Hacking Mod options for the newest wii models? (USA)

MagicDrumSticks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so my current Wii is fucked, the only option I have is to return it to the store and get one of the new bundles. Now with this said, if I end up with a new console, is there a modchip or something that doesn't require soldering? I can't solder
frown.gif

MagicDrumSticks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djda said:
Well yes there are soderless modchips available here Drive Key - Soderless Modchip and there are several other soderless chips around. Well these are nice it is still in my opinion better to softmod the wii but its all preference i suppose.

Hmm well how would I go about installing Virtual Console games from .wad files? Is that possible on the lu64 models with the chip?

russelcrowebar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MagicDrumSticks said:
djda said:
Well yes there are soderless modchips available here Drive Key - Soderless Modchip and there are several other soderless chips around. Well these are nice it is still in my opinion better to softmod the wii but its all preference i suppose.

Hmm well how would I go about installing Virtual Console games from .wad files? Is that possible on the lu64 models with the chip?

Hey,

Since I just did this very thing, I want to help you out. I bought an LU64 version lately, 3.4u. Here's what to do, it's still soft-moddable:

First, twilight hack it or do bannerbomb, depending on which system menu you're on (4.0 is bannerbomb). They should still work according to many who have tried.

After you install homebrew channel follow the instructions from the thread about LU64 models (I think you install IOS16 with WAD Manager, then do the LU64 fix with custom wad manager but I'm not sure -- check the thread).

Once this is done you are free to install other wads and backup loaders/usb loaders, just do not use cIOSCORP or downgrade or install any other custom ios unless they're deemed safe.. hope that helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs