Hacking WIP [Trinket] [Rebug] [Others] SWITCHBOOT_UF2 / FUSEE_UF2 modchip software

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@mattytrog
Hi, is the function to enable and disable the chip active again?

best regards
No. But Ill make a special version just for you and post it in-thread.

I`m thinking 30 seconds long-press on vol to disable the chip and another 30 to enable again. You will see the code is in the main ino (in long_press.h). I have just not enabled it.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sounds like a fuse mismatch to me. Feel free to PM me if you are struggling :)
You stay being awesome, along with the rest of you helpful people.

Well, so, this is what happened step by step:
I boot into OFW normally, using the Hekate option to do so, making sure everything's fine. Great.

I plug in a different eMMC board, and try to "restore" boot 0/1 and my rawnand to it. Boot 0/1 worked, the rawnand not so much. So I give up for now, plug in the original eMMC module and test the system again, works fine. Cool.

I boot into SX create a EmuNAND, takes a while, and couldn't boot into EmuNAND afterwards, got a black screen. It seems my low FW 3.0.2 wasn't supported on the latest SX OS, so I downgraded to SX 2.3 Beta, this is the most recent version that worked.

I boot into EmuNAND, very cool.
I had changed my OFW's theme to White. So I can change my EmuNAND to the Dark theme, and tell the difference.

I connected my Joycons to the Switch, click, click.
They work fine, the right joycon has the RCM button bridge mod.

I was ready to load up some Brew and mess around, I turn off the system, wait a bit, and pull out the SD card to load some stuff onto it.

Now, with the joycons connected and the SD card plugged in I boot the system up again.
Nothing happens. This happens before, not being able to boot to EmuNAND and powering off, but maybe not pressing the power off button for long enough or something.

Anyways, charging a bit, waiting a bit without charging. Nothing changed, joycons are no longer attached to the Switch. Been a day, still no change.
No LEDs, no screen, no fan spin, nothing.

If you can think of anything, I'm all ears!

Reactions: Romain80200

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You stay being awesome, along with the rest of you helpful people.

Well, so, this is what happened step by step:
I boot into OFW normally, using the Hekate option to do so, making sure everything's fine. Great.

I plug in a different eMMC board, and try to "restore" boot 0/1 and my rawnand to it. Boot 0/1 worked, the rawnand not so much. So I give up for now, plug in the original eMMC module and test the system again, works fine. Cool.

I boot into SX create a EmuNAND, takes a while, and couldn't boot into EmuNAND afterwards, got a black screen. It seems my low FW 3.0.2 wasn't supported on the latest SX OS, so I downgraded to SX 2.3 Beta, this is the most recent version that worked.

I boot into EmuNAND, very cool.
I had changed my OFW's theme to White. So I can change my EmuNAND to the Dark theme, and tell the difference.

I connected my Joycons to the Switch, click, click.
They work fine, the right joycon has the RCM button bridge mod.

I was ready to load up some Brew and mess around, I turn off the system, wait a bit, and pull out the SD card to load some stuff onto it.

Now, with the joycons connected and the SD card plugged in I boot the system up again.
Nothing happens. This happens before, not being able to boot to EmuNAND and powering off, but maybe not pressing the power off button for long enough or something.

Anyways, charging a bit, waiting a bit without charging. Nothing changed, joycons are no longer attached to the Switch. Been a day, still no change.
No LEDs, no screen, no fan spin, nothing.

If you can think of anything, I'm all ears!
Your emmc needs rebuilding from scratch would be my guess.
Something is missed. Can you inject a payload?

Adr990

Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Your emmc needs rebuilding from scratch would be my guess.
Something is missed. Can you inject a payload?
I can't seem to get it into RCM mode.

Can I make a adapter to plug the eMMC board into and then read/write to it with a SD Card reader, since it's eMMC? If that would be enough to rebuild it?
(A male slimtech/hirose 40mm molex board-to-board connector to SD interface)
Or is there some kind of freaky protection on it that would require the original system to access it?

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't seem to get it into RCM mode.

Can I make a adapter to plug the eMMC board into and then read/write to it with a SD Card reader, since it's eMMC? If that would be enough to rebuild it?
(A male slimtech/hirose 40mm molex board-to-board connector to SD interface)
Or is there some kind of freaky protection on it that would require the original system to access it?
All you really need is boot0/1 & prodinfo, together with BIS keys.

If you have another switch, you can plug the board into that and then restore any backups via hekate, of course using your backups from the faulty console. You obviously cannot do much else as keys are different.

It will not boot or anything, but you should be able to read and write to it. hacdiskmount will work too using your faulty switch keys.

So, basically you would be using the donor switch merely as a emmc "vessel".

Adr990

Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
All you really need is boot0/1 & prodinfo, together with BIS keys.

If you have another switch, you can plug the board into that and then restore any backups via hekate, of course using your backups from the faulty console. You obviously cannot do much else as keys are different.

It will not boot or anything, but you should be able to read and write to it. hacdiskmount will work too using your faulty switch keys.

So, basically you would be using the donor switch merely as a emmc "vessel".
I figured as much. Welp, I would need a donor Switch that isn't iPatched.

I don't know anyone close by who would be willing to let me void their warrenty and mess with their Switch to use it as a quick donor.

If you think it has a viable chance, and feel up to it... ;)
I could just put my eMMC board into a envelope and send it over to you, shipping wouldn't be much of a roadblock either in that case.
I can just PM you my dumps, I got everything backed up, didn't miss a thing, afaik. I even backed up the "user partition" separately.

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I figured as much. Welp, I would need a donor Switch that isn't iPatched.

I don't know anyone close by who would be willing to let me void their warrenty and mess with their Switch to use it as a quick donor.

If you think it has a viable chance, and feel up to it... ;)
I could just put my eMMC board into a envelope and send it over to you, shipping wouldn't be much of a roadblock either in that case.
I can just PM you my dumps, I got everything backed up, didn't miss a thing, afaik. I even backed up the "user partition" separately.
You could... But I`d have no way of testing.

Would be better to send the whole unit. Infinitely better.

Reactions: Adr990

TheSearch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No. But Ill make a special version just for you and post it in-thread.

I`m thinking 30 seconds long-press on vol to disable the chip and another 30 to enable again. You will see the code is in the main ino (in long_press.h). I have just not enabled it.

cool, thank you

look forward to it, can not wait :)

Trophies
XP
Thanks for all the work you put into this. I ordered a trinket m0 today and will be trying your firmware. I will be doing an external dongle so what file should I use? Also I want to use the mode allowing me to change between 8 bin files. You mention your going to post offsets to enable these modes. Where do I do that I did you post them. (Not sure what to change it to).

Last edited by Deleted member 482547,

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
cool, thank you

look forward to it, can not wait :)
Here we are. Try this.

Hold vol+ for around 30 seconds to enable / disable the chip

This will not disable the fuse-saving part (ie the UF2 bootloader). That will always work.

Attachments

• chipdisable.zip
    149.3 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: TheSearch

devmehta912

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I've installed the modchip(trinket m0) with only joycon and usb strap and now I am not able to update trinket m0's software as it does not recognize it after double pressing reset button. I am on software 0.9.9r41, can someone help me

TheSearch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

Thank you so much,
I'll try it right now

So it tried now, it seems as if the chip can be deactivated as soon as I flash the new UF.2.

But activating and booting into the CFW or Hekate he does not anymore.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@mattytrog

still as info i use the TRINKET_LEGACY3_Method.

Modchip Payload Setting: 1
Modechip Mode Setting: 1
USB Strap Detected: NO
VOL+ Strap Detected: NO
Joycon Strap Detected: YES

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So it tried now, it seems as if the chip can be deactivated as soon as I flash the new UF.2.

But activating and booting into the CFW or Hekate he does not anymore.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@mattytrog

still as info i use the TRINKET_LEGACY3_Method.

Modchip Payload Setting: 1
Modechip Mode Setting: 1
USB Strap Detected: NO
VOL+ Strap Detected: NO
Joycon Strap Detected: YES
The chip should be active by default. You need to keep vol+ held for around 30 seconds. You will see red and blue LEDs, then it will enable. Or disable if enabled.

Trophies
XP
Thanks for all the work you put into this. I ordered a trinket m0 today and will be trying your firmware. I will be doing an external dongle so what file should I use? Also I want to use the mode allowing me to change between 8 bin files. You mention your going to post offsets to enable these modes. Where do I do that I did you post them. (Not sure what to change it to).

This get here today. Can someone please tell me what file to use and how to edit the offsets.

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
modeoffset.jpg
This get here today. Can someone please tell me what file to use and how to edit the offsets.
OK... I refer you to the below diagram. Use HxD to edit the UF2 file. Save, drag back to chip.

Last edited by mattytrog,

TheSearch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The chip should be active by default. You need to keep vol+ held for around 30 seconds. You will see red and blue LEDs, then it will enable. Or disable if enabled.
Yes that's right, and works too.

But he charges when he is no longer active the payload.bin and also not Hekate ..

The chip does not respond and the SWITCH always starts normally in the original firmware

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes that's right, and works too.

But he charges when he is no longer active the payload.bin and also not Hekate ..

The chip does not respond and the SWITCH always starts normally in the original firmware

The chip isn`t meant to respond.

I think we have our wires crossed here!

The "disable chip" feature will NOT enable a normal boot. To enable a normal boot, or go from normal boot & dual-boot to permanent CFW boot, you need to download the correct UF2 bootloader. Go to my GIT and download a "switchboot part 1" file.

I`m in the process of updating the OP.

Trophies
XP
View attachment 161141
OK... I refer you to the below diagram. Use HxD to edit the UF2 file. Save, drag back to chip.
Thank you so much. Since this is an external dongle I should treat it as method 1 correct? Pin 1 is my switch I will need to connect to ground to toggle payload? Looking at the files I'm not 100% sure what uf2is considered for the external install I don't think I need swiftboot since of how it's installed but there is a rebug legacy and generic. I think I ruled out the method 3 file since it's method 1?

Last edited by Deleted member 482547,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s