picstruck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a D2C Wii with firmware 3.2U that bricked from a bad theme
-I accidentally uninstalled preloader and the twilight hack before bricking but I have starfall installed(which doesn't help at all right now)
-I tried installing an update from original disc through nintendo's recovery menu but it didn't install anything and just played the game
-I can't find any way to fix this

If I install this modchip
http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/wii-sol...ckey-p-250.html
can I use a BURNED disc that has wad manager in it so i can install a firmware update to fix it
-If that won't work, will my wii at least be able to play burned games through recovery menu or starfall

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you got the HBC??

I'd install that from the ISO cause you have a modchip and you're on 3.2.

Is it a semi brick? I'm not sure what you're trying to do or how bad your problem is...?

picstruck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a full brick, i have HBC installed but no way to get into it
-I don't have the modchip yet, first i wanna know if it's going to work with the modchip
-I currently have no way to play burned games

*what i want to know is if i will be able to play burned games if i install the modchip on my bricked wii and use nintendo's recovery menu using the Gamecube controller hack*

Thanks for your help

picstruck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok then I'm going to buy the chip to see if it works(fingers crossed)
I just thought that maybe chips don't work through nintendo's recovery menu

Coburn64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If it's a full brick, most likely it won't play games either even via a modchip.

Modchips have a high chance of screwing your Wii up more in Recovery menus...

picstruck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i already ordered it a while ago
I can play original games through the recovery menu but they won't update probably cause i have starfall installed too
this is my last hope for my Wii to be fixed and if it doesn't work I'll only be able to play original games(that means no hombrew,virtual console, or wiiware)

Coburn64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why not just play it safe, get your Wii fixed at modchip store, and load your burned games via Wii Backup Loader or something like that...

Softmodding your Wii is better than actually hardmodding your Wii...

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coburn64 said:
Why not just play it safe, get your Wii fixed at modchip store, and load your burned games via Wii Backup Loader or something like that...

How is that? Hardmodding it would be better. Can fix bricks easier and can load games at fullspeed.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lexip; said:
Coburn64 said:

How is that? Hardmodding it would be better. Can fix bricks easier and can load games at fullspeed.
usbloader
smile.gif

(sorry this has nothing to do with this specific case just in general if u have a normal working wii)

picstruck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it doesn't have autoboot then I can't use it through starfall or nintendos recovery menu?
-can anyone that has the chip confirm if it works through starfall or nintendos recovery menu please

I read in some topic that any chip could autoboot

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
picstruck said:
If it doesn't have autoboot then I can't use it through starfall or nintendos recovery menu?
-can anyone that has the chip confirm if it works through starfall or nintendos recovery menu please

I read in some topic that any chip could autoboot

Don't know why but I had really hard time trying to unbrick my wii (with d2c pro, d2ckey clone...)
Only I was able to use autoboot discs when I replaced the drive with a wiikey2 modded one... but of course this was only me...

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Hiya just to add my 2 pence,

You tryed auto booting zelda from recovery menu then reinstall 3.3v1 with wad manager then just downgrade the wii again with ARC
Or get flatmii and auto boot that way

You can fix this easy with the right tools

If you need my help PM me

npjunior2009

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
here my Wii was with brick, i used the disk and i deleted everything as VI in tutorial, and now when i don't really care is direct black screen? What to do? If i try to install the devs disk from an error - 2011. Someone could help me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?