Modchip minus the mod?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by GeekyGuy, Jul 14, 2007.

Jul 14, 2007

Modchip minus the mod? by GeekyGuy at 8:27 PM (954 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    We just purchased our brand-spankin' new Wii yesterday, and I wouldn't trust myself to solder anything into it. I'm also doubting I could find anyone in my area I'd trust to do it (I'm in Georgia). So, I'm wondering if there is any news of a device on the horizon that won't require any modification to the system, and plug in like a video card or something similar (perhaps plugging into one of the system's ports). If not, do you anticipate something being conceived in the near future?

Thanks

2. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    If there ever was such a magical device on the horizon I'm sure it would be the talk of the forum. So the answers a no, the current drive modchip method will be around for a while methinks.

Cough up the cash from that gigantic wad of dough you will have saved not buying any games and send it away to be modded...

[​IMG]

3. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Hmm...that begs the question, to whom? Are there some trustworthy, reliable folks who won't leave you with a $300 piece of unusable metal?

I agree, though. At $50 a game, there's a lot of potential for savings.

4. nloding

Member nloding GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I recommend Chuck at ModAWii.com ... you can ship it to him, he'll mod away. Cost you as much as 2 games.

Just get a modchip (I recommend an OpenWii 2.2 chip), and ship your Wii to a respected installer, even if they aren't local.

(PS: I recommend Chuck cuz he hooked me up a few weeks ago, and I'm more than happy. He didn't do my install though, I did it myself.)

5. L_o_N_e_R

Member L_o_N_e_R GBAtemp Fan

United States

get out some old random electric crap you dont need in your garage and start practicing soldering

and of course you could wait for a soft mod