Mod My Wii without a chip. Softmod?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kaboom987, Aug 24, 2009.

Aug 24, 2009
  1. kaboom987
    OP

Newcomer kaboom987 Member

Canada
    Hi,

Im REALLY new with modding and hacking the Wii. So hopefully someone can help.

I purchased my Wii in 2007, and it is currently on firmware 3.4U.
    I want to play backups of a few games, my siblings are wonderful [​IMG]
    Now I REALLY dont want to open up my Wii and mess with it.
    Is there a way to do so?

I appreciate ALL help!!!

If I HAVE TO open my Wii can someone please post a tutorial, Ive looked around, nothing understandable turned up.
    What do I need, and how Hard is it really?

but Id rather not open it up,

Thank You!

2. xDlmaoxD

Member xDlmaoxD GBAtemp Fan

United States
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890&st=0

If you can't understand that then your like a total beginner which I don't have the time to take baby steps with you maybe someone else.
    It took me 4 mins to hack my Wii , 8 mins to play backups its that easy using that guide.

3. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
  4. Deviyl

Member Deviyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Maybe next time look around a bit before blindly coming here to post a new topic asking something as silly as this. Softmods for the Wii have been around for ages. It's not like this is anything new...

5. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    @Deviyl and other posters who wish to step in and flame/attack a person asking a question ....

REMEMBER: Give the OP a break and check the OP posts count before jumping on them!

If you did you would of seen that being a complete beginner to both this forum and to soft modding they are really only just starting out! ...

Yes its frustrating the same questions over and over but .... Some people still need that guiding light and not get ripped into for not searching or having a clue about something they have never tried!

Also remember WE ALL had to start somewhere!

They come to forums like this for advice not to be shot down in seconds of asking a question!

6. Retrievil

Member Retrievil GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    When there are guides to do exactly what the person wants at the top of this forum, that even a moron could follow, then the person deserves to be ridiculed. It took longer for the guy to make this post than it would to read one of those topics.

Yeah we all start somewhere but people don't deserve to have the knowledge unless they are at least willing to take 5 minutes and read a couple threads.

7. spacedkadet

Newcomer spacedkadet Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Yes this guy asked nicely with good manners etc which i think is fine, its when people ask in as few words as possible butchering the language and just seaming ignorant.

@kaboom987: The guide posted old8oy will tell you all you need to know although i persoanally prefer
    this newer guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=173713

One thing i will ask on behalf of everyone here is that those 2 guides are very thorough and do tell you everything you need to know so please read them over and over until you understand as knowledge is the key to hacking it safely, you (and we) wouldnt want you to end up with a scrap(bricked) wii.

8. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    its a guide, but not a hacking guide. that is to gain knowledge about certain apps.
    ive been having this linked to my guide anyways.

9. wrettcaughn

United States
    Wow...

@Retrievil - Remember this post? Maybe if you would've done a little searching (which a moron is capable of) you could have found the answer to your question without asking anyone...

@Deviyl - you wrote a very nice guide but everyone learns sometime right? How about this thread where you made a noob mistake and f'd up your Wii. Not only that, but you replied to your own thread every ten minutes before anyone else even read it.

Now I know I definitely get annoyed when people skip over the stickies but come on guys...

10. Deviyl

United States
    @kobykaan-- His post count just makes it worse. If you're coming to a brand new forum, look around a bit before you just randomly start posting.

@0ld8oy-- My question wasn't answered in another thread and STICKIED at the top of the page, dumbass. You're just making a moron of yourself. Asking a legit question after you have searched is entirely different than just jumping right in and asking n00b questions that are clearly outlined at the very top of the page-- where you don't even have to waste energy to search. If you think what I did was in any way close to what happened here, then you've got a lot of learning to do.

I know I was a n00b once just like everyone else.. but I'll be damned if I didn't search the hell out of this forum before asking ANY question here.

11. Retrievil

Member Retrievil GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Don't you think comparing my asking about why you would need Hermes 222, when every game already works with Wanin's 249, to some guy asking if it's possible to soft mod a Wii, when there are 5+ topics stickied saying such things as 'Fully Softmod Any Wii' and 'READ FIRST BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION' is a bit of a stretch?

I get your point but come on, it's not like I was asking if the Wii was white, or if the sky was blue.

12. 0M39A

Member 0M39A GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    god, take your crap elsewhere guys.

here is a great link for every beginner to read (and even some current wii modders!)

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=173713&hl=noob

wondefully written guide that explains all the basic terms that you will encounter. once youve read that, then pretty much every other guide should make a lot more sense.

god knows why it isnt stickied yet.

13. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    this guide has already been mentioned in this thread.

14. kLiNiKaL

Member kLiNiKaL Dr. Greenthumb

Jamaica
    another great example of gbafail

not the OP, but yet another thread of nothing but flames...well done guys...another noob flamed...does that make your cock hard or something??

ALOT of people on this forum seriously need to get laid man i swear..

15. Deviyl

United States
    Who rattled your cage, man? Just for posting here you've proven to be one of the individuals you described in your post. Good job with that Fail.

16. kLiNiKaL

Jamaica
    shhh u troll..this will be my last response.

17. wrettcaughn

United States
    So much anger....

Deviyl, at no point did I call you a dumbass or anything close. I merely stated that you made a noob mistake, just like I have, just like everyone else has... Truly, nothing to get bent out of shape over. You are knowledgeable and you contribute to the cause, but flaming some noob doesn't reflect that very well. How many different guides are stickied at the top of the Hacking page? Which one is the right one to use? Remember, we were asking Hadrian to clean that all up...together...a couple of weeks ago to help prevent threads like these from starting. All of those threads are still stickied there...

Retrievil, you came into the conversation 20 minutes after it was already resolved specifically to flame...really...

So now that the kid has been effectively run out of town and everyone has gotten everything off their chests, maybe a mod could lock this thread.

18. Deviyl

United States
    +1.

19. kaboom987
    OP

Newcomer kaboom987 Member

Canada
    Im not run out of anywhere, and Id like the say thanks to the people who actually took the time to help me.
    Im going to softmod it today,

Thanks

20. kLiNiKaL

Jamaica
    good luck kaboom dude, if you get stuck dont hesitate to come back and maybe now the trolls and flamers have had there fun we can get you up and running.

you planning on using dvd-r's or you gonna try out usb loader?