is that he was initally on 3.1 before modding, while I was on 3.2. When I tried to run IOS downgrader before using anyregionchanger to install 3.2, i got some error message. I assumed this was because there was nothing to downgrade since he was on 3.1 and went ahead with the rest of the proceedure anyway. Then I got IOS downgrader to work after CIOScorp and preloader had been installed. Could this breech of proceedure be the source of my bro's problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Wack0

Member Wack0 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    you have to install cioscorp again if you ran ios downgrader after cioscorp install ..

3. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Oh crap! Cioscorp has nothing to do with it. The only IOS that matters is the running IOS while using WAD Manager, and that's the cIOS(IOS249).

I bet your brother has some gamecube or usb hardware connected, or network set to lan adapter. If not, i have no idea where the error comes from.

4. steve-p

Member steve-p GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    what the hell are you doing exactly?

first, cioscorp is pointless on 3.1 or 3.2 because the ios have the bugs in anyway.
    second, you go from 3.1 to 3.2 you just need a game with 3.2 or 3.1-v4 on it and a couple of wads.

you really went about this in a long and strange way - i'm not surprised there are so many bricks on this forum!

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    I'm not surprised of the brick rate too. You seem not to understand what cioscorp is good for. It allows you to play backups from the disc channel without modchip. It's only a sideeffect that all IOS then contain the trucha bug.

6. Servdogg
    OP

Member Servdogg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well steve-p, I was obviously trying to do a lot more than simply upgrade to 3.2. I know that I can do that with a wii game, but thanks for the help. Basically, I was trying to set my bro up with backup loading through the disc channel, emulator wads, usb loader, preloader, mplayerce, gc backup launcher. And everything has been installed successfully. And nothing has been bricked at all, I'm merely getting code dumps sometimes with wad manager.
    The reason why it is wierd is because I used the exact same process with the exact same files to mod my wii, and wad manager works great, but on my bro's it does not.

Thanks for your help, Wiipower, because I know you know your shit. I think he probably is set up for a lan connection (because that is what I use), but so am I, and have no problems. Could my original IOS249wad be corrupted, or is this completely overwritten everytime you install a new CIOS?
    Would it help to try to reinstall a new one?