NULL

WIP Modchip Software: Simple-UF2 with SWITCHBOOT. Save fuses without AutoRCM

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by mattytrog, Dec 18, 2018.

?
  1. None - Leave as it is

10.3%
  2. Add payload to hekate_ipl.ini

13.8%
  3. Dump All Keys

13.8%
  4. Backup BOOT0/1/PRODINFO to safe location / Restore from safe location

3.4%
  5. Choose backup folder to use

24.1%
  6. Dump package 1/2

10.3%
  7. Print fuse info

13.8%
  8. Print EMMC info

20.7%
  9. Print SD card info

69.0%
  10. Screenshot

24.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mattytrog
    OP

mattytrog You don`t want to listen to anything I say.

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Argon is good I agree.

However this started as a project to just launch payloads from a SAMD chip. It's took a year of pissing around and trying different things to get to this stage.

I wanted an approach that had zero dependencies and would just launch payload.bin.

Then we started with hekate as a base and bolted bits on and chopped bits off until it got to this thing we have now.

There are probably only about 10 people who use it in the world. But we try and do our best.

Argon is brilliant for an end user. Even a child could touch an icon to boot sxos. That's what makes argon brilliant.

The bits and bobs added are just things I have used day to day to unbrick these pissing consoles.

Ctcaer would probably skin me alive. That's why I wanted to call it something different. I didn't want to tarnish the "hekate" brand with my stuff.

I probably do things in the "wrong" way by today's standards. But if one person finds it useful then brilliant.

Adr990 and peteruk like this.
  2. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    There's no right or wrong way to do anything, as long as it works and does what it's supposed to - that's all that matters. Your payload is very good, and I'm sure their are far more than 10 people using it.

Once you finish messing about with your payload, I think one thing that would make Argon-nx better - would be the ability to launch ini files as well as payloads, personally I don't have the skill or time just now to do that, but if you ever get bored and fancy a challenge - it would be good if you could add that feature. It's no big deal if you can't though as I can always launch ini files via your payload/hekate or another payload, but it would save needing to launch that extra payload for me (and others that use argon-nx) as their main payload that's flashed to their chip.

3. metaljay

metaljay GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2012
    I know of at least 4 people who use it at my work as I’ve referred them to this thread
    Switch hacking isn’t in the mass, but for those that have modchips I can assure you they all know of your hard work my friend.
    I’m trying to figure out how I get this to work with my external dongle currently, I’ll get there

4. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Very kind of you! What dongle you trying to get running?

5. metaljay

metaljay GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2012
    An external switchme, when I plug it in I have to press the button to inject rather than inject upon plugging in. I think I did a video in this thread earlier

6. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    All you need to do is use one of the old method3(pin2) or legacy3(pin4) uf2s and connect pin 2 or 4 to D+ or D-. Chip should reset upon plugging in.

7. metaljay

metaljay GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2012
    Can you simplify that for us mortals? haha

8. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Yep. Wire pin 2 or pin 4 to a USB data pin. Not 5v or GND though. D+ or D-

9. metaljay

metaljay GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2012
    Can you mark up on the photo where i need to solder what to be able to use your software?
    [​IMG]

10. lemmings123

lemmings123 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2010
    Hi Matty. Thanks for the clear instructions. Have modded two switches a few months ago so decided to update the uf2s. One switch is 4 wire method. One switch is joycon strapped. Both AutoRCM. Im sure its mentioned here already somewhere but cant seem to find any info on it. If I want to charge them can I charge them when they're off? Both boot back into RCM/battery drain mode rather than shutting down like they used to. Previously when I shutdown it would push the payload again to properly shutdown. As long as the USB was in then it would charge normally when off. Now they both just reboot back into rcm with the cable in. If I plug the usb in after then it boots into RCM as expected. Thanks

11. kermit84

kermit84 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2019
    Germany
    I see new methods is here ?

Can i flash my license.dat into the trinket and never i need copy it again ? I was read a things about license.dat for sxos

I will soldering the best method with all options and lile autorcm but without autorcm can i say my problem exactly so ?

I hope i get a help , which method is the best for soldering not on easy or hard i will all options enabling like usb strap etc.

greets

12. Adr990

Adr990 To boldly go where no man has gone before!

Apr 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Useful, what's it called?

To be more ontopic too:
    How can I set Switchboot to avoid autobooting the payload.bin? (without holding volume -)
    I always want it to boot into the Switchboot/Hekate menu first, just in case.
    Yet I'd still like to have it load the CFW by selecting load FW>CFW.

Last edited by Adr990, May 25, 2019
  13. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    It's a TQFP48 clamshell, for your other questions - best asking mattytrog as he coded Switchboot & posted install pics.

Adr990 likes this.
  14. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Easy. Rename payload. Bin to something else...

Put your payloads wherever you like on SD

Go to payload/Linux/INI menu

Add file to boot list

Browse to your payload

Select it...

Go to main menu... Boot firmware... Your payload will be there
    Launch by selecting it

Adr990 likes this.
  15. metaljay

metaljay GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2012
  16. VRExql

VRExql Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2019
    United States
    Hello, I see that this is an amazing work.
    I have a problem. I have a RCM X86 (v3) dongle, so... Is there a file for this dongle that launches Fusee-primary payload (not hekate)? I see a lot of files in GitHub and I do not understood very well it.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

17. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Yes. Use Fusee-UF2. Read the modchip software thread and Fusee-UF2 should solve your prob

peteruk likes this.
  18. VRExql

VRExql Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2019
    United States
    Thank you for you help but I downloaded the file "RCMX86_DONGLE_FUSEE_UF2_V3.UF2", flashed the .uf file in my dongle and then put fusee-primary.bin as payload.bin on sd root.
    But it does not work, what is wrong?

19. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I do not have a RCMX86 dongle to test. Will take a look with my homemade dongle

20. metaljay

metaljay GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2012
    did you get chance to look at my poor attempt at a dongle? :cry: