Hacking .mod file installs on v3.4U

KaHOnas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm already bracing for a hefty dose of flame. I've searched around, but my inexperience has made it difficult for me to even know where to start looking.

I'm running system menu v3.4U (I know I should not have upgraded, but so far my attempts to do the TP hack and install the HBC haven't been stopped).

I'm trying to install several VC channels (i.e. Mario Kart 64 et al) but have been faced with an error -2011 or something to that effect. I understand this is because I am running 3.4 and it has blocked the ability to load in the .wad files.

So, what are my options here? I started reading somewhere else in this forum about how to bypass this, but it made no sense.

I am new to this. I'm not a retard; I've done a lot of programming, but this Wii environment has me a bit lost. I'm just trying to get to the level where I no longer have to ask stupid questions like this.

So, in summary. I have 3.4. I want to put hacked VC channels on my Wii. How do I do it?

Thanks for being kind, or at least polite.

KaHOnas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20clarky08 said:
DOWNGRADE..

end of lesson
It's really that simple? I'm under the impression it will have no effect on my console, so I've got no issue doing it.

However, where are all these HB programs to be found? I've not seen anything that resembles the Mod Manager or IOS Downgrader or what have you anywhere. Where can I find this stuff? I guess my biggest fear is my inexperience bricking my console, so I'm being as careful as I can.

D

Deleted User

Yes, downgrade. Or either follow the wii fix guide at the sticky (You also should've looked into that first)

KaHOnas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
...follow the wii fix guide at the sticky (You also should've looked into that first)
I did look at that, but there were references to programs through the HBC that I don't have, nor do I know where to get.

I feel like I'm really digging myself a hole here...

D

Deleted User

A google search of those programs will lead you to where you can download them off.

The sticky also said "GET FILES HERE" or some other shit

KaHOnas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
A google search of those programs will lead you to where you can download them off.

Okay, I don't know if I've pissed anyone off (I may or may not have), but I'm done asking questions. I figure there's enough info for me to figure it out myself without wasting anyone's time.

Thanks for the help thus far, though. I do appreciate it!

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KaHOnas said:
afif95 said:

Okay, I don't know if I've pissed anyone off (I may or may not have), but I'm done asking questions. I figure there's enough info for me to figure it out myself without wasting anyone's time.

Thanks for the help thus far, though. I do appreciate it!

i reccemend you don't search off of google, Gbatemp is the best site to be trusted for all Wii needs.

Just goto the link and follow the instructions to downgrade, and then things should be fine.

D

Deleted User

Really, you should take a look at the sticky, the "Essential List of Guides" sticky. From there, go to "3.1-3.4 Twilight/Downgrade" guide.

Since you don't have a clue on where to start, you should really look into that guide first, don't do anything (what i mean is doing the steps that you assumed is right) by yourself, since you're a noob (no offence
tongue.gif
).

Plus, it is called WAD, not mod

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KaHOnas said:
afif95 said:
...follow the wii fix guide at the sticky (You also should've looked into that first)
I did look at that, but there were references to programs through the HBC that I don't have, nor do I know where to get.

Wow but you program? Go to whoever told you downgrading wont do anything and beat the shit out of them. I would like to know what you programed. (P.S. dont say: i mades me a email with thats yahoo's.

KaHOnas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ericthegreat said:
KaHOnas said:
afif95 said:

Wow but you program? Go to whoever told you downgrading wont do anything and beat the shit out of them. I would like to know what you programed. (P.S. dont say: i mades me a email with thats yahoo's.
It's been a few years (life and military deployments kinda fucked me up) but I used to be relatively proficient in assembly and (go ahead and laugh) Ada 95. Like I said. I didn't mean to come across as a prodigy at the program, and what I do know may be seriously outdated, but I get the general idea. Anyway, I found what I needed. I overlooked a bunch of stuff in the Wii Fix sticky. It's all good now. I'm in my zone now, thanks to you'uns.

KaHOnas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20clarky08 said:
thats what i like to see mann.....someone who comes on....is told to go read, goes and reads, understands...

fuckin rare lol fuckin rare..
Just trying to not be "that guy". Besides, sometimes I just need a kick in the ass in the right direction. Cal me an idiot and send me on my way.

Re: the Wiibrew page, I have spent my last 2 weeks of life on there absorbing as much as I can about all this Wii hack schtuff. There's just some stuff it doesn't cover, hence me being here making a fool of myself.

Thanks!

D

Deleted User

No dude, he 's praising you. You ask, you read, you understand. You're not that guy who reads, and never gives a fuck about it and ask, althought it's very apparent.

KaHOnas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
No dude, he 's praising you. You ask, you read, you understand. You're not that guy who reads, and never gives a fuck about it and ask, althought it's very apparent.
Nah, I understand what he was saying. I guess I'm just not coming across very clearly. Anyway, I am having some issues with the .mod install still. I did the first 3 steps of the Wii Fix mod listed by pir8, but nothing is fixed thus far.

I guess the next step (though I've read it wasn't necessary in several different places) is to downgrade from 3.4U to 3.2U (that's the American version, right?).

I guess my big concern is something acting up and bricking out my console with the downgrade. I had to use a newer workaround to get the HBC loaded up, but I think that now that it IS loaded up, it won't be affected by the downgrade. The workaround was just so that it could get loaded in the first place. The HBC isn't a different version for 3.4, right? Just the loading procedure.

After I downgrade to 3.2, all I need to do is load the IOS patch to get the WSC to work, right? Again, my biggest concern is bricking. I really do want to get Starfall loaded up so I don't have to concern myself with this crap any more.

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
noooo dude i was praisin u lol...

dont get it twisted , you actually was givin information, you was thankful, and you then when away and read what you needed to read...anyways back to the problems.

continue through the entire guide til your back down to 3.2 with starfall installed.

and for the 3rd time man...they are WADS not MODS lol

these are installed from /wads/ on your SD card, using WADManager which you will launch from HBC (/apps/wadmanager/boot.dol)

once you have completed the guide however and are down to 3.2 i suggest you do a bit of background reading of the literature that has been stickied, this is not a flame, more ADVICE, no 1 wants to see another bricked console.

KaHOnas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20clarky08 said:
and for the 3rd time man...they are WADS not MODS lol
Damnit. You know, I know this. I know this. I know this. Why the hell do I keep typing that? Damn, it was too late. Now, it's too damn early. Whatever...yeah. WAD. WAD. Fucking WAD.

Anyway, I'll give the guide another shot tonight when I get back. I keep getting hung up at step 4, the cIOS_fix.wad (even when I follow the note and go through the "Any Region Changer"). I must be doing something wrong. I'll get back when I figure it out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs